The Amazing Spider-Man So now we've seen both, which was the best? - Part 1

I think Avengers, Iron Man and Captain America beat SM2.

I think Avengers, Iron Man and Captain America beat SM2.

Very good films, but they just don't have the emotional resonance of Spider-Man 2, and for that, I think it's a better film than those others. Followed by IM, Avengers and Cap, in that order.

How I'd rank all the Marvel movies with the Sony Spider-Man films.

1. Spider-Man 2
2. The Avengers
3. Iron Man
4. Spider-Man
5. The Amazing Spider-Man
6. Thor
7. The Incredible Hulk
8. Captain America: The First Avenger
9. Iron Man 2
10. Spider-Man 3

*I am still deciding over whether or not I like SM1 or Iron Man more. Same for Iron Man 2 and Spider-Man 3.

Marvel movies.

1.) The Avengers
2.) Spider-Man 2
3.) Iron Man
4.) TASM
5.) SM1
6.) Captain America
7.) X-Men 2
8.) TIH
9.) X-Men
10.) IM2
11.) Thor
12.) Punisher War Zone
13.) Ghost Rider: SOV
14.) X-Men Origins: Wolverine
15.) FF
16/17.) X-Men 3: TLS/Punisher 2004 *Can't really decide which one is better
18/19.) GR/SM3 *Can't really decide which one is better
20.) FF2
21.) Blade: Trinity
22.) Man-Thing
23.) Howard The Duck

*I still need to see Blade 1 & 2.

Last edited:
Marvel only films...

1.) The Avengers
2.) Iron Man
3.) Spider-Man 2
4.) X-Men: First Class
5.) X2: X-Men United
6.) Spider-Man
7.) Captain America: The First Avenger
8.) Thor
9.) Blade
10.) X-Men
11.) Blade II
12.) The Punisher
13.) The Amazing Spider-Man
14.) Iron Man 2
15.) The Incredible Hulk
16.) Hulk
17.) Daredevil
18.) X-Men: The Last Stand
19.) Punisher: War Zone
20.) Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
21.) X-Men Origins: Wolverine
22.) Fantastic Four
23.) Ghost Rider
24.) Blade: Trinity
25.) Spider-Man 3
26.) Elektra

Haven't seen Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. Probably never will, hah.

2VzmC.gif

:funny:

You make it seem like it's as bad to not watch a terribly reviewed film that's not even one year old to a film that's critically praised that's been around for 30+ years.

Last edited:
I don't think we will see him in this trilogy, but probably afterwards. Has there been any more talks about a Venom film?
I read on a wiki page that in 2012 they got a new director in the talks to do it since the last one dropped out of the project. I really hope this movie happens, I just hope it gets done right.

I'm a fan of both, but I prefer ASM as I think it is just a better movie overall. Watched it with my mother and my nephew, who both liked SM1. And both said the same thing, ASM is a much better movie.

Another 20 mins or so to develop Connors more and ASM would be an excellent movie in my view. It's very good in my opinion. Love story is heaps better and more convincing that Spider-Man, relationships in general are better done - which makes sense as Webb is good at that.

I think origin movies are very hard too do, in reality becoming a superhero would take a lot longer than what is shown in the hour usually dedicated to it. Is it any coincidence that some of the best comic book movies are Avengers, Dark Knight and Spider-Man 2? They don't have to faff around with the origin, they're straight in there.

I read on a wiki page that in 2012 they got a new director in the talks to do it since the last one dropped out of the project. I really hope this movie happens, I just hope it gets done right.

The only way to get it done right is to introduce Venom in this next trilogy (which I hope will happen) and then have a spin off from there. You can't have a Venom movie without Spider-man and still do it right.

The only way to get it done right is to introduce Venom in this next trilogy (which I hope will happen) and then have a spin off from there. You can't have a Venom movie without Spider-man and still do it right.
Agree which he doesn't need to be forced in at the end of the movie. He needs to have a full movie to be the villian. I like the idea of him taking pictures of himself as Venom and trying to pass it off to the Bugle that Spider-man is doing crimes. Venom's motives in the movie should first be trying to ruin Spidey's rep in the world. Second should be trying to reveal his identity to the world. Last should be trying to kill him. That's how I see you doing Venom justice in a movie.

I wouldn't mind a Venom movie or two, then TASM4 can have a showdown with Venom. Meanwhile, TASM2/3 and the Venom films can have little nods to each other.

Marvel only films...

1.) The Avengers
2.) Iron Man
3.) Spider-Man 2
4.) X-Men: First Class
5.) X2: X-Men United
6.) Spider-Man
7.) Captain America: The First Avenger
8.) Thor
9.) Blade
10.) X-Men
11.) Blade II
12.) The Punisher
13.) The Amazing Spider-Man
14.) Iron Man 2
15.) The Incredible Hulk
16.) Hulk
17.) Daredevil
18.) X-Men: The Last Stand
19.) Punisher: War Zone
20.) Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
21.) X-Men Origins: Wolverine
22.) Fantastic Four
23.) Ghost Rider
24.) Blade: Trinity
25.) Spider-Man 3
26.) Elektra

You really think that the Punisher deserves to be #12? I rewatched that movie a few weeks ago, and its really bad. I think Spider-Man 3, X-Men: TLS, Hulk, TIH and even Fantastic Four: ROTSS are better. When was the last time you watched it?

When I was a young kid, I liked it, but after seeing it again, the movie was poorly written. Better than Punisher: War Zone though.

You really think that the Punisher deserves to be #12? I rewatched that movie a few weeks ago, and its really bad. I think Spider-Man 3, X-Men: TLS, Hulk, TIH and even Fantastic Four: ROTSS are better. When was the last time you watched it?

When I was a young kid, I liked it, but after seeing it again, the movie was poorly written. Better than Punisher: War Zone though.

Thomas Jane is a marvelous Frank Castle and Punisher has always been simply a personal favorite of mine, so yes, I will definitely defend Punisher in any way I can. While obviously not a real favorite, yes, I would give it a #12 spot. WAY better than the films you listed.

And as for the last time I watched Punisher...a couple days after Halloween. Still love it and also the short film Dirty Laundry. Jane definitely deserves a second chance as Frank Castle.

I don't think Marvel was too happy about him using that Joker music for that short film, though :oldrazz:

Thomas Jane is a marvelous Frank Castle and Punisher has always been simply a personal favorite of mine, so yes, I will definitely defend Punisher in any way I can. While obviously not a real favorite, yes, I would give it a #12 spot. WAY better than the films you listed.

And as for the last time I watched Punisher...a couple days after Halloween. Still love it and also the short film Dirty Laundry. Jane definitely deserves a second chance as Frank Castle.

If you insist. I thought the Dirty Laundry short film was better than both Punisher films combined. I LOVE Thomas Jane as the Punisher, but the film was just awful IMO. So many things didn't make sense in the film, the editing was bad, etc.

I don't think Marvel was too happy about him using that Joker music for that short film, though :oldrazz:

Lol...I can just sense the anger Marvel had of them having to use any music heard in a DC flick :funny:

If you insist.

I always do :cwink:

I thought the Dirty Laundry short film was better than both Punisher films combined. I LOVE Thomas Jane as the Punisher, but the film was just awful IMO. So many things didn't make sense in the film, the editing was bad, etc.

The movie itself was fine, imo, except for the annoying music that's heard every time Joan shows up in the film.

Lol...I can just sense the anger Marvel had of them having to use any music heard in a DC flick :funny:

I don't think they really cared that much since it was just a short film they put online. They were just appropriating the music score for something new.

The movie itself was fine, imo, except for the annoying music that's heard every time Joan shows up in the film.

To each his own. Glad you enjoyed it at least. I thought the story wasn't bad, but overall I thought it was very poorly executed. I hope Phase two will include a Punisher film.

I think I tie SM2 with XMFC.

I think X-Men: First Class was really good, but I don't think its nearly as good as SM2. I think if any X-Men film should be compared in terms of quality, it would be X2: X-Men United. All great movies though. :yay:

I don't think they really cared that much since it was just a short film they put online. They were just appropriating the music score for something new.

To each his own. Glad you enjoyed it at least. I thought the story wasn't bad, but overall I thought it was very poorly executed. I hope Phase two will include a Punisher film.

I think X-Men: First Class was really good, but I don't think its nearly as good as SM2. I think if any X-Men film should be compared in terms of quality, it would be X2: X-Men United. All great movies though. :yay:
I must say, I'm slightly biest. Out of all the Marvel films, Spiderman is the one I'm least invested in comic wise.

I must say, I'm slightly biest. Out of all the Marvel films, Spiderman is the one I'm least invested in comic wise.

I assume you meant "biased?"

Spider-Man has always been my favorite, so I know I'm a little biased. I grew up watching the 90s cartoon, then started reading some of the comics. After SM1 came out, I became an even bigger fan, and became even more invested. I bought The Ultimate Guide book, started collecting older comics, and building my collection. Of course this got me into comic books in general, as I started reading other titles like X-Men, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, Batman, and many more. But Spider-Man has always been the one that I love most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"