• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Superman (2025) Rotten Tomatoes Thread

Yeah I was gonna say I felt critics were too kind to Superman Returns. MoS’s score is pretty much exactly what it deserved imo.

If this is a good movie, I believe its score will reflect it.

It's gonna be pointless because everyone will be focusing on all the Snyder bros review bombing the audience score.

Lol I think we’re all expecting that at this point so that will hardly be cause for alarm. :funny:

Yeah but the real question is how low will it go? I'm thinking 30%.

3ee8ce98-c875-4475-bb99-8a05d3c6a239_text.gif

It's gonna be pointless because everyone will be focusing on all the Snyder bros review bombing the audience score.

A lot has drastically changed the last 10-12 years. Rotten Tomatoes has left their mark, but the impact isn't nearly felt to how badly they controlled the narrative from that boom period. For as many fans that will review bomb, there will be many critics who will also use Gunn's Superman to bash Snyder's take. Both are about guaranteed.

Yeah I was gonna say I felt critics were too kind to Superman Returns. MoS’s score is pretty much exactly what it deserved imo.

If this is a good movie, I believe its score will reflect it.
We'll see how they feel about it. I just feel they will judge things differently if Gunn's style doesn't translate over to Superman. What may work for Rocket Racoon and Peacemaker may not land for Supes. Gunn was known to steer clear from A-Listers like Superman and was hesitant to take on the directing duties before he felt the pressure to do so. Gunn is well liked by many though. I don't see it dipping in the 60's at all unless he really F's up.

Technically, Superman Returns was a well made movie. Givin that Superman wasn't on the big screen for 26 years at that point, I think the consensus surrounding that film was endearing enough to critics with the carry over of the Donnerverse and they were more forgiving. It was just boring AF.

Last edited:
Will they still be around in 2025? At some point people grow up even if accidentally.

I think Gunn's a solid writer and that's where the praise usually starts: good premise, good story, good characters. My main worry is probably shoving too much shared universe too fast... the hint of "excess" is there a little bit, tbh, and that often (Amazing Spidey 2, BVS, Ultron) turns out to be a problem later on. That and Gunn spreading himself too thin with Peacemaker and exec duties, being content with a script that could have still used some work.

Will they still be around in 2025? At some point people grow up even if accidentally.

I think Gunn's a solid writer and that's where the praise usually starts: good premise, good story, good characters. My main worry is probably shoving too much shared universe too fast... the hint of "excess" is there a little bit, tbh, and that often (Amazing Spidey 2, BVS, Ultron) turns out to be a problem later on. That and Gunn spreading himself too thin with Peacemaker and exec duties, being content with a script that could have still used some work.

That's what I am ultimately thinking as well. If there would be any points taken away from Gunn with the critics, it could be because of it being too bloated or too many characters occupying the film. But then again, that's one of Gunn's strengths with character work. It's just going to be uncharted territory all around. That makes it a must see in and of itself.

It's gotta have that first reveal to be as memorable as superman catching Lois and the helicopter in S:TM,
or the scene of superman saving the shuttle and plane in SR.
MOS first flight was great also.
That won't make or break it, but it won't hurt it either.
A proper shirt rip to start it off would be welcome also.
Just concentrate on making it a good film first, the rest will take care of itself.

Man Of Steel 2013 was actually a pretty decent Superman film so I don't know why it gets ragged on so much today but with Superman 2025...if it is a good movie Rotten Tomatoes will find some way to rag on it

I cringed a lot when watching Man of Steel. And those undersaturated colors... I dislike Zack Snyder's taste.
I have never watched it again since the first viewing. I want this new film to be fun that I want to watch it over and over and show my friends, heck I want my friends to think it's as cool as The Batman.

I had through the roof expectations for SR.
I followed the production religiously. Even after the suit reveal I remained optimistic.
I was very disappointed with the final product.

Then MOS was announced. Zack said all the right things, so again my expectations were high. I wasn't AS disappointed in it as I was SR, but still somewhat disappointed.

So Now, I'm keeping my expectations lower.

And I'll be honnest, so far, Gunn hasn't really did anything for me to get excited over.
The suit reveal was a miