The Defenders Shorten future seasons?

Maybe things will change, I have no idea, but that's what the article indicated.

I think what the article actually indicated was that a full 13 episode season 3 of Daredevil, and 10 episodes out of 13 in Iron Fist season 2, would be complete by the end of the current fiscal year, which ends on June 30th. That certainly lines up with what I've seen about the shooting schedule for Daredevil season 3 and remarks that Iron Fist season 2 will likely begin shooting in December or January.

Of course, the irony is that complaints about pacing issues are subjective. At least for me, most complaints I see about "pacing problems" come off as "I don't like that they're taking time to actually develop the characters when I came for nonstop mindless action". But that's just how I view things...

Would they really shorten one show by three episodes and leave the other three at 13 episodes? No.

maybe it's because they have less faith in Iron Fist and maybe wanna boost the per episode budget?

I think what the article actually indicated was that a full 13 episode season 3 of Daredevil, and 10 episodes out of 13 in Iron Fist season 2, would be complete by the end of the current fiscal year, which ends on June 30th. That certainly lines up with what I've seen about the shooting schedule for Daredevil season 3 and remarks that Iron Fist season 2 will likely begin shooting in December or January.

so we should have season 2 of JJ in March/April 2018 with season 2 of LC in August probably with ole DD season 3 dropping by year's end with IF season 2 debuting early 2019.

Hopefully we see another Defenders later that summer.

most complaints I see about "pacing problems" come off as "I don't like that they're taking time to actually develop the characters when I came for nonstop mindless action".
What...come on, man.

I don't think anyone minds when these shows take time to develop the main characters. I think it's when they take too much time on characters that end up not mattering (Sigourney Weaver) or mattering in a way that ends up feeling forced or unrealistic (the incest sister from JJ) or just plain boring (Diamondback, Elektra, various "Fingers.) Pacing is a whole different issue from this though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"