Square Enix's Avengers

nobody cares Squeenix, nobody cares

Yeah I stopped caring after the Spider-Man update. Maybe someday if I'm bored and have run out of other games to play I'll go back and download the Jane Thor and Winter Soldier DLC but if I'm not mistaken there weren't any added storylines, only the playable characters like with the Spider-Man DLC?

Where's WandaVision, She-Hulk: Attorney at Law, Doctor Strange, Shang-Chi, Captain Marvel and Moon Knight?

Ant-Man should be playable too.

nobody cares Squeenix, nobody cares
I don't mind if they keep updating this with new playable characters.

I have uninstalled this months ago and I didn't get to use Jane Foster. But these new playables are eXtra incentives for those who are still playing and paying for skins. And its not in every Marvel game you could play as Jane Foster and the Winter Soldier. So I hope they add a dozen more, if they can.

If they had made a really awesome single player game (ala Spider-Man PS4/5/PC), we could be getting expansion packs with those characters added in and the franchise would be in a much better position. Jumping on the live service bandwagon ****ed this game.

The skills set and wonky camera are also issues for me.

Spider-Man 2018 should really be the template for future Marvel games. This Avengers game reminded me of X-Men Legends games, the main difference though those games had better skills set, better story, better villains and way more fun.

To me, a better story for an Avengers single player game would've been Ultron, Kang, or something along those lines. Not Kamalia Khan coming in as a Jubilee type character and dealing with creating a bunch of Inhumans. Is that what anyone thinks when they think of Avengers? Felt more like an X-Men type of plot (super powered people being hunted and experimented on, a young hero being a kid sidekick, etc).

Imagine Ultron or Kang invading NY or LA and you get to explore one of those cities in an open world as the Avengers, or maybe a global threat with a "multi-region" type of map to explore.

2 years later from the original promised release. A.I.M. Cloning Labs finally gets its debut.

After all that it’s the same bloody location, enemy types and boss battle. Ugh

Last edited:
The enemies are all the same. Its too bad they have used A.I.M. goons for almost every mission.

At least Bucky is fun to play and I’m glad that he has a combination skills from Cap, Widow,Panther, and Hawkeye.

Rocking the MCU version naturally
D9FA4E4E-86DF-4011-BC63-514771383F6D.jpeg

What they should do the next time they make an Avengers game:

Make it single player. No grindy live service bull****.

Use a villain like Ultron or Kang. Something that feels like classic Avengers.

Inspired character and production designs that don't come off like cheap MCU cosplayers. Use the comics as part of your inspiration, not just the 2013/2014 MCU movies.

Also, how bout some fresh voice talent?

No offense to Nolan North and Troy Baker, but they can't voice every damn video game character

Does anybody know if this game requires internet access on PS5 to play the single player campaign?

We really need a good single player Avengers game that does for the property what that Insomiac game did for Spider-Man and the Arkham games did for Batman.

No Kamala Khan or other kid sidekicks (at least not until the sequels)
No Inhumans storyline
Classic villain like Ultron or Kang
More inspiration from the classic comics and less of a "this is an MCU tie in" vibe

We need to wipe the bad taste this game left in people's mouths.

Also, how bout some fresh voice talent?

No offense to Nolan North and Troy Baker, but they can't voice every damn video game character

Well, Troy Baker did with his little NFT project.

We really need a good single player Avengers game that does for the property what that Insomiac game did for Spider-Man and the Arkham games did for Batman.

No Kamala Khan or other kid sidekicks (at least not until the sequels)
No Inhumans storyline
Classic villain like Ultron or Kang
More inspiration from the classic comics and less of a "this is an MCU tie in" vibe

We need to wipe the bad taste this game left in people's mouths.

[slides over Ultimate Alliance 3]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"