Smallville Smallville's influence in the comics, other DC media

The Incredible Hulk

Bad Hombre
Reaction score
Reviving this thread from the old forum as I always enjoyed seeing the items from the show that started showing up elsewhere in the comics/DC universe.

Was reading the description of the next DC Animated Feature coming out "Justice League: DOOM" based on The "Tower of Babel" storyline, and guess which former Teen Titan has been "aged up" with the rest of the JLA?

That's right, Cyborg.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169029-justice-league-doom-coming-february-28

Looks like it will extend beyond just this film too:

Mini-featurette – “Their Time Has Come: Cyborg and the DC Universe’s New Diversity” – 2011 will go down in DC Comics storied history as a year when a rich diversity of characters were re-introduced into the spotlight alongside Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. One of the most celebrated of the re-imagined characters is Cyborg, who became the new Man of Steel in Geoff Johns’ altered universe storyline, Flashpoint.

justiceleaguedoom.jpg

Last edited:
This was a good thread. Its always fun to see elements that where good mind you from books/mediums and appearing in other forms of it later. I am sure we will see plently of sv triats appear in future books/cartoons and even mos/beyond films or future shows.

Yeah Cyborg is a founding member of the Justice League in the Relaunch but he took Martian Manhunter's place.

Ya but it isnt the first time though cyborg been a member of jl didnt the 70s era of superfriends also feature cyborg as a jl/superfriends member i have seen some episodes of that years ago. But like i said earlier it still fun to see elements of one medium take effect in others. Like for example tim/dini creating harley quin for BTAS and later she been added to the comics, and is still a big player even with the relaunch of dc from info i heard.

Ya but it isnt the first time though cyborg been a member of jl didnt the 70s era of superfriends also feature cyborg as a jl/superfriends member i have seen some episodes of that years ago. But like i said earlier it still fun to see elements of one medium take effect in others. Like for example tim/dini creating harley quin for BTAS and later she been added to the comics, and is still a big player even with the relaunch of dc from info i heard.

He was in one season of Super Friends in 1985

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyborg_%28comics%29#Television

Cyborg appeared in The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians (the final incarnation of Super Friends)[30] voiced by Ernie Hudson. Cyborg's origin was told via a medical journal read by Dr. Martin Stein saying Cyborg was a promising decathlon athlete until an accident destroyed most of his body and his father replaced part of his body with machine parts. Also, he is not a Titan. He becomes fast friends with fellow teammate Firestorm. He is an affiliate of the Justice League of America under Superman. In the introductory episode to Cyborg, "The Seeds of Doom", Cyborg's abilities save Earth from Darkseid's seeds, but as Superman warns, make Darkseid a dangerous enemy to Cyborg, so Cyborg joins the League.

Last edited:
yeah even the arrows he uses look exactly like the ones he had on the show.

ga.jpg

only thing they haven't adopted is the compound bow, which I'm happy with.

Last edited:
Well isn't the first time dc did that with ga.

didnt notice her enthicity when i read the story, but really i dont see a problem with it at all too, plus from what it looks like she in a few flashback scenes probably the scenes they shot at a school in plano months ago as i recall they had a young clark kent filming then too.

So just was reading over at that fan facebook man of steel page. Looks like there is a report of another young actor joining the cast(whoses scenes will be flashback smallville stuff). Its the smallville created character whitney fordman, played by a young actor named robert gerdisch, here is a photo of him with director zack snyder:
http://www.facebook.com/Superman.in.2013

42586710.jpg

lol ya but who knows why, and my guess its probably not going to be much seen out of him, the young lana, pete, and clark actors probably like 2-3 scenes max i think. My guess is maybe they will do what season 1 of sv did and have clark crushing on lana but they never really were more then just friends cause she was dating someone else(ie this is where whitney could be). But there was also that one set photo from awhile ago of a "Sullivan" Garage with some jocks there, so maybe they also throwing a bone to chloe character with maybe a young chloe as a friend too who knows.

So just was reading over at that fan facebook man of steel page. Looks like there is a report of another young actor joining the cast(whoses scenes will be flashback smallville stuff). Its the smallville created character whitney fordman, played by a young actor named robert gerdisch, here is a photo of him with director zack snyder:
http://www.facebook.com/Superman.in.2013

Doing a google search it looks like the characters last name is Fordham not Fordman. So it looks like they are different characters, one is a person and the other is a pig.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/co...ert-gerdisch-cast-smallvilles-whitney-fordham

I wonder how the young Clark Kent looks like?

Rumored guy folks say looks close to cavill. As for the pete guy I don't see it. As a issue. Plus is the guy really that chubby. I only seen one photo and not even for the film. So he could look a little different.

Well haven't the comics had him as redhead/blonde white kid over the yrs. Plus really hair issue isn't that bad of a thing to worry about for a minor character who probably only has one/two scenes max.

I'm thrilled. Can't wait for it to come out. :)

isn't a comic about Smallville being talked about in the "Smallville's influence on the comics" thread a bit meta?

:eek:

Ya its utter bull no trunks, when in the finale we had trunks and it is set a short time after the darkseid deal. But i guess dc really wants to go with no trunks look for all superman stuff. Which is still another bs deal there, since we got earth one book, and many animated and old books still around with trunks. So they should have left it be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"