State Your Opinion on A DC Character - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it hinted that he himself may be homosexual ?

You know that I'll read slash/femslash subtext into darn near anything but personally I've never viewed Rorschach as homosexual

I think he's probably incapable of feeling anything for anyone of any gender. Quite a few people ship him with Dan which is fair enough if they want to

I think he's probably too much of a psychopath to feel any normal human emotion including love or even just sexual attraction

Either way i still admire the fact that he'd rather die than allow Adrien get away with murdering all those people. I find that in itself heroic.

But it would have resulted in billions more dying though

I don't think anyone in the book can really be described as heroic. Apart from Dan and Mason every living character in the book is pretty awful just awful in different ways

It's a great book though :up:

Just not a very happy or optimistic one

That's not a bad comparison

Also I have the saturday morning cartoon Watchmen theme tune stuck in my head right now

'John will give you cancer then he'll turn into a car!' :awesome:

LOVE ROR!! My second fav watchman!I was around when Wolverine was a nobody. When Watchman came out. Wolvie had started to appear in every damn book and was becoming more super than supes is. Ror is Wolverine when he was vulnerable and I absoultely loooooove him. Dirty who started playing at being hero.Understood that sometimes to fight a thing. You have to become that thing! Uncompromising of his convictions and determined.I love that about him. YOU NEVER EVER $%^&* GIVE UP!!Sure Ozy made the world peaceful, but why do think we have free choice by the great spirit in the 1st place. Its for us to choose good or evil not for someone else who think they know better acting like your daddy!Ror for me is the true hero of the piece! Unwavering in his beliefs. "You got it wrong. I am not locked up in here with you! You are locked up in here with me!" In this nuthouse we are locked up together!! The comedian knew it and Ror knew it too. His dirty, tramp ass mom,ugly bean eating ,ink blot test ass RULES BABY!

Last edited:
I never really liked him. Yeah, he had some good moments, but I never really liked his character. He seemed way too crazy and too absolute in his view of things for me to like him. I always liked Nite Owl more than Rorschach.

Later tonight I'm gonna request that the thread be closed.

If anybody else wants to take over, start up a new thread or whatever, otherwise, I'll just make a new one later in the week.

Blitzkrieg Bop said:
Could you explain?

I always loved that Moore made Rorschach an admirer of Truman.

Rorschach agreed with Truman blowing up an entire city to end a war, but is against Ozymandias blowing an entire city to prevent war.

My main issue with him is how Moore used him to take shots at Ditko, especially concerning his hygiene and such. I don't think Alan Moore is in a position to rightly do that considering that rats nest of a head he has.

My main issue with him is how Moore used him to take shots at Ditko, especially concerning his hygiene and such. I don't think Alan Moore is in a position to rightly do that considering that rats nest of a head he has.

Why didn't Moore like Ditko? :huh:

Anubis said:
Later tonight I'm gonna request that the thread be closed.

If anybody else wants to take over, start up a new thread or whatever, otherwise, I'll just make a new one later in the week.

I think you're doing a pretty fab job with these threads 'Nubsy :)

Why didn't Moore like Ditko? :huh:

I think you're doing a pretty fab job with these threads 'Nubsy :)

Political differences, mostly. Ditko is a extreme rightist, Moore is to the extreme left.

And yeah, these threads are extremely well-done, although I guess updating them would get old.

He did?

I thought he just used Ditko's Mr. A as a trope for the concept of the character... Even then I was under the belief that Ditko didn't mind. I heard he said "I like Rorschach, he's like Mr. A... except crazy."

Wasn't Mr A the hero he created inspired by Ayn Rand's philosophies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"