So I got into Syracuse University....

Mrs. Sawyer

Avenger
Reaction score
I'm so excited! I'm wondering if there any Hypesters that are going to Syracuse or are already students at Syracuse. Maybe there are some alums on the Hype that can give me some advice. :yay:

Sorry if this thread offends anybody for some reason.

Wait, what? Why would we be offended? Congratulations!

Great news man. One of my ex girlfriends and still great friend went there.

I'm so excited! I'm wondering if there any Hypesters that are going to Syracuse or are already students at Syracuse. Maybe there are some alums on the Hype that can give me some advice. :yay:

Sorry if this thread offends anybody for some reason.
I had no advice, until...

Great news man. One of my ex girlfriends and still great friend went there.
...bag this guy's ex and start an epic online feud for our entertainment. :up:

Wouldn't bother me one bit, I'm married and I've set her up quite a few times. Is he into older women though, Carol's 34. If he can make it down to NYC and can stomach hanging with a bunch of well to do art snobs like myself and her (she works at Sotheby's) then sure.

Congratulations Parker! That's great news! :up:

I've been looking at Syracuse's Communications program recently and it looks amazing. Too bad the tuition is ridiculously high. :/

Wait, what? Why would we be offended? Congratulations!

Thank you Carcharodon, and I thought it would sound like I was bragging that got into Syracuse to everyone when in fact I was actually looking for people.

And thank you Marx, Doomed Hero Rising, Sensi, ChickenScratch, DarkReflections, Crook, Bunker

I've been looking at Syracuse's Communications program recently and it looks amazing. Too bad the tuition is ridiculously high. :/

I applied to Newhouse (which is ridiculously hard to get into to), and didn't get in. However since I have pull in Newhouse (a high school alum from the same high school video production program works in the offices), I could get into Newhouse next semester. He even said Newhouse would help me schedule my classes.

I got $30,000 in financial aid and I could get more through work study and other opportunities. So I would have to find a way to make up $22,000 a year (in other words loans and eventually debt).

And yes Chicken Scratch, I love older woman so watch out :hehe:

Honestly, I don't think any college is worth that much money, but if you have the funds, I guess it's cool. Rutgers is looking pretty good right now for me. It's pretty cheap compared to other big schools in the area.

Tuition is so ridiculously expensive...and it only seems to be getting worse.

Honestly, I don't think any college is worth that much money, but if you have the funds, I guess it's cool. Rutgers is looking pretty good right now for me. It's pretty cheap compared to other big schools in the area.

I got into Rutgers too, but I decided not to go because their communications school is practically non-existent, and I want to go into film so that was very important.

Tuition is so ridiculously expensive...and it only seems to be getting worse.

I know. I don't know how I would've survived if I had gotten into NYU. Two of my friends are pissed at how much financial aid they've gotten for NYU, and they have to pay over $60,000!

Congratulations!!!!

Thanks man :yay:

I know. I don't know how I would've survived if I had gotten into NYU. Two of my friends are pissed at how much financial aid they've gotten for NYU, and they have to pay over $60,000!

I just couldn't imagine having that kind of debt waiting on me when I finished school. I'd be sick to my stomach! I'm glad that you seem to have gotten alot financial aid. Every little bit helps!

I got into Rutgers too, but I decided not to go because their communications school is practically non-existent, and I want to go into film so that was very important.

Yeah, I'm really undecided about what I want to do. It's between journalism and film production right now. What other schools did you look at?

I only looked into three. I got accepted into Syracuse and Rutgers, and denied by NYU film school.

I don't know how good Rutgers is for journalism, but I know its not that good for film production. They don't even have a film production major, just media studies. Syracuse's Newhouse is the best (along with Northwestern) school for journalism in the nation.

Before I applied, I was also looking into Boston University, Southern Cal, and Chapman, but didn't apply.

And Marx, I am so glad they gave me that much. I figured I'd get screwed over like my friends that got into NYU.

Don't be on SHH next year if you have classes, or co-eds to hit. Seriously. I don't want to see you around here a whole lot.

Yeah. College girls don't sleep with themselves, you know. :yay:

Seriously, you probably won't see me on the hype that much when I start school in August. I'm going through the motions in high school now. Plus, I was told that I have to have a great GPA through the first semester in order to get an internal transfer to Newhouse granted. I forgot to mention that my current major for Syracuse now is psychology. I want to dual-major.

Syracuse University is in Syracuse, a small city in upstate New York, and its pretty close to canada.

Congratulations man!! Make the Hype proud an seclude yourself into your dorm an miss class because you were posting on here to much.

I don't know what that is but congrats.
But on a small tangent...school is ridiculously expensive in America. Unless somebody is getting some serious scholarship money its usually best to go to a state school for undergrad.
I remember my senior year my 2 favorite schools to go to were NYU and UM and they were both ridiculously expensive. UM cost 50,000 a year for undergrad ... I hear that is more than HArvard :dry: :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"