Super Nintendo Classic Edition (21 games)

Sithborg

Pretty in pink
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/879369032947847168/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Mother $@%@$%

I do hope that they do a better job of supply this time.

Game list:
Super Mario World
Mario Kart
Zelda: A Link to the Past
F-Zero
Super Metroid
Street Fighter 2: Turbo
Super Punch Out
Super Castlevania IV
Donkey Kong Country
Megaman X
Kirby Super Star
Final Fantasy III
Kirby's Dream Course
Star Fox
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario RPG
Contra III
Secret of Mana
Earthbound
Super Ghouls & Goblins

And Star Fox II, which we didn't get.

MSRP: $80

Last edited:
Hopefully they let you pre-order. It's a better list than the NES, and it's good that more people will get to play SF2. It's a fun game.

I would get it solely for Super Mario RPG lol. I only ever played it once at a friends house back when it came out.

I had a Sega Genesis growing up and missed out on having a Super Nintendo so I kinda/sorta need this. Here's hoping Nintendo ships more than three at a time. :o

Also, Star Fox 2? Holy hell. Really excited to see Super Mario RPG in there as well, figured that game was lost in licensing hell.

that's a pretty impressive list of games for $80!!

I might preorder this if they let you cuz I know how hard the NES mini was to find.

really want these games for the VC so I can play them on my Switch, but it would cost way more than $80 to get all those games.

but the controllers are wired? you can't play wirelessly??

I would get it solely for Super Mario RPG lol. I only ever played it once at a friends house back when it came out.

I had a Sega Genesis growing up and missed out on having a Super Nintendo so I kinda/sorta need this. Here's hoping Nintendo ships more than three at a time. :o

Also, Star Fox 2? Holy hell. Really excited to see Super Mario RPG in there as well, figured that game was lost in licensing hell.

Super Mario RPG was my first real exposure to the traditional turn based RPG ( hit points, magic points, experience points to level up, etc. ).

before that, I might have played a few turn based RPGs on the NES and SNES but I never found the appeal - I couldn't get into them because I preferred more action oriented games.

But, I'm glad I gave Mario RPG a shot because that sparked my love of traditional turn based RPGs and RPGs in general, which is now my favorite genre of games.

but the controllers are wired? you can't play wirelessly??

It looks like the controllers that come with the console are going to be wired this time around. Hopefully they'll be longer than the cords for the NES Classic controllers. However, I can guarantee you that there will be a plethora of third party wireless controllers.

The original NES Classic had some really good quality wireless controllers. I just went by overall user rating on Amazon as far as choosing the best controller goes. :up:

It looks like the controllers that come with the console are going to be wired this time around. However, I can guarantee you that there will be a plethora of third party wireless controllers.

The original NES Classic had some really good quality wireless controllers. I just went off by user rating on Amazon as far as choosing the best one. :up:

oh, good, thanks.

were NES Classic wired controllers hooked up by USB cables to the console, like how you hook up the PS4 controller to the console to charge it via USB?

if so, I could always use a USB extension cable.

oh, good, thanks.

were NES Classic wired controllers hooked up by USB cables to the console, like how you hook up the PS4 controller to the console to charge it via USB?

if so, I could always use a USB extension cable.

Nah, they didn't utilize the USB input like the PS4 or Xbox One. It literally looked like the classic input for the NES, albeit smaller in size. Extension cables are pretty reasonable price-wise. I nabbed a two pack for maybe $6 on Amazon.

Nah, they didn't utilize the USB input like the PS4 or Xbox One. It literally looked like the classic input for the NES, albeit smaller in size. Extension cables are pretty reasonable price-wise. I nabbed a two pack for maybe $6 on Amazon.

ah, thanks.

in that case, I do hope they make some 3rd party wireless controllers.

I get nostalgia, but in this day and age, they should have added the option for wireless, imo.

It was essentially the hook up used for Wii Controllers, so you could use your Wii Classic controllers.

Chrono Trigger is one the few classics left off this amazing list.

Chrono Trigger is one the few classics left off this amazing list.

