DC Television Suicide Squad’ Spinoff Series ‘Peacemaker’ Starring John Cena From James Gunn Set at Max

I really hope we get Checkmate in season 2!

Plz give us King Shark in S2 or in a ratcatcher series :hrt:

Dam so Cavill truly is done he definitely not above a cameo

WB: Why have a cameo when you can just have a silhouette or an extra whose face we never see? That’s what Superman fans REALLY want!

You know who I'd actually love to see turn up in this show?

540.jpg

That character written by Gunn would go together like chocolate and peanut butter.

WB: Why have a cameo when you can just have a silhouette or an extra whose face we never see? That’s what Superman fans REALLY want!

And who would you like them to have be Superman since Cavill is done and they haven't recast?

And who would you like them to have be Superman since Cavill is done and they haven't recast?

David Corenswet, Rege-Jean Page, or Jacob Elordi off the top of my head. Hell, use Routh if you want to. There are plenty of good options out there.

You know who I'd actually love to see turn up in this show?

540.jpg

That character written by Gunn would go together like chocolate and peanut butter.

Oh hell yes. I’ve never been a Lobo fan but if anyone could make him work, it’s Gunn.

David Corenswet, Rege-Jean Page, or Jacob Elordi off the top of my head. Hell, use Routh if you want to. There are plenty of good options out there.

Are any of them cast as Superman?

Does anyone know who were used as body-doubles for WW/Superman? I didn't look at the credits. Sups was more convincing than WW...

Twitter has some tremendous opinions over a small joke cameo, lol.

Season was good. I'm shipping Harcourt and Vigilante for season two.

I’m surprised there’s not much of an uproar about the Green Arrow mention from the season finale. Oliver is somewhere in the DCEU shooting at things.

I HATE faceless cameos like the one in Shazam - If you can't get the actor just leave it out - so I was pleasantly surprised when we got to actually see Momoa and Miller. I would have preferred if Gunn just showed Arthur and Barry since this wasn't a full JL scale mission.

Show was ok. Relied too much on a rock song to set the scene in each episode. And the butterfly plot was basically Starro again.

This really isn’t the same Peacemaker as the movie. That guy had no problem killing Flagg without a second thought. The one on the show was humanized for obvious reasons to make him a more likable lead.

The swing of Harcourt suddenly caring for Peacemaker didn’t cut it for me. He’s been the same immature character the whole season so I don’t see why her feelings toward him would change. I do hope we get to see more of his “powers” next season. Vigilante seemed like he was a more capable metahuman than Peacemaker.

Show was ok. Relied too much on a rock song to set the scene in each episode. And the butterfly plot was basically Starro again.

Eh not quite Starro other than that it was an alien menace and the aliens had the power to take over people's minds. Starro wasn't infiltrating people all over the world. Also, these are the type of threats that ARGUS uses Task Force X for.

This really isn’t the same Peacemaker as the movie. That guy had no problem killing Flagg without a second thought. The one on the show was humanized for obvious reasons to make him a more likable lead.

I feel like the show addressed this, did it not? In Peacemaker he wasn't a secondary character and there was more time to develop him. Even after he killed Flagg you could see how that affected him in the movie.

The swing of Harcourt suddenly caring for Peacemaker didn’t cut it for me. He’s been the same immature character the whole season so I don’t see why her feelings toward him would change. I do hope we get to see more of his “powers” next season. Vigilante seemed like he was a more capable metahuman than Peacemaker.

This season showed multiple scenes of them bonding and talking about things. She didn't just warm up to Peacemaker but the other crew members. Wasn't like she was ready to move in with him at the end.

Also clearly he wasn't the same immature character. He actually opened up to her about how he no longer feels good about killing anymore after she gives him a gun with the dove of peace she carved on it.

I wouldn't say Peacemaker/Smith is a "good" person now, but he clearly took steps toward improvement this season and he made some genuinely unselfish choices to help the people he now viewed as his friends.

Last edited:
Twitter has some tremendous opinions over a small joke cameo, lol.

Season was good. I'm shipping Harcourt and Vigilante for season two.

Twitter is terrible. The Snyderverse sycophants can't take a joke either.

James Gunn literally collaborated with Zack Snyder before and has never said a bad word about him.

Last edited:
The finale was ok and I'll give the whole season a 7½/10. Some things in the finale just seemed to happen way too conveniently (Economos crawled with a broken leg that quickly, not to mention walking??) and Eagly's disappearing act was puzzling.

Eagly didn't disappear. He flew away. I think the point was to show that he's still a bald eagle at the end of the day. He's a wild creature. He's not a trained dog.

Those cameos man....

haha-weak.gif

But yeah the finale was alright. But...

I need Gunn to stop watering down Waller like this. She's legit one of the top five masterminds in the whole DC Universe, quit making her look inept by being surprised that her daughter blew the whistle about her black ops program.

She seemed less inept here than the first Suicide Squad movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"