State Your Opinion on a Character (New 52 Edition) - Part 1

That's right, another comic franchise, another reboot.

Let us start with this crackhead.

1736142-snowflame.jpg

SNOWFLAME

*Disclaimer: I do not encourage by anyway or measure the nasty habit of inhaling cocaine.

Lol. I'm a Grayson guy through and through. And I like Tim. I love the "holy" and "gadzooks" style of the 60s.

The glory of posts.
Awww...my least favorite Robin, maybe Steph's run as Robin can compete.

I'm not a fan of TDKReturns, so anything from that -verse is an automatic "nuuu-oooope..."

And here I thought I was the only one who didn't care for DKR. Carrie is annoying as Robin. I prefer Stephanie to Carrie.

she was alright.. but really i was never a big "Robin" guy anyways till tim came along!!
along those "Holy" and "Gazooks"( okay so none of them said "Gazooks!") but she said "keen" so you get the drift!

Lol. I'm a Grayson guy through and through. And I like Tim. I love the "holy" and "gadzooks" style of the 60s.

2302812-halle_berry_as_catwoman_in_catwoman_2004.jpg

CAT WOMAN
NOT SELINA KYLE, THE CRAP ONE
The Movie

The mere fact it exists should be flushed down the toilet.

a SPECTACULARLY BAD MOVIE!!! and how can you make FINEEEEEEEEEEEE ASS Halle Berry APPEAR BAD IS BEYOND ME!!! but it started with that S&*(*y costume!!! who fights crime in open toed shoes?!?! Come on!! BOOOOOOOOO That FLICK!!

Yeah. It's funny, but I usually can find some good in bad movies. I find all 3 of the released FF movies entertaining. I loved the Amazing Spider-Man series. I'm even ok with a lot of elements of Batman and Robin.

But I watch Catwoman and just think wtf were they thinking? Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?

edit

Last edited:
Pretty great, but I hate the fact that now everyone whines about every new version of the Joker either being too similar or too different to Ledger.

I don't know why I asked about that crime that is Halle's movie, it's very loosely inspired by Selina's origin from Batman Returns, nothing else about it (based on a couple of trailers and bits I saw on the fly) is remotely related to the comic book character or the related world.
I don't count it as a CBM, at all.

The Dark Knight is fun to watch, the action is solid, the bike chase scene is fun, and it is a pretty good and highly enjoyable film.
Overrated? 10/10 is overrating, if you try to tell me it's quality.
9/10? Still too high, give it an 8/10.
Joy level is 10/10 for me at least.

Cops: Hey, we can't arrest that guy from Hong Kong in his home turf, he's out of our jurisdiction, and we will break a bunch of international laws trying to arrest him, but that bat guy having nothing to do with the police traveling 1000s of miles from him just to cut down electricity in his building to bring him tied up at our door step, yeah, we can book the accountant for that, and ignore all the international laws broken just to have him here.

well i dont think GI joe is dumb and Duke is a real american hero....but yeah i DIG THIS FLICK Like alot!!( and I freaking dont like Batman!) but i gotta give this flick its due!! Some of it had me rolling my eyes like "i dont think so"... but honestly it took me 3 times watching to get stuff that went over my head!! i was all wow!! this &* is almost Shakespearean!!
i freaking dig Dark knight and Heath's performance!!

Yeah. It's funny, but I usually can find some good in bad movies. I find all 3 of the released FF movies entertaining. I loved the Amazing Spider-Man series. I'm even ok with a lot of elements of Batman and Robin.

But I watch Catwoman and just think wtf were they thinking? Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?
yeah me too baby! there are alot of flicks that alot of people hate but i usually have something i dig in them but not FREAKIN CATWOMAN!

Last edited:
well i dont think GI joe is dumb and Duke is a real american hero....but yeah i DIG THIS FLICK Like alot!!( and I freaking dont like Batman!) but i gotta give this flick its due!! Some of it had me rolling my eyes like "i dont think so"... but honestly it took me 3 times watching to get stuff that went over my head!! i was all wow!! this &* is almost Shakespearean!!
i freaking dig Dark knight and Heath's performance!!

yeah me too baby! there are alot of flicks that alot of people hate but i usually have something i dig in them but not FREAKIN CATWOMAN!

Thanks BV for the kind words & sentiment. I only watched this particular film once & it wasn't to my liking. I suppose I grew too attached (per say) to the Batman film from 1989 & it's version of The Joker that made me feel this way. I know it's the unpopular thing to say about this movie because so many like it & hail it as the pinnacle in terms of Batman films, but it's not for me. Anyway, carry on. :cwink:

The Dark Knight and Winter Soldier are the best superhero movies out there.

I love the ending of TDK. One of the most incredible endings in film and probably the most well done Christ analogy in film as well.

It's funny how you put your objections Duke. I grew up with Batman '66 as my Batman. Batman '89 was a bit jarring to me, but then I read more of the up to date comic depictions of Batman and that bridged the gap.

But I LOVE the 1966 Batman.

I didn't object to anything, I just stated what I didn't like about the movie & that happened to be the Joker they used. Had they utilized a different makeup scheme more faithful to the character, more than likely my opinion would have been different. As for Batman 1966 version, it was campy, but I definitely like it, in fact I own the entire series on bluray.

I'm envious. We never ponied up for the Blu Ray. And I wasn't being critical. I appreciate your opinion. I was just sharing that ironically I didn't originally feel comfortable with the changes made in '89, but I now really appreciate them. Time heals.

Happy Birthday to our favorite Muslim Superhero.

Happy B-Day Aziz!!

cSazQ8Y.gif

All the cool guys have October birthdays!

Thanks guys. :)
I'm sure I hid my birth date.

Thought for sure this guy is the Hype's favorite Muslim, but thanks again Krypton.

30517-4212-33961-1-star-trek.jpg

MR. SPOCK
Star Trek is not DC license anymore, but this corner logo is what counts for this cover.

For me, Mr. Spock is my favorite character from the Star trek universe. I like that he's the intellectual of the crew of the Enterprise, always giving or offering ideas, solutions, to whatever the crew encountered during missions. Another thing I liked about him was his demeanor & the back & forths he had with McCoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"