Picard Star Trek: Picard - General Discussion Thread

Unlikely, because there isn't much fun in Star Trek: Picard.
This is exactly why I can’t get at all excited for the return of Q in this show.

Eh I have plenty of criticism of the first season, but it wasn't all grim was it? between the f-boms, murdering doctor, and bloody eye extraction flashbacks, they did have Rios dress up as a outrageous space pimp, and Picard a French Risitance/Bond Villain, whatever fun character he was supposed to be with his hysterical French accent LOL!. :p
Granted it's (symbolically) sitting under Paradise Lost in the teaser, yet Dixon Hill is already referenced by them . ;)
tumblr_ovfi4iDUng1tuxekao1_400.gifv

And Q is by design mischievous to the end, by intent to provoke, and bring out the best he sees in Picard and humanity.

Q: "The Trial Never Ends"
"That is the exploration that awaits you! Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence"

Q's attitude and last words of TNG series finally, fit right into what they will probably explore Season 2

Last edited:
As long as Season 2 ends with them getting married, I'm down.

O5QQuNw.gif

They did choose the Queen of:hrt: Hearts.

DeLW.gif

5YpMVaP.jpg

FhQlrop.jpg

darling1.jpg

These main nemesis as infatuated trickster deities, parallels are rife.

Last edited:
I’m hoping the Reckoning Tablet is more than just a trailer Easter Egg...

It’s time for the Emissary of the Prophets to return!!

Avery Brooks it's time, we need Captain Sisko back and looks like Picard needs you. Q better watch out for another KO from Sisko lol.

I just hope this hints at some DS9 Cameos and not just showcasing Picard interests in Archaeology...

I think there is only one person who could get Avery Brooks back, and it ain't Patrick Stewart.

lol

Definitely not Shatner. Cirroc Loften is the only person that he would consider it for. And even then, that sounds like a tough sell.

Penny Johnson Jerald? But she's on the Orville now so I don't think she'd be able to get Brooks back.

Brooks is done. I'd bet my life savings that we'll never see Sisko back for a Trek appearance.

DS9 cast on the other hand, quite plausible. Bashir, Kira, Ezri, Quark, Worf and O'Brian. I can imagine they'd all be willing to return for the right reasons, and script.

The same applies to most of the VOY cast too I'd think, save for maybe Rob Beltran (Chakotay).

Brooks is done. I'd bet my life savings that we'll never see Sisko back for a Trek appearance.

DS9 cast on the other hand, quite plausible. Bashir, Kira, Ezri, Quark, Worf and O'Brian. I can imagine they'd all be willing to return for the right reasons, and script.

The same applies to most of the VOY cast too I'd think, save for maybe Rob Beltran (Chakotay).

I always hold out hope for Brooks since I saw DS9’s finale many moons ago, I need closure!!!

Seeing Bashir, O’Brien, and Quark be like seeing old friend on a reunion drink much needed. I’m hoping one day I’ll have a continuation of Garek’s story but again I’m dreaming...

As long as it makes narrative sense, I have no issues in bringing back old characters.

Going forwards, Picard (and Discovery, too) should be about new characters but if there is a way to insert familiar faces from the past from a storytelling point of view, I'm all for it as long as it's not blind fan service.

I always hold out hope for Brooks since I saw DS9’s finale many moons ago, I need closure!!!

Seeing Bashir, O’Brien, and Quark be like seeing old friend on a reunion drink much needed. I’m hoping one day I’ll have a continuation of Garek’s story but again I’m dreaming...

Brooks is an interesting guy. I respect his decision to get out, and pretty much ignore Star Trek.

I do think, if the right story is made for Ben and Jake, he would be willing to do it. But convincing them will be tough.

As long as it makes narrative sense, I have no issues in bringing back old characters.

Going forwards, Picard (and Discovery, too) should be about new characters but if there is a way to insert familiar faces from the past from a storytelling point of view, I'm all for it as long as it's not blind fan service.
Sweet hell, how did I forget about Garek; he was one of the show highlights for me.

I'm sure if Picard ever needed to visit Cardassia, or Cardassian space even, Garek would (and should) turn up, but otherwise I'm with you. Introducing old faces for the sake of it just isn't needed. Those we've seen thus far had reason to be, as much as they weren't essential.

