The NEW OFFICIAL Green Arrow Thread! - Part 1

Havent seen many "Official" threads on the DC board here, so thought I'd start one for my favourite emerald archer (man thats a lame tagline). I don;t read DC comics as a rule, but something about the GA character caught my eye and now I'm scrounging up trades, and buying the last few issues before it ends.

Which is one of my points/questions: Is it really ending as a series? If so, why? And apart from the "Year One" coming up, what're they doing with the character? He doesnt have a JLA spot anymore does he, as Roy is the new Archer for the league.

Also, how does Ollie fair in the "Best martial artists in DC" nowadays? I was lead to believe that Connor was right up there with Bats and Shiva and Cass Cain. But then Ollie had the best of the best of tonnes of disciplines, plus Deathstroke's former mentor/teacher come an teach him a shedload of new stuff for a year - so is GA a high ranking fighter now then?

I dont know why I think this is the case, but will GA be discontinued after #11 or will it continue and bring me great joy?

found the answer to my own question.

It seems that after Brightest Day GA will be facing down a villain called "Black Arrow" who, Im assuming, is the guy who shot Ollie in the head.

Ollie got shot in the head? Let me guess: he didn't get brain damage, go into a coma, or forget how to shoot arrows like Connor because of it. ;)

well, he was shot with an arrow. He was dying, but Galahad dunked him into a pool of water in the forest (may as well be a lazarus pit) and it healed him. Later Ollie failed to save someone from dying, brought the man's body to the pool, dunked it, and then proceded to fight some black lanterns.

so no, he suffered no problems or memory loss from it.

z03-GA32010.jpg

Interesting comparison. Given the new origins of life on earth being related or caused by the white entity, and the forest being a natural expression of that (or something), maybe Lazurus pits are actually a semi-corruption of the white light entity, which is why insanity often follows, and it has limits

So does the first Volume of this new GA series really come out in July like Amazon says? Because that's pretty far away, and that sucks. I held off buying the issues and wanted to get the graphic novel. I ask because Amazon has gotten some dates wrong before.

GA_400x600.jpg

Last edited:
DC usually takes a long time to release trades. Usually like 6 months after the last issue is released.

Eh, the arc wasn't that good anyway. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"