Square Enix's Avengers

So a reskinned Thor to tie into Love and Thunder coming out. At least Thor is one of the most fun playable characters in this but I'd be more impressed if they had Doctor Strange as a playable character to tie into Multiverse of Madness but to truly capture his power set would probably lead to some game-crashing glitches. :o

Hmmm I suppose she will be a reskinned Thor. I'm most surprised that they are still producing some "content" for this but it's probably a very small team at this point.

So a reskinned Thor to tie into Love and Thunder coming out. At least Thor is one of the most fun playable characters in this but I'd be more impressed if they had Doctor Strange as a playable character to tie into Multiverse of Madness but to truly capture his power set would probably lead to some game-crashing glitches. :o
That would have been ideal but getting his non-standard power set right is probably beyond the effort they want to put in. :dry:

That would have been ideal but getting his non-standard power set right is probably beyond the effort they want to put in. :dry:
Too true. I'd actually prefer it if Strange were to get his own game to fully showcase his powers and if Multiverse of Madness is going to be a box office juggernaut then with any luck that could become a possibility in the next 5 or so years.

Too true. I'd actually prefer it if Strange were to get his own game to fully showcase his powers and if Multiverse of Madness is going to be a box office juggernaut then with any luck that could become a possibility in the next 5 or so years.
I love the character so I’d be all for that.

Honestly, I'm even shocked they are doing this much. Even still, as much as I like the character, this is crazy disappointing. You can't just do another clone. I haven't played the game since I platinumed it and I can't think of a reason for that to change.

Well, we can all blame Avengers for Square selling off their western studios. lol

Honestly, I'm even shocked they are doing this much. Even still, as much as I like the character, this is crazy disappointing. You can't just do another clone. I haven't played the game since I platinumed it and I can't think of a reason for that to change.

Wow, I thought you hated this game? :funny:

Studios just don't know how to tackle a modern Avengers video game

I say they focus on individual Character games for a while first. (super excited for the Wolverine game for instance)

Its way easier to focus on getting one character's fighting style/special moves/weaponry correct and feeling good than it is to balance a whole team, plus its a bit immersion breaking to make all the characters feel equally capable when the are not exactly all equal. Then you add in the online multiplayer and live game elements they tried to include here and that's just too much.

At best, if you want to do a team game, have each mission give you the character you will be using, who is custom tailored to that mission. Stealth Missions with Cap/Widow/Hawkeye, Flying levels with Thor or Iron Man, Horde Mode battles as Hulk, etc.

I still think this game was salvageable. They really squandered the 2 years following release though. We've seen plenty of poorly received games come back from worse. Such a waste.

Even the core combat and cut and thrust of gameplay was fun for a little while. But there was absolutely zero incentive to persist once the novelty of playing the avengers wore off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"