It's the Q and Archer roles that I'm most sceptical about at this point.

Last edited:
Sweet hell, how did I forget about Garek; he was one of the show highlights for me.

I'm sure if Picard ever needed to visit Cardassia, or Cardassian space even, Garek would (and should) turn up, but otherwise I'm with you. Introducing old faces for the sake of it just isn't needed. Those we've seen this far had reason to be, as much as they weren't essential.

It's the Q and Archer roles that I'm most sceptical about at this point.

Yes agreed re Garak.

I think a lot of the past crew from TNG, Voy, & DS9 would love to return, however I too am sceptical about Brooks coming back. Even if they've found the perfect narrative to fit him in. I don't know about the ENT crew though since they did not like how the show ended. But if the script is good, you never know.

I'm mixed about Q, will need to see what premise they've lined up for him.

I am also still peeved and even bewildered that there wasn't one single mention of the Dominion War during season 1 (unless I completely missed it). You'd think something as significant as the Dominion War warrants a passing reference at minimum, surely the fall-out from the war would be felt everywhere for decades in the Alpha Quadrant.

Last edited:
I think a lot of the past crew from TNG, Voy, & DS9 would love to return, however I too am sceptical about Brooks coming back. Even if they've found the perfect narrative to fit him in. I don't know about the ENT crew though since they did not like how the show ended. But if the script is good, you never know.
The cast, crew, and the fans on that. I think most of them would return though, with the exception of maybe Ethan Phillips (Phlox). I remember somewhere that he wasn't too fond of the makeup timing.

I still can't figure out why they're bringing Archer into this though. The TNG, DS9 and VOY characters still exist in the PIC timeline, and thus could show up, despite space being big. ENT and TOS characters have no place outside of a time travel episode, but those have been done to death, and the shows typically follow a linear format as of late (which I approve) rather than episode of the week.

I'm mixed about Q, will need to see what premise they've lined up for him.
Q's return needs to be practical. If it's just him returning to play more games with Picard, I can't help but ask the question why. We've been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. We don't need another Continuum Crisis either because we had that in VOY, despite it not making an entirety of sense. I'm still not sure whether the Q are supposed to exist on the same chronological timeline as the show, as they can seemingly time travel at will, but maybe even they have rules to follow regarding that - no big changes to the timeline or something?

I am also still peeved and even bewildered that there wasn't one single mention of the Dominion War during season 1 (unless I completely missed it). You'd think something as significant as the Dominion War warrants a passing reference at minimum, surely the fall-out from the war would be felt everywhere for decades in the Alpha Quadrant.
Hmm. A mention would've been nice, but then... why?

I think enough time has passed since the war that it just didn't warrant being brought up.

I still can't figure out why they're bringing Archer into this though. The TNG, DS9 and VOY characters still exist in the PIC timeline, and thus could show up, despite space being big. ENT and TOS characters have no place outside of a time travel episode, but those have been done to death, and the shows typically follow a linear format as of late (which I approve) rather than episode of the week.

Look, Riker needs some holodeck time...

Yeah I'm all for pulling greater themes, villains and world building off what's been well established, and cameos if the serve the plot great! Yet I hope they don't indulge - the fan service cameos is the only reason I'm watching - crowd, who see and treat the new cast as being in the way of the "real" cast showing up.
With Picard and Seven in, I'd rather they then focus on the new cast, characters and crew they assembled, and let the show live or die (if there really is nothing there) by them.
Yet if the hype, attention this show gets (and that's on the writers who might pander and encourage it) , is still all about who might cameo next.
Which is a huge disservice to the new cast and crew.

3ugnuc.gif

Last edited:
I did like seeing Seven as part of the cast. She is not new in the sense she was on Voyager but she is new to Picard/TNG and they have given her character a much better arc than she had on Voyager.

The rest of the new cast is mostly good too. Raffi feels a bit weird how she is so casual with Picard whereas Narek seems to hold him to an almost reverential high. Rios and Jurati were fine. Both got to be characters we don't see too often in Trek and Asha was interesting although I don't know what part she will have going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"