• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Force Awakens Star Wars The Force Awakens: Early Tweet Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

The guy has had a bad rep for a decade at least. I remember his 7/10 Batman Begins review on CHUD that read like a 4/10. He has a chip on his shoulder about genre films.

His TDK review was like that too. I think he gave that an 8/10 but if your read it, it felt more like he gave it a 5/10. He's becoming more and more like a certain Mr. White.

I wish Jeremy Jahn's and Drew McWeeney were there and tweeted.

And Double Toasted too.

The trifecta of honest truth!

I don't know much about Devin. Any great movies he's known for nitpicking?

You could certainly say that. I personally can't stand his reviews and attitude and generally avoid anything and everything he says. But I'm posting all reactions I find so he's included.

More thoughts from him:

The guy has had a bad rep for a decade at least. I remember his 7/10 Batman Begins review on CHUD that read like a 4/10. He has a chip on his shoulder about genre films.

Yeah he's pretty disliked. He pretty much dislikes everything and has an arrogance to him.

Good to know I can discount him entirely then. :o

YMa6Y

Can't stand him! Him complaining might be the biggest sign that I will be absolutely in love with this film.

That's what I say when he slams a MCU film. Here though I'm more even tempered as I have no dog in this thing. Maybe I agree with him, maybe I don't. Only time will tell.

I wish Jeremy Jahn's and Drew McWeeney were there and tweeted.

And Double Toasted too.

The trifecta of honest truth!

Most famously TDK, as Solidus said. He went on and on about the fact that Batman got attacked by dogs in his review. The review felt like them most begrudging 8.5/10 ever. He also gave Spider-Man 3 a better review than Batman Begins.

I also think it's kind of rich that he takes a shot at this movie for having a dumb story....when he lops up everything MARVEL.

So Daisy is definitely the lead and gets the most screen time... NIIICE!

Most famously TDK, as Solidus said. He went on and on about the fact that Batman got attacked by dogs in his review. The review felt like them most begrudging 8.5/10 ever.

I also think it's kind of rich that he takes a shot at this movie for having a dumb story....when he lops up everything MARVEL.

Yeah I have to agree. I remember I read his review before seeing the score, and honestly thought "Well he gave that a low score" I was so confused with what he had said and the number he gave it.

Weak villain or really strong protagonists?
I think that has to do with their prominence in the story. Basically, screentime and how much the story revolves around them. Daisy is the main character, like I have been saying for two years now. :funny:

He didn't like IM2(and for that he can kiss my butt) so no, he doesn't love everything Marvel.

@rainnwilson
: it was epic, awesome & perfect. The cast was stellar. JJ killed it!

He wasn't too keen on Nolan's take on Batman as I recall.

EDIT: Others beat me to it. He's also the guy that tried to create some sort of narrative of bad buzz surrounding Netflix's Daredevil right up to the night it came out and everyone loved it. Then he backpedaled saying, "well it started off weak but got better."

Weak villain or really strong protagonists?

I interpreted "prominence" as "screen time". Unless I'm mistaken?

EDIT: Took me a decade to get to 100 posts. There should be a word for proud and ashamed.

Faraci is less enthused (shocking, right?):

Nope.

That guy call T2 a bad movie, he has also pretty much is not a fan of JJ to begin with. Many marvel stans get jelly when folks bring up that he is on their payroll.

Octoberist you gotta break that up I can't click it

Devin was attacking JJ as soon as he got on the project. He thought it was going to suck from the start, and then did a 180 randomly trying to act like he was hyped.

I'm really hoping the schmoes like it. I find their hardcore love of Star Wars to be pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"