Strange New Worlds Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - General Discussion Thread

I can nitpick a few things, but I didn't really feel like there was a weak or bad episode in S1.

I hope they can adapt some stories from the comics and novels like Early Voyages and Vulcan's Glory.

The enterprise is a thing of beauty, And I love Anson mount.
He was great in hell on wheels.
If you haven't watched that series, check it out

In the meantime, Star Trek Strange New Worlds has comics releases based on the 1st season finale.

even tho I never saw any episodes of Discovery even the ones with Pike and crew, I am watching SNW right now and my god I love this show the new adds of crew besides Kirk, Spock, and Number one are amazing.

No official word on season 3, but reports are starting to come out that filming for season 3 will start in May.

So, June/July for season 2?

Is it any surprise that Strange New Worlds is renewed for a 3rd season? Nope.

Nothing like seeing Pike, Spock, and the original Enterprise onscreen.

after having Scotty (well his voice and a hand) in that alternate reality of the season finale I wonder if they will have him show up in season 2 or 3 well at least the rest of him?

Everything looks great; but I really dislike this new Kirk. And yeah, the “romance” between Kirk and Khan, ehhh.

Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are pretty predictable. And Kurtzman has some kind of obsession with Khan. First introduce Khan's future relative, La'an, who just happens to be a high-ranking officer on the Enterprise, next have a romance between La'an and Kirk, then La'an needs to continue to feel very conflicted about who she is, and finally, introduce Khan before he is introduced in Space Seed.

Because reasons.

Don't get me wrong - I like SNW to a degree (Anson Mount is fantastic as Captain Pike), but Robert Meyer Burnett said it right when it he referred to SNW has the Las Vegas version of Star Trek - it's flashy, fun and nice to look at it, however, it's riddled with issues.

So ****ing delightful! So nice to see Klingons that look like Klingons again! And holy crap is that current scene clearly Toronto. Hello Roots boutique. :D
First time I watched Discovery, my brother and I were trying to figure out what kind of aliens the Klingons were, until they said their race. :funny:

Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are pretty predictable. And Kurtzman has some kind of obsession with Khan. First introduce Khan's future relative, La'an, who just happens to be a high-ranking officer on the Enterprise, next have a romance between La'an and Kirk, then La'an needs to continue to feel very conflicted about who she is, and finally, introduce Khan before he is introduced in Space Seed.

Because reasons.

Don't get me wrong - I like SNW to a degree (Anson Mount is fantastic as Captain Pike), but Robert Meyer Burnett said it right when it he referred to SNW has the Las Vegas version of Star Trek - it's flashy, fun and nice to look at it, however, it's riddled with issues.

Yeah, has to be that and not because of... [looks at Christina Chong].

And honestly, that guy is not someone you really should be bringing up as an authority. He is a regressive *******, AT BEST. Terry Matalas' recent interaction with him said it best.

Anyway, season looks fun. Just missing out on a look at the crossover, which I look forward to making many people online angry. And yeah, classic Klingons are back.

Because reasons.

You sure you want to use him as a reference?

He just sounds like a bigot who doesn't understand Star Trek.

First time I watched Discovery, my brother and I were trying to figure out what kind of aliens the Klingons were, until they said their race. :funny:
Freeze framing it on the Klingon shots, I really like how they are taking the same approach they did to the original TOS Enterprise to the Klingon costumes/makeup. The colours, textures, and sashes, are very reminiscent of the TOS designs, but re-imagined to fit into the higher budget, higher detail aesthetic established by the TOS films and TNG era shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"