Square Enix's Avengers

This is such a downer. A game starved for content, cutting off the majority of the player base from content.

The suit doesn’t look as bad as I thought it would but I’m still not expecting much from it.

I mean it still has that discount MCU feel, but it looks like Spider-Man, so I can't complain about the looks. Having played 20+ years of Spider-Man games and knowing how this game plays, I'm not exactly excited about the gameplay front.

If you are a Playstation 4 or 5 owner and a Spider-Man fan, chances are you already got the much better Insomniac games, so I don't really see the appeal of this.

If that's how the swinging is going to look in game, that's embarrassing. It looks like a mobile game with how awkward it looks. Especially when Spidey just started flying like Iron Man :funny:

Hmm, not massively impressed by that. Looks like amateur staged action lol.

Its going to be a 2 to 3 hour story eXpansion just like the previous eXpansions, so I don't eXpect much. The trailer looks okay.

I'm more intrigued if there's a follow up playable character after the friendly neighborhood.

Suit looks alright, I do like the fact his chest and back emblem are the same. Don't see too many spider suits do that.

Is it me or is Spidey moving around slow to the point where he looks like an old guy?
Yeah, that’s what I was trying to get across when I said amateur staged action. It would be like if a bunch of 80 year olds with no choreography experience recorded a fight scene with punches very obviously missing and everything ridiculously slow.

His animation does make him look sluggish compared to almost all his solo games since Spider-Man 2, and swinging kinda reminds me of the Disney Infinity swinging.
I think I'll play Web of Shadows instead.

But to be realistic; I'm not buying what looks like a boring game packed with micro transactions and boring grinding just to play an expansion of one character.

All the action looks like its playing in slow motion.

And this is what they've come up with for a Spider-Man/Avengers crossover story? They both happen to come across the same AIM truck? If there was more to it than that, they should've showed it to us in this trailer because this game needs all the hype it can get at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"