Super Nintendo Classic Edition (21 games)

I've seen this at my local used game shop. I may give it a look, because my main problem with the SNES Classic ( and NES Classic ) is that it's a close ended system that can't be expanded/upgraded with new games.

Nintendo should have just made a retro mini console on which you could have bought and downloaded all their Virtual Console games.

or else just bring VC to the Switch.

Oh I get it. I'd love it if they would've put a USB port on it then opened up their entire catalogue so you could pick the first 30 and then download any number of other games for a fee.

Oh I get it. I'd love it if they would've put a USB port on it then opened up their entire catalogue so you could pick the first 30 and then download any number of other games for a fee.

or else make it a cartridge based machine. so it comes with Vol 1 cartridge that has all the current games. then later on, they release Vol 2 cartridge with a new set of games. and so on.

^ Either way this system should mostly just be a windfall to them. The gaming software exists, and had pretty much paid for itself several times over in some cases. The hardware isn't overly complicated. It comes down to manufacturing costs and setup of a server and website for distribution if they make it USB.

There's plenty of demand built up just look at the knock-off NES' coming out with 500 games. If it starts at $60 for 30 games and you can download their catalogue of 714 games (in the case of the NES) at say $1-$5 a piece they could really have something.

Nintendo yet again half-assing a brilliant idea. In this case limiting the range of games to 20 titles with no expansion. All they needed to do was build in support and have access to an exclusive library. Or, better still, as they already should've done establish a console store where those who don't wish to own a console have access to only the titles on VC.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NEWSSNES Classic hacked to feature over 200 games Today at 3:01 pm

When the SNES Classic first released it was verified that the retro game emulator was using the exact same...Read more

[/FONT]

from thesame place as above below
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NEWSTrademark suggests Nintendo working on Game Boy Classic Edition Yesterday at 2:50 pm

Once the NES Classic was officially discontinued by Nintendo, rumors of the SNES...
Read more

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Lastly[/FONT]

Nintendo Classic Mini Super Famicom Sold 368,913 Units In First Four Days. October 11, 2017 . 12:00am

The Nintendo Classic Mini Super Famicom released in Japan on October 4 and Famitsu reports that the mini-console has sold 368,913 units in four days since its release.

1 comment Read >

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

source: [FONT=&quot]Gamezone
&
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Siliconera[/FONT]

Last edited:
I’m out of town, and staying in a little town overnight, so I went into Wal-Mart to get some food, and they had about 10 SNES Classics. Picked one up. Random.

Yeah, the supply has been much, *much* better. I think its one half Nintendo producing a lot more units, and one half the major retailers putting better restrictions in place to avoid mass buy-ups.

So, for those of us who managed to get one, which games have we managed to beat so far? In my case, I've beaten Donkey Kong Country, Star Fox 1 and 2, and Super Mario Kart and Street Fighter 2 if you count those.

Still hoping I can get one but Nintendo don't want my money. I have not seen or heard of any place having them in stock and there was no way to preorder either. Probly not going to be able to get on just like the NES classic. Gets really old having to play these games with Nintendo because they cant just make enough.

Ain’t seen one of these around yet. Have finally started seeing some switches though.

I'm seeing tons of Switches. Every store I go into, has at least 1-2 on the shelves.

I saw exactly one at the closest Best Buy to me. Nabbed it. Yeah, it doesn't have a huge number of games, but I'm happy with the selection. Of all the games missing I wish it had DKC2 on it.

I saw exactly one at the closest Best Buy to me. Nabbed it. Yeah, it doesn't have a huge number of games, but I'm happy with the selection. Of all the games missing I wish it had DKC2 on it.

That was the most disappointing omission for me. If any sequel made it in, it should have been that one(other than the obvious Mario sequels and spinoffs and Star Fox 2 since that's the special attraction).

Well this will be 3 systems I want, but that apparently Nintendo doesn't need my money based on their supply.

:(

Hope that's just a rumor, cause I don't see Smash.

It is, Nintendo already debunked it. The list of manuals was just the PAL region N64 titles for the Wii-U VC.

And Nintendo totally wants your money. They've already done every reasonable measure they could to make the SNES Classic available: vastly higher supply, regular resupply, better measures on the part of retailers to keep resellers from grabbing everything. They sold almost as many on release day as they did for the NES Classic over its whole sales lifetime. I and many others have seen actual SNES Classics, on shelves, in the wild. What more, exactly, is Nintendo supposed to have done?

If I were Nintendo, I'd do everything I could to work out a deal that would allow the release of the Banjos, Conker, Goldeneye, and Perfect Dark on a N64 mini. It seems almost like sacrilege to have a best-of compilation that doesn't include most of the Rare titles. But I guess lending the rights to games isn't something that happens between competing companies.

The Rare stuff could *maybe* happen, if Nintendo were willing to shell out money to Microsoft. Goldeneye? I can't see it. The Bond license makes it too messy, with too many third parties to persuade/pay off.

Yes. You already can. Its not guaranteed, since its a popular item in high demand, but people actually do walk into stores and find copies in the display case.

Will I ever be able to walk into a store and buy this?

I just bought one today at Walmart, in fact. I found one through Now in Stock: http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendosnesclassicedition/

They have EB Games and Walmart spreadsheets that update themselves and let you know what stores have stock, as well as how many. My store didn't have them in the display case, so I asked one of the guys there, and said they just got some. They keep them behind the counter, out of view. I'd check now, if possible, since I believe there's going to be more incoming stock.

Found one of these in the wild at my local Wal*Mart best part I had a 25 buck gift card I got for Xmas so I paid 60 with tax not to bad, love it so far glad I FINALLY have one and glad I did NOT pay scalper prices.

I have it on mine. :sly:

QGjNoLj8_o.gif

Last edited:
nice but I am happy my only game I wish was on there was mario all stars

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95