Picard Star Trek: Picard - General Discussion Thread

Seems like they are just rehashing the plots that Discovery has already done.

I mean, its rehashing a lot. This is classic Trek, not just Discovery. Definitely think they are going for a Voyage Home type feel. .

I really wouldn't have any issue if it wasn't such a short amount of time since Discovery did these plot lines. I like Trek going back to time travel and alternate realities, but the franchise needs to give it a rest for a little while or confine it to a single show. Not do it in multiple shows one right after the other. I would have saved this plotline for season 4 or 5 if the show reached that point.

I mean, they are going to be very different stories. Time travel doesn't exactly make them the same.

I just wish it was with TNG crew. I feel like Q is so tied to Picard and that particular crew.

Looks like heaps of fun and I’m glad they’re developing seven of nine’s relationship with raffi.

I know it’s not exactly a new trope but picard dabbling with fascism kind of feels like a retread of Georgia’s arc in discovery but I’m still keep to see where they go with it

Q's motivation here best be worth the turmoil, that's all I'll say...

Trailer looks ok, but I'm still not quite over Picard getting a new synthetic/android body at the end of S1 - essentially our protagonist is dead and a copy is now the lead character in the show. Is there a difference? Prob not, but something about that plot choice just never sat right with me. Felt like they wrote in his 'death' for no good reason other than to temporarily raise stakes in the finale.

Clone my body and stick me in a 20 year old version sounds fine to me.

Yeah me too except maybe before I pop in just Hoover up some of the fat with lipo first

Trailer looks ok, but I'm still not quite over Picard getting a new synthetic/android body at the end of S1 - essentially our protagonist is dead and a copy is now the lead character in the show. Is there a difference? Prob not, but something about that plot choice just never sat right with me. Felt like they wrote in his 'death' for no good reason other than to temporarily raise stakes in the finale.
That was a poor decision with the writing department, as was much of Season One. If they had to do that, it would've been the perfect opportunity to recast Picard (thus if they wanted the series to continue at a time when Patrick Stewart didn't feel up to it, that's where they'd have gone).

Picard died. His memories now live on in a synthetic body. Hopefully Q undoes that and sticks him back in his humanoid body but cures his illness. That's the least we can bloody well expect.

That was a poor decision with the writing department, as was much of Season One. If they had to do that, it would've been the perfect opportunity to recast Picard (thus if they wanted the series to continue at a time when Patrick Stewart didn't feel up to it, that's where they'd have gone)

If they wanted Mandalorian style finale hype, Picard should’ve woken up in his new body played by Tom Hardy.

Whoopi looking good as Guinan. Loving how freaky the Borg Queen is looking.

I wonder if the 2024 stuff will be the catalyst that leads to WW3 in 2026?

I have to wonder what will happen with Guinan now, and the season premiere date of March 3rd, after the outrage over Whoopi's comment today about the Holocaust. I mean, look at Icheb.

Is it just me? That techno track and energy...

63ju6r.gif

63jud9.gif

Although with good reason(S1 was way to melancholy) not surprised if they are trying to skew for a younger audience here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"