Picard Star Trek: Picard - General Discussion Thread

Part of me wonders if they just want to ramp up Picard by having his team be a mixture if franchise characters. 7of9 represents Voyager, PICARD TNG, Archer Enterprise, would just need someone from DS9 and OG series.

DS9 could be a lazy ass-pull and be Worf although I would prefer someone more like Nog or Odo, both of whom unfortunately have passed away. Garak might be a nice addition, although Robinson is getting up there in years too.

Part of me wonders if they just want to ramp up Picard by having his team be a mixture if franchise characters. 7of9 represents Voyager, PICARD TNG, Archer Enterprise, would just need someone from DS9 and OG series.

DS9 could be a lazy ass-pull and be Worf although I would prefer someone more like Nog or Odo, both of whom unfortunately have passed away. Garak might be a nice addition, although Robinson is getting up there in years too.
I would love nothing more than to meet Garak again, to see where he is now and what he's accomplished. If Patrick Stewart can return to his character though, I'm sure Andrew Robinson could.

Otherwise, they could have an episode with Nicole (Ezri) and the Aventine? Or if they wished to mix up the TNG cast with DS9, how about O'Brian? I'm sure Colin would be up for a return appearance.

Pretty sure Alexander has said he'd reprise his role as Bashir if he was asked too, and I bet Armin would reprise his role as Quark given half the chance.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Picard series transitions to an ensemble show of sorts, periodically reintroducing characters from TNG, DS9 & VOY as it goes on...

So is Q going to be dropping ‘F’ bombs now...? Yay, no wait, I mean yawn.
Perhaps Q will restore Picard back into a human being. That’s pretty much the level of writing I expect from the Picard writing team...

I'm elated that John de Lancie is returning. Q was my weird older man crush when I was a little girl. I guess I have a thing for omnipotent mischief makers (see also Tom Hiddleston as Loki crush)

I'm all for Q, de Lance is great with that character though I'm genuinely curious as to how they're going to involve him here considering where they're at. What possible purpose could he serve?

I'd love for a scene between Picard, Q and Janeway too. Maybe someday...

So is Q going to be dropping ‘F’ bombs now...? Yay, no wait, I mean yawn.
Perhaps Q will restore Picard back into a human being. That’s pretty much the level of writing I expect from the Picard writing team...

If Q can restore Picard to a full human being then he could've cured him before. Or now he could turn him into a full-on robot.

I know Patrick is 80, looks great for his age but this is the first time I've noticed that he's 80. His speech seemed slower than usual.

I noticed he seemed considerably older and slower during Star Trek Picard.

I'm all for Q, de Lance is great with that character though I'm genuinely curious as to how they're going to involve him here considering where they're at. What possible purpose could he serve?

I'd love for a scene between Picard, Q and Janeway too. Maybe someday...

How will they explain that Q is also aged? Unless he's deliberately assuming an older appearance.

How will they explain that Q is also aged? Unless he's deliberately assuming an older appearance.

I wonder if they'll use de-aging tech on him at first and when he sees Picard has aged, makes himself look older to match Picard.

I wonder if they'll use de-aging tech on him at first and when he sees Picard has aged, makes himself look older to match Picard.

That would seem the best option, but I'm guessing he'll probably just appear as an older Q anyway because they'll cheap out on that. They could always get his son to stand in for him at first though. He played a younger Q in a Voyager episode.

That would seem the best option, but I'm guessing he'll probably just appear as an older Q anyway because they'll cheap out on that. They could always get his son to stand in for him at first though. He played a younger Q in a Voyager episode.
He played his son in Voyager didn't he? I think that would confuse people (for those who remember Q Junior!)

They used de-age tech on Brent Spiner although not that successfully tbh so you're probably right that they'll just introduce Q as he looks now.

54nn0g.gif

Sand is running up! (shout out to the 80s Flash Gordon fans out there!

"The true final frontier is time..."

Stewart (his emphasis): ...All the story lines, situations, and times that you're going to be seeing.