Was just thinking that. Perhaps it was a coin toss between that and Secret of Mana? I still play the DS port of Chrono Trigger to this day, best port of that game IMO.

disappointed there is no DKCII :(
but i suppose there was a lot of games that got left out

I really, really hope they are serious when they say "bigger production". Because I want one, I want one now.

The only games I wish they added were Mario AllStars, MegaManX2-3, and DKC 2-3.

The only games I wish they added were Mario AllStars, MegaManX2-3, and DKC 2-3.

Same, but I guess they didn't want to give everything away since they want people to buy games on VC.

I assume N64 is next? I would love to get me Mario Kart and Goldeneye.

As for the SNES one, good list overall. But where's my Final Fight?!?!

I could see another, revamped, NES one next year.

I assume N64 is next? I would love to get me Mario Kart and Goldeneye.

As for the SNES one, good list overall. But where's my Final Fight?!?!

Final Fight and Turtles in Time would've added some variety in the beat-em-up genre.

You'll never see Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, Banjo, Donkey Kong 64, etc on an N64 Classic. A lot of popular games on the N64 were Rare, which is owned by MS, now. It would mainly be Mario games, Smash, Zelda, Star Fox, Wave Race, etc.

It could still work, but the quality wouldn't be as good as this.

Well, MS and Nintendo are the only ones that seem interested in cross play, so there may be some room to work with them.

This looks great, but I hope the amount of units they produce can keep up with consumer demand or that production doesn't end prematurely. For some Star Fox 2 will be worth buying the system alone. I predict that this will be a better seller than the NES Classic. I imagine with how the NES Mini went and the inclusion of Star Fox 2, Nintendo will make a lot more of these.

I so want to buy this especially because of Star Fox 2

I just hope Nintendo learned their lesson with the NES Classic. Hopefully pre-ordering will be available for this.

I so want to buy this especially because of Star Fox 2

I just hope Nintendo learned their lesson with the NES Classic. Hopefully pre-ordering will be available for this.

According to EGM they did

[FONT=&quot]Nintendo is righting two major wrongs with the SNES Classic Edition June 26, 2017

Sounds like Nintendo has learned from the NES Classic's biggest mistakes.Read more

Sounds like Nintendo has learned from the NES Classic's biggest mistakes.

| 06/26/2017 03:45 PM PT

SNES-Classic1.jpg

We’re still buzzing about the announcement of the Super NES Classic Edition and its inclusion, among other games, of EarthBound. But Nintendo is taking our hype to the next level by giving us hope that we might actually be able to buy one.

That optimism comes from a statement Nintendo made to Kotaku that promises to “produce significantly more units of Super NES Classic Edition than we did of NES Classic Edition.”
Nintendo couldn’t give us the good news without ever-so-slightly raining on our parade, however, as the statement also mentioned that SNES Classic Edition will only be produced from September until the end of the calendar year. That’s about three months, give or take.
One of the major issues with the NES Classic Edition was that it was quite hard to find in stores. Not only did the mini console sell out on its initial run, but five months later Nintendo ceased production on its previous plug-and-play offering despite selling 2.3 million units, according to Time. It sounds like the SNES Classic Edition will be in production for an even shorter period of time, but hopefully there will be enough at launch that anyone who wants one will be able to get it.
You might be asking yourself why Nintendo continues to short-shrift consumers who want to buy these “classic consoles,” and Nintendo would answer that it’s committed to the ongoing success of the Switch and 3DS, which is funny considering the Switch is still completely out of stock in most places.
On top of that, the SNES Classic Edition already sold out its pre-orders on Amazon UK, so we have a feeling that demand will be just as high if not higher this time around. U.S. retailers have not started taking pre-orders yet, but it sounds like you might want to get those Google alerts ready now.
In addition to producing more units, Nintendo is improving upon its previous Classic console in another way: the SNES Classic Edition’s controller cord will be five feet long, as opposed to the NES Classic’s, which was around three feet long.
The Super NES Classic Edition will be available September 29th for $79.99, and hopefully there will be enough to go around this time.
Source: Game Rant

source: www.egmnow.com/
egmnow_logo.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"