Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home General Discussion and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discuss the anticipated sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming. Heading to theaters July 5, 2019

spider-man-homecoming-holland-bank.jpg

Didn't Feige say Spider-Man 2 begins a few minutes after the end of Infinity War Part 2? Not that we know anything but I have a hard time believing Avengers 4 ends with a press conference. I mean, it doesn't seem like a memorable way to conclude the first era of the MCU. Particularly since all three Russos films end with unique character moments.

I know nothing of this press conference rumor, but it does make sense as IM ended with one. Full circle to where it all began.

When do you guys think the new female lead will be cast?

Yeah, I'm expecting some casting over the next 6 weeks or so. At least the main ones.

When do you think we will get confirmation of a third film, and when do you think it will get released?

Since Sony only profits from the Spider-Man solo films, I wouldn't be surprised if we got Spider-Man: Homecoming 3 by 2021 within Phase 4.

We haven't had two solo films for the same character in a single phase since phase 1 (Iron Man and Iron Man 2).

The rumors of Mysterio stealing something that Stark made and of Jessica Drew being in the movie but with no superpowers,and now the Black and Silver movie is being delayed.
I'm thinking that Jessica Drew isn't in the movie,but Black Cat is.

Anyone else hoping that Spidey's (regular) costume gets a little bit of an upgrade in this one? I want the webs to be more prominent. In some shots (like the one above) you can barely see it.

Anyone else hoping that Spidey's (regular) costume gets a little bit of an upgrade in this one? I want the webs to be more prominent. In some shots (like the one above) you can barely see it.

I don't know if you've seen the (possible) next movie's suit but it does look like the webs are a little more prominent.

$

$

$

When do you think we will get confirmation of a third film, and when do you think it will get released?

Since Sony only profits from the Spider-Man solo films, I wouldn't be surprised if we got Spider-Man: Homecoming 3 by 2021 within Phase 4.

We haven't had two solo films for the same character in a single phase since phase 1 (Iron Man and Iron Man 2).

I thought I read somewhere that Spider-Man was supposed to be the tree that branches out the next phase of films like Iron Man did almost 10 years ago. I think Feige said that in an interview some time ago.

I'd love it if they were able to use Black Cat instead of morphing Jessica Drew into her sort of role. It'd also allow for a refreshing female lead we haven't seen in the films yet.

There is a rumor that Mysterio is a Kamar-Taj drop out and that he stole a cloak when he left.

I doubt it. Maybe it is something Spidey will suspect, only to be proven to be illusion.

There is a rumor that Mysterio is a Kamar-Taj drop out and that he stole a cloak when he left.

That would make a green light for Doctor Strange appereance too. Sounds legit.

My bet is Spidey suspects he is a wizard and goes to Strange about it, and Strange is likely puzzled because it is no magic he ever has seen (or alternately, confirms he is a fake).

So apparently filming wraps in December but they haven't even started.

I sort of see them going the more special-effects whiz sleight-of-hand angle with Mysterio, rather than being an actual Strange/Wong-style wizard.

Difference with Mysterio is it should all be illusion, ****ing with people's preconceptions and optics, rather than having any mystical ability. He's a magician at a kid's party, or a David Blaine *****e with a criminal side.

Yeah me too. Think more like lord Blackwood in the Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey jnr

The rumors of Mysterio stealing something that Stark made and of Jessica Drew being in the movie but with no superpowers,and now the Black and Silver movie is being delayed.
I'm thinking that Jessica Drew isn't in the movie,but Black Cat is.
Yes I think they are going this route too and as someone who wasn't a fan of the first film in any way this would be how to grab my attention. I loved Black Cat growing up. I found interesting specifically Spider-Man TAS interpretation with her having super soldier serum injected into her body. Would be an interesting way to connect her to Cap.
I'd love it if they were able to use Black Cat instead of morphing Jessica Drew into her sort of role. It'd also allow for a refreshing female lead we haven't seen in the films yet.
Jessica Drew from my knowledge never really had much to do with Spidey in the comics right? Not many of the various Spder-Women were directly spinoffs.

Jessica Drew from my knowledge never really had much to do with Spidey in the comics right? Not many of the various Spder-Women were directly spinoffs.
In the 616 universe they're just teammates, but in the the Ultimate universe she was his clone.

Okay yeah I remember that now and how I thought it was stupid. :p

I do find it interesting that Silver and Black has unofficially been shelved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"