For better or worse, both the interview and the teaser, hint lots of Time Travel!

And likely an opportunity (a "second chance") to change something significant, and of course all the usual ethical and physical dilemmas and ramifications that comes with.

The final Next Gen episode All Good Things is a Q episode, begins with Picard going "I'm moving back and forth through time"

Personally not a big fan of time travel episodes, or how it's used, and even less Deus Ex characters like Q, so these are my least favorite elements, they are hinging this season on.
Hopefully they have something new and interesting, and a really unique spin on it.

Last edited:
Yeah he already assumes a human form by choice to coincide with Picard, so just one line, suggesting by extension he's just visually matched age to make Picard feel connected imply their fates are always intwined, etc, if that's even necessary. It hardly needs much explanation.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Will Wheaton won't be showing up then. He seems more like a Collider-type host now and almost as if he were never part of Star Trek.

I assume Q is Q and will do as he pleases and like Mondragon said, he will decide to show the "frailty" of humanity by becoming an old man or something.

I'm guessing Will Wheaton won't be showing up then. He seems more like a Collider-type host now and almost as if he were never part of Star Trek.

Lol just give him a cameo and recreate this deleted scene

I'm not really that interested in the Westley character, or have much curiosity for the where is he now reveal. Although I still hope he does get a cameo, just so the Ready Room interview, he has to interview himself.
So Will how did it feel to finally get the call:? Tell us what was it like getting back into such a "beloved" and "iconic" role?
Cut to Will in the other chair: .... I'm so glad you asked:D

Last edited:
54l5lg.gif

Under Paradise Lost, what I assume is a Dixon Hill novel) name: The Dark Tunnel; Tracy Torme'.

Will Q give us (allow Picard) a hardboiled detective romp.

dZq4U9b.jpg

Last edited:

Sand is running up! (80s Flash Gordon fans out there?

"The true final frontier is time..."

The final Next Gen episode All Good Things is a Q episode, begins with Picard going "I'm moving back and forth through time"

And the episode which deals with a temporal anomaly (which has Picard interacting with the past and a as yet defined future) , ends contemplating the ramifications and paradoxes of changing the time line.
And of course the card game.

I'm assuming they are hinting the episode is worth a revisit, before the season begins.

Q: "The Trial Never Ends"
"The exploration that awaits you...charting the unknown possibilities of existence"

Last edited:
Will Q give us (allow Picard) a hardboiled detective romp.

dZq4U9b.jpg

Unlikely, because there isn't much fun in Star Trek: Picard. It tries to be more of a gritty show like many others these days and doesn't really have the same sense of fun as the old TNG series. An episode like "The Big Goodbye" doesn't seem like it would even fit in with the tone of STP.

Yeah he already assumes a human form by choice to coincide with Picard, so just one line, suggesting by extension he's just visually matched age to make Picard feel connected imply their fates are always intwined, etc, if that's even necessary. It hardly needs much explanation.

I assume Q is Q and will do as he pleases and like Mondragon said, he will decide to show the "frailty" of humanity by becoming an old man or something.

I'd echo the sentiment that Q would just match Picard's age because he can. He wouldn't need to portray himself as younger.

For writing purposes, if that was an issue they could just recast de Lance and have a new actor portray the role claiming he'd chosen to resemble someone else.

I don't think they had many, if any interactions before, but I hope there's a scene between Seven and Q. They were around on Voyager at the same time.

I also hope that Q doesn't just show up to cause mischief; he should have evolved as a father by now, and as a member of the continuum.

Unlikely, because there isn't much fun in Star Trek: Picard. It tries to be more of a gritty show like many others these days and doesn't really have the same sense of fun as the old TNG series. An episode like "The Big Goodbye" doesn't seem like it would even fit in with the tone of STP.

This is exactly why I can’t get at all excited for the return of Q in this show. I truly believe John De Lancies character will be ruined...

I wonder if we'll get the other Peyton List this coming season. We had one Peyton List as a Romulan doing a British accent. What could the other Peyton List play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"