So I got into Syracuse University....

I did my communications studies at SUNY Oswego, which is just 40 miles north of Syracuse, because of the tuition difference. Oswego has a great broadcasting school (Al Roker, Linda Cohen, Steve Levy are all alumni for example). I was even a reporter for a little bit with ABC WSYR News Channel 9 in Syracuse. Have fun, enjoy the wind and snow!

So I went up to Syracuse University, and while I was there I went to the financial aid offices to ask them for more aid. They checked my numbers on the computer and a financial aid counselor found a huge mistake.

My aunt put on one of the financial aid forms that I personally made $50,000 a year instead of her, which is funny because I don't have a job! So after talking with them and through turning in some extra paperwork, I'm expected to get a lot more financial aid through an appeal. I told them that my mom isn't my guardian and I can be recognized as independent when I turn 18.

They told me "I won't have any problems paying for Syracuse". :woot:

Congrats.........good job.

Congrats! It should be fun to watch Syracuse's excellent college basketball team while you are there. :)

Congrats! Getting into college can be a really exciting feeling. Enjoy the next four years. They will be short. And sometimes a blur (or haze).

Congrats. I'm actually a Syracuse Graduate. I know of lots of people who've been accepted into Arts and Sciences and work their way into Newhouse. I was a biology major, so I don't know much outside of there. But the sports teams are awesome, the campus is beautiful, but be prepared for the winter months.

Congrats! Getting into college can be a really exciting feeling. Enjoy the next four years. They will be short. And sometimes a blur (or haze).

Thanks! :woot:

Congrats. I'm actually a Syracuse Graduate. I know of lots of people who've been accepted into Arts and Sciences and work their way into Newhouse. I was a biology major, so I don't know much outside of there. But the sports teams are awesome, the campus is beautiful, but be prepared for the winter months.

:woot: Cool! I was looking for alums or current students. I heard it still takes a lot of work in order to make the GPA cutoff for Newhouse, but my high school GPA is 3.7, so I hope it doesn't drop off too much. And winter is going to be brutal haha.

First semester you'll have to take Freshman Forum and Writing 105, which are the classes all freshman take. WRT 105 can be a ***** in it's annoyance, but not horrible, but it takes minimal effort to get an A in Freshman Forum so it's a good GPA padding class.

Congrats! I'm only a sophomore, and all this college crap is too much!!!!:cmad::oldrazz:

congrats, friend.

i'm graduating next year from college, and believe me, it goes by insanely fast. enjoy yourself but make sure to work hard. you are paying for an education after all.

i'm applying to law school in a few months, so the application and acceptance process is about to start for me anew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"