Spider-Man or Fantastic Four- Which rights do you want Marvel to have more?

I voted Fantastic 4, mainly because the only thing that could possibly top Thanos in the villain department IMO is Galactus and the F4 reverting would most likely see the Big G going back to Marvel Studios.

Fantastic Four. Mainly because Doom is a pretty big villain to not just the F4, but the MU in general. Hell you could say that he's the definitive Marvel villain. He's probably the biggest missing piece from the MCU.

Considering Doom has directly taken on pretty much every huge name he can get to, it really would be a shame if we can't get him eventually. He took on the Silver Surfer and stole his power, he took on Galactus and stole his power, he took on the Beyonder and stole his power, he tried to take on Thanos, twice!, when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. He's still alive despite being trapped in hell, having his body obliterated, shot into space on a meteor, routinely attacking one of the most powerful and experienced super teams out there. He has his own country, an army of robots and Doombots with advanced AI who think they are him when not in his presence, nuclear capabilities, invented time travel and is basically just behind Reed Richards in intelligence and Dr. Strange in magic. He's even taken over the world a few times and gave it back out of boredom because it was too easy.

He's pretty much the ultimate villain. He's intelligent, persuasive, powerful, rich, influential and nearly unstoppable when he puts his mind to something. I would hate to never see him integrated in the MCU.

I'd love to vote for both. Despite Spider-Man being my favorite Marvel character, I think the MCU would get so much more for having the Fantastic Four. Reed Richards, Silver Surfer, Galactus, and especially Doctor Doom are characters an ideal MCU should have. Sue Storm would add some awesome female power to the MCU, and Franklin Richards could add all sorts of crazy antics.

It's a shame Marvel doesn't have their first family. The Thing would be awesome for cameos in the street-level hero Netflix shows.

Doctor Doom would be an awesome villain for Phase 4/5 post-Thanos. I've always considered Doom the archenemy of the Marvel universe, simply because he has fought just about everyone. One of the greatest comic book villains.

True shame Fox still has their slimy shackles on the F4, with Spidey I feel it could be only a matter of time.

Both. Marvel owns the characters, they should own the movie rights.

I'm far from bitter I'll be seeing films from every studio. Not wishing they were folded into the MCU. Fox/Sony haven't released any rights for important characters main super hero's why start now

Daredevil is an A list character that has been featured in as many greàt stories as any other Marvel hero. He's spearheading a highly anticipated Netflix series.

Surfer's next.

I'm far from bitter I'll be seeing films from every studio. Not wishing they were folded into the MCU. Fox/Sony haven't released any rights for important characters main super hero's why start now

Well they did it involuntarily with Daredevil.
Also it'll be a cold day in hell when we see the X-men and the FFINO cross over, that ain't happening anytime soon.

In an ideal world both. Since the choice is only one then F4. It legit was my favorite Marvel property growing up because of it's huge integration with the greater Marvel Universe. They're the heart and soul of the company IMO way before The Avengers, Spidey, Hulk or The X-Men. I think one of the biggest things that keeps me away from the Marvel Studios movies is the lack of FF and of course not giving the Hulk a proper solo movie.

joOcDcH.gif

I have stocks invested in apple. And since Disney products brings more traffic to itunes then Sony or Fox, I will have to go with the mouse.

It's happening

Oh is it now? Kinberg didn't seem to know of any planned crossover when he last spoke on the matter.
“The reboot of ‘FanFour’ really needed to work in and of itself. We were doing something pretty radical with the tone of the movie. If we wanted to find a way to connect them to the X-Men, we could. There’s a lot of precedent from the comics.”
Doesn't seem as definitive as you say it is.

I don't see the FF and the X-Men working together in a movie without a lot of forcing the story. Even if they mention mutants and the FF in the movies coming out it'll take more than name drops and credit scenes to get two teams in the same movie. The Avengers took five movies to get that together over almost four years before we got the Avengers. Sony might do 2 or 3 at most before trying to force the two. They don't act like the patient type for making something like Marvel has.

I don't see the FF and the X-Men working together in a movie without a lot of forcing the story. Even if they mention mutants and the FF in the movies coming out it'll take more than name drops and credit scenes to get two teams in the same movie. The Avengers took five movies to get that together over almost four years before we got the Avengers. Sony might do 2 or 3 at most before trying to force the two. They don't act like the patient type for making something like Marvel has.

I rarely make predictions about these sort of things, but I feel safe in saying that we will never see the FF and the X-men intersect in their current forms. Miles Teller will never be sharing the screen with Fassbender and McKavoy. It's remotely possible that within the next decade they will have cooked up something resembling a crossover, maybe an easter egg or a cameo, but we won't see the two intermingle anytime soon. Heck I'm still on the fence about FFINO even getting a sequel.

It was at the top of the front page still. :huh:

What I don't understand is how your name is "Make Mine Marvel" yet you prefer a watered-down version of what we could potentially have.

What I don't understand is how your name is "Make Mine Marvel" yet you prefer a watered-down version of what we could potentially have.

A name change is clearly in order!
What about MakeMinesMurdoch?

If these last few properties resided at their rightful home we wouldn't have these problems. DC fanboys don't have to put up with this crap.

That's because DC didn't have to deal with Heroes Reborn and the Clone Saga. The worst they had was a teched out crazy Batman and four Supermen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"