Strange New Worlds Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - General Discussion Thread

No. Seen still pics, Pike and Number One on the Discovery episodes, and the previews for it. I like the look of the show I saw from that. Looking forward to buying it when the DVD comes out.
Nice, hope you'll share your thoughts in here like you did with Discovery! This one's easily my favorite of the new Trek shows.

I will be honest, I still don't think SNW is good. But it is all we got so I guess I have to make do until something better comes along.

I will be honest, I still don't think SNW is good. But it is all we got so I guess I have to make do until something better comes along.
@flickchick85 and @Snow Queen reaction:
68c53fef7ff7558e1f3769d2e1404d9493b51c04.gifv

@DKDetective reaction:
8fa9e3b380b6906e2bf2aaab4368943d07b86a67.gifv

@Sithborg reaction:
2133ff05a3617ee2bf1b950d2a0e042a207e6f20.gifv

Darth's reaction:
de618f935d792a7929a76d8ea09ca46b92fe30f5.gifv

:o

How did Jess Bush get nominated for best supporting actress over Rebecca Romijn or the actress who plays Uhura? Not that I'm complaining as Nurse Chapel is the most interesting female, but she has a relatively smaller role.

We didn't exactly get that much more of Una or Uhura.

Not sure I agree. They had a lot of POV scenes and material revolving around Uhura throughout the first season. She was almost like a secondary protagonist.

Not sure I agree. They had a lot of POV scenes and material revolving around Uhura throughout the first season. She was almost like a secondary protagonist.
I feel like everyone got a nice chunk season one, expect for the dearly departed and Ortegas. They were just spread out during different parts of the season. They were also a few consist pairings, like One and La'an and Spock and Chapel.

Everyone was great in their roles, but Chapel felt like the biggest "break out" due to her ship with Spock and the fun that led to.

Last edited:
I thought there's only one Ortega. Am I missing someone? :huh:

How did Jess Bush get nominated for best supporting actress over Rebecca Romijn or the actress who plays Uhura? Not that I'm complaining as Nurse Chapel is the most interesting female, but she has a relatively smaller role.
Saturn Awards Voting Procedures
This is the process they use, seems like this is open to anyone and so whoever puts in the effort can probably get the votes they want. So it's a nice little cudos, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it. There is a reason Paramount has 2 shows nominated. You can look at some of the members of this and see some connections. Nothing nefarious just as simple as "hey can you help my show get nominated?" sort of thing. Just buddies helping each other out.

Saturn Awards are nice because they recognize sci-fi and genre film and TV at least, when a lot of the big awards shows will not, with some exceptions.

Man, thinking about awards, I really up and down just really love everyone in this cast. It's such a great ensemble in the first season. I had nitpicks sure, but none of the actors or characters stood out as "weak" to me.

Like just for example with say She-Hulk or Andor, I haven't had that. I didn't have it with Moon Knight. Halo constantly disappointed me.

The most consistent shows for me quality-wise tend to be anime. Case in point, Chainsaw Man or Eminence in Shadow.

Saturn Awards are nice because they recognize sci-fi and genre film and TV at least, when a lot of the big awards shows will not, with some exceptions.

Man, thinking about awards, I really up and down just really love everyone in this cast. It's such a great ensemble in the first season. I had nitpicks sure, but none of the actors or characters stood out as "weak" to me.

Like just for example with say She-Hulk or Andor, I haven't had that. I didn't have it with Moon Knight. Halo constantly disappointed me.

The most consistent shows for me quality-wise tend to be anime. Case in point, Chainsaw Man or Eminence in Shadow.
I still think DS9 had some of the finest actors. It might be because of the material they had, but I enjoyed them each time they were on screen.

You're not wrong, DS9 up and down had a powerhouse cast.
Yes powerhouse is a perfect name for them. They had some chops. I think Star Trek usually finds good actors for their cast, but DS9 seemed to be stacked.

Oh that’s lovely! Yes it was one of my favourite series of this year. Well deserved especially that last ep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"