Super Nintendo Classic Edition (21 games)

N64 could have:

Mario64
Mario Kart
Smash
Mario Party
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Zelda: Majora's Mask
F-Zero
Pokemon Snap
Star Fox
Yoshi's Story
Mario Golf
Wave Race
Kirby64
Mario Tennis
Paper Mario
DK64
1080 Snowboarding
Crusin USA

N64 could have:

Mario64
Mario Kart
Smash
Mario Party
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Zelda: Majora's Mask
F-Zero
Pokemon Snap
Star Fox
Yoshi's Story
Mario Golf
Wave Race
Kirby64
Mario Tennis
Paper Mario
DK64
1080 Snowboarding
Crusin USA

The lack of Rare really hurts the potential for Nintendo 64 compilations.

The lack of Rare really hurts the potential for Nintendo 64 compilations.
well microsoft own's rare, so it can't be helped as stated in the video of the run down from EPN.tv that said why. the page over.

It's just how things are.

I still have my N64, still have my SNES too but it's kinda iffy sometimes.

I just bought an N64 for cheap for the purpose of playing 3 games:

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64

The last one needs no explanation, as it's understood that 4 players in that game is possibly the most fun thing to do ever.

Mario 64, because even now, I enjoy a session of Mario World on my SNES, and I'm hoping for replay value.

Zelda, because I played a bit of OOT and was hooked. Figure the other should be more of the same.

I guess I just stay a generation behind on consoles. Just got my N64 and Playstation less than a year ago. Makes it so affordable plus you know what games are good. I love going to the game shops, picking up a cart I've never played, and sitting down to play it.

well microsoft own's rare, so it can't be helped as stated in the video of the run down from EPN.tv that said why. the page over.

It's just how things are.

Yeah, I know the situation. Still sucks. It's kind of like part of Nintendo's history has been legally erased, though it's their fault for selling their stakes.

I'd love a Gameboy mini that was a Gameboy in the design of the original plus blacklight but had Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and Gameboy Advance games built in. With a rechargeable battery and long battery life.

Hopefully a Gameboy mini wouldn't be too mini. Maybe Gameboy Pocket-sized.

A retroPie is not a meaningful substitute good.
I understand that fiddling with a Raspberry Pi is too complicated for the average person but for those who like hardware hacking like me it's a great alternative especially if they already have an emulation setup on their PC.

Walmart’s Preorders Of The SNES Classic Edition Were Open Last Week Because Of A Glitch. July 27, 2017 . 8:30am

The retailer is now sending out e-mails explaining that the reservations for the console were open “due to a glitch” and all preorders made during that time period will be cancelled.

9 comments Read >

Last week on Friday, it appeared that preorders for the SNES Classic Edition were up over on Walmart’s online store. However, the company has now come forward and admitted that this availability was caused by a “technical glitch” and that all customers’ reservations for the console will have to be cancelled. [Thanks, NintendoEverything.]

Here’s a look at the email being sent out to those who preordered during the time period of the glitch:
Thank you for your interest in the Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Classic Edition. As you are aware, this is a highly sought after console that will launch later this fall.
Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date. We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order. We know that this is incredibly disappointing to you, and we’re truly sorry for this mistake.
In regards to the cancellation of this item, if you paid by credit card, your card has not been charged. Any authorization holds placed on your account will automatically expire in accordance with the card issuer’s policy. If you paid through PayPal or with a gift card, your payment will be refunded when the order is cancelled.
The official launch date for this item is 9/29, please check the product page on Walmart.com prior to that date for any updates.
I do hope you’ll give us another chance to earn back your business.

The SNES Classic Edition will release on September 29th, 2017.

source:Siliconera

I understand that fiddling with a Raspberry Pi is too complicated for the average person but for those who like hardware hacking like me it's a great alternative especially if they already have an emulation setup on their PC.

Which is exactly why it is not a meaningful substitute good. It does different things, with different requirements. It also doesn't supply the games themselves.

Its a neat thing to build, sure, but its not a replacement anymore than a box full of desktop PC parts ( and no OS ) is a replacement for a laptop computer.

If it was a glitch, someone's ass is probably already fired. That's a *lot* of negative PR for no good reason.

On the plus side. . . well, when they actually *do* open preorders, now I have a chance to get one. *cough*

Eh, another NES Classic edition fiasco in the horizon? Yeah, I'll stick with my RetroPie.

What is it about Raspberry PI that makes it so much more suited for retro gaming than just simply using emulators on a regular PC with decent specs?

What is it about Raspberry PI that makes it so much more suited for retro gaming than just simply using emulators on a regular PC with decent specs?

Nothing. A Raspberry Pi just gives you that console feel of having one device do all of your bidding. After you set it up, all you need is a controller, and you can traverse the menus, while being able to play most of the retro games that you can think of.

And they're cheap. I bought one, with a shell and a SD card for around $80-$90. I can also use my original SNES and NES controllers on it, and it plays games in HD with an HDMI cable. I can play games on multiple systems, and it works great(some N64 games can be trouble, though).

hqdefault.jpg
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[YT]hQbrS7aIqhI[/YT]

[/FONT]
SNES Classic Pre Orders Announced - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

• 1,651 views11 hours ago

[FONT=Roboto !important]Published on 08/02/2017

[FONT=Roboto !important]Nintendo has revealed when you'll be able to pre-order the SNES Classic! We have the details today in the Rundown, along with a cool new mode for NHL 18, the latest from [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=&quot]the Star Wars galaxy, villainous details about a mysterious new Star Trek project, three new games in the Persona franchise, some heartwarming news about the new Thor movie, and finally, new controversy surrounding Grand Theft Auto.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

source:
EPN.tv

hqdefault.jpg
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[YT]hQbrS7aIqhI[/YT]

[/FONT]
SNES Classic Pre Orders Announced - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

• 1,651 views11 hours ago

[FONT=Roboto !important]Published on 08/02/2017

[FONT=Roboto !important]Nintendo has revealed when you'll be able to pre-order the SNES Classic! We have the details today in the Rundown, along with a cool new mode for NHL 18, the latest from [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=&quot]the Star Wars galaxy, villainous details about a mysterious new Star Trek project, three new games in the Persona franchise, some heartwarming news about the new Thor movie, and finally, new controversy surrounding Grand Theft Auto.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

source:
EPN.tv

Oh.. my god. Do they not even realize Miss Cleo voiced Auntie Poulet?

Oh.. my god. Do they not even realize Miss Cleo voiced Auntie Poulet?
oh you mean the maker's of the tv pyshic show miss cleo use to be apart of which named after her. lol They just want money and they aren't bright people.

It'll funny if they really head to court with this .And the judge find's this out.

So apparently once again this was up for pre order now in the middle of the night/early AM. Like 4 AM on Best Buy and Amazon and sold out already on both. Great. I'm never gonna get one of these things. Such ********.

At 11:15 am CST Best Buy Canada announced on Twitter they would start pre-orders at noon CST. Sold out in 3 minutes, I managed to get one. EB Games Canada's site crashed at noon.

Super NES Classic Edition Trailer Shows Its Rewind, Frames, And Suspend Point Features. August 22, 2017 . 1:45am

Nintendo showcased a new trailer for the Super NES Classic Edition with a look at its over 20 games, its rewind feature, screen frames, and save points that allow you to save anywhere.

3 comments Read >

Nintendo showcased a new trailer for the Super NES Classic Edition with a look at a highlight of the mini-console’s over 20 games and main features.

[YT]nN8ZnDghWAY[/YT]
The Super NES Classic Edition has a replay feature that lets you scroll back or forward in time. It also features twelve background frames, and suspend points that allow you to save anywhere in the games.

The Super NES Classic Edition releases on September 29, 2017.

also with

Super Nintendo Entertainment System Edition New 3DS XL Heading To Europe On October 13. August 22, 2017 . 3:15am

Japan got a Super Famicom-style New 3DS XL last year, and Europe is going to get their own with the “Super Nintendo Entertainment System Edition” New 3DS XL model on October 13, 2017.

4 comments Read >

Japan got a Super Famicom-style New 3DS XL last year, and Europe is going to get their own with the “Super Nintendo Entertainment System Edition” New 3DS XL model on October 13, 2017.

Here’s the announcement tweet from Nintendo of Europe:

DH0i8QYXUAIs4DH.jpg

Introducing the New Nintendo #3DS XL – Super Nintendo Entertainment System Edition, coming to store shelves on 13/10! #NintendoGCpic.twitter.com/xUgyPfjWaU
— Nintendo of Europe (@NintendoEurope) August 22, 2017

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System Edition New Nintendo 3DS XL launches in Europe on October 13.

source:Siliconera

Of course it went on sale at Walmart today around 1 pm and I got the email alert. But I have been at work busy and just saw the alert now and of course it is sold out! Awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"