State Your Opinion on a Character (New 52 Edition) - Part 1

1610019-black_racer_04.jpg

BLACK RACER

Not a fan of Black Racer. He's Silver Surfer but not as interesting.

Not a fan of Black Racer. He's Silver Surfer but not as interesting.

Kirby liked to "recycle" a lot. I know it's not popular to rag on the King, but it's true. But always thinking that, I never noticed what you pointed out and... Damn, it's true. It goes beyond just the skis/surf thing though. Racer is definitely of a type very similar to Surfer.

Man, two weeks past without any activity in these threads.
I guess they lost traction.

2184475-trident_whoswho80s.jpg

TRIDENT

Sorry. I love this thread when I know the character. But I've no idea who Trident is and my only allure to Ray Palmer was that he was great in the Filmation cartoons in the '60s.

I might be in the minority, but I'm not a fan of most of the new gods. Also it always seemed weird to name the racy new God after a timeless Christian hymn.

Grace was a good "modern" for the times, addition to Darkseid's elite.

Unfortunately I kinda agree with Billy. I like the idea of Apokalips being out there, with Darseid and his elite but just about everything else New God related barring Mr. Miracle and Big Barda, I just have no real enthusiasm for.

I didn't love the Dick Grayson Spyral agent arc. But Midnighter at least was tolerable from it.

I got tired of Midnighter's shtick of preceding every beat-down by bragging about what an invincible bad-ass he was. I wanted to see someone like Batman or Cap punch him into the ground to shut him up.

Bump.

Where've you been Aziz?
Sorry for the very late reply.
I lost interest in this, had no more ideas of who to post anymore, and the place doesn't gain the right amount of traction. You can take over if you like.

I like Midnighter. He's all right. Could use more of him in my books.

I remember her being a poor girl who lost her father and was tortured by Professor Pyg, then she left Jason.

That's the one. Then her false face fell off.

I liked the whole idea of her being Jason's version of Robin while Dick was Batman with Damien as his Robin.

One of the better examples of a modern "harmless" supervillain from Paul Dini; she's still a threat to some people, but she's an enjoyable Sympathetic Ineffectual Villain when going up against Batman.

I really want to see more of her; I feel like you could have some fun by having someone like Red Hood hire her to make his HQ.

I kinda dislike "harmeless" villains. Pass.

I loved The Carpenter in Gotham City Sirens. I found her rich with being one of a couple of people that've been a part of the Wonderland Gang of Mad Hatter's. She's not mind controlled, she just took on the part because she's good at what she does. She's actually hardly a villain anymore, and is more a general super-carpenter. The only villainous thing about her now is that she's a carpenter without a license. :p

So yes, I like her. She's an echo of the world of Gotham, from its past to present and how it changes for the future with its mythology of the Bat Family and Batman Rogues gallery. They did the same with Poison Ivy, Harley and Riddler in that series, in that they made them neutral-(ish) like Catwoman. It's why Selina hung out with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"