Square Enix's Avengers

Its so lame that Spidey didn't even get a story eXpansion. So when I opened it today, I really had no use for the friendly neighborhood.

I mentioned this before but I hate how shaky the camera is and its not good for the eyes. I never get this with Ac Valhalla which I'm currently playing because of the eXpansion.

I'm also curious to know if there are more characters in store for this.

I mentioned this before but I hate how shaky the camera is and its not good for the eyes. I never get this with Ac Valhalla which I'm currently playing because of the eXpansion.

I'm also curious to know if there are more characters in store for this.
Don't count on it.

We could have had Ant-Man but all it'll likely ever be is just Hank Pym lurking in the background cosplaying as Star Lord as he's been doing since the game launched.

latest

Still haven't really played since the Spidey release because I got this weird bug where it won't let me track the Spidey mission chain, in turn making it impossible to actually start his missions. Which is a real pain. Maybe I need to actually go back and finish the last mission of the Wakanda expansion first, which I never did because I got stuck and couldn't get past the 'defend three spots' part.

I do wanna get back into it though and I love the new Widow hair on the skin.

EDIT: So I was just being stupid and not realizing he didn't have specific missions. :p

Last edited:
It would have been hilarious is if it was the Garfield TASM2 suit since Insomniac hasn't even released that one yet for PS4/PS5 Spider-Man.

I thought they had suspended support for this game. I kinda tuned out after the Black Panther expansion.

Are they even continuing the DLC characters?

Im honestly surprised this game never made it to PS Plus. Its a Square-Enix game and that publisher has been a support of Plus. Not to mention Marvel's partnerships with Sony with exclusive games as well as content for this game

PS Plus couldn't get me to play this game. I don't see any hope for its future.

I assume they were contractually obligated to deliver a playable Spider-Man and that will be it. I don't see Squeenix dumping more resources into the game.
Fine by me. Unless the Ms. Marvel series inspires me to pick up the game again, which is unlikely, I don’t really have any intention of playing it anymore. I’ve pretty much had my fill.

I bought this game for €20 a couple of months ago and still feel like I wasted my money. The gameplay is so dated, it's like a PS2 or even PS1 game. I think I only played once, got bored during that tutorial mission, quit and never came back. You just can't come with something mediocre (or crappy I guess) like this after the Batman Arkham games and Sony's Spider-Man.

I bought this game for €20 a couple of months ago and still feel like I wasted my money. The gameplay is so dated, it's like a PS2 or even PS1 game. I think I only played once, got bored during that tutorial mission, quit and never came back. You just can't come with something mediocre (or crappy I guess) like this after the Batman Arkham games and Sony's Spider-Man.
What an utter waste of the Avengers license. Even comic fans and CBM fans aren't excited for it when it should be one of their favourite games!

This game was definitely a disappointment, but I honestly don't think it was THAT bad. The core campaign was emotionally rewarding and a fun enough story that I can see myself playing it at least one more time down the line. But it's the breadth of greater content where they really failed to deliver.

I think my frustration is, seeing what they could do with that campaign with only part of their team, I can only imagine how incredible that whole experience could have been if they're abandoned the Live Service game component and just committed to a massive co-op story campaign.

After playing the vastly superior and totally excellent Guardians game, I think they could've made something really special if they'd just committed to one vision?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"