The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I really liked Dial of Destiny personally. As someone in my 40's I liked how melancholy it was how stuff like Indy losing a friend really effected him. As you get older, you lose friends and the ones you become more precious.

I also loved the ending and and that Indy got to witness a historical event in person.

There was an easter egg on the T2 special edition DVD that would let you play the movie with that alternate ending and I would most often pick that one. I like both endings though, the ambiguous one and the more final one even with the weird old Sarah makeup. :o
No offense to Linda, but giving her grey hair would have been enough.

I’m still shocked that Indiana Jones flopped.

I thought you guys LOVED that franchise.
I really enjoyed dial of destiny and I personally liked the idea of an old Indy. A massive budget, lack of mainstream appeal, following up crystal skull and just too many years in between killed the box office for the film. I don't know how the film will age overall for Indy fans. I personally dug it, but I also think there's no bad Indy films.

I will say, I do think the films tone is not for everyone. For all of Crystal Skulls issues, it still has that excitement feel to it. Still, I think Mangold did a good job and I'm a big fan of his as a filmmaker.

I really liked Dial of Destiny personally. As someone in my 40's I liked how melancholy it was how stuff like Indy losing a friend really effected him. As you get older, you lose friends and the ones you become more precious.

I also loved the ending and and that Indy got to witness a historical event in person.
Yeah but life sucks and then you die was never what I went to Indiana Jones for. Mad Max? Sure. Maybe even Highlander? Sure. Indiana Jones? Not a good idea to make a movie about growing old and dying when you're trying to sell action figures and players to children. No child wants to be like "No Helena, I just want to stay and feel the sweet release of death wash over me" with their figures lol

Last edited:
I’m still shocked that Indiana Jones flopped.

I thought you guys LOVED that franchise.
I didn't see it in theaters (life got in the way) but we watched it at home and man, that's one of my favorite movies I've seen in a while. I have nitpicks but overall, great closure for a character I've loved since before I could even remember.

Terminator ended for me like this:

That and T2-3D :o

As opposed to how Terminator ended for me.

[not english, but I think you get the point of the cliffhanger]

As for Indy, much of my interested in that franchise is tied to my father, which made the latest entry a bit difficult to get excited about.

Whats everyone's most anticipated movie this summer?

Strangely enough......I think I'm most curious about Kevin Costner's 2 part Western epic. Does that make me weird? :funny:

1. Deadpool & Wolverine
2. Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes/Furiosa
3. Alien Romulus
4. A Quiet Place: Day One
5. Longlegs

As opposed to how Terminator ended for me.

[not english, but I think you get the point of the cliffhanger]

As for Indy, much of my interested in that franchise is tied to my father, which made the latest entry a bit difficult to get excited about.

One day I have to finish Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 2. I stopped watching because Freshman year of college got in the way, but I liked it.

I wish Disney+/Hulu would add Tru Calling too.

I wish they had gone with Deadpool & Friend as the title.

That would've been fun and I'm sure apropos considering all the cameos we're gonna get.

Off hand from what I can remember, I want to see Furiosa and Deadpool & Wolverine. Mildly interested in A Quiet Place Day One. Meh or mildly interested in everything else.

On the Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes front, the last movie I thought was great and ended it for me satisfactorily. I don't really need to see a 4th, and the trailers haven't changed my mind on that.

One day I have to finish Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 2. I stopped watching because Freshman year of college got in the way, but I liked it.

I wish Disney+/Hulu would add Tru Calling too.

That would've been fun and I'm sure apropos considering all the cameos we're gonna get.

It dragged a bit in the middle, but goddamn, the finale episodes were fire.

Off hand from what I can remember, I want to see Furiosa and Deadpool & Wolverine. Mildly interested in A Quiet Place Day One. Meh or mildly interested in everything else.

On the Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes front, the last movie I thought was great and ended it for me satisfactorily. I don't really need to see a 4th, and the trailers haven't changed my mind on that.

I'm interested in Kingdom because we are finally out of the set up, and back into the original set up of the Planet movies.

It would have been on brand for that type of humor and I do believe they might have been more willing to go with a funny title like that but since they're in damage control mode after last year I'm sure Marvel wouldn't want to take any chances and make sure to put Wolvie right there in the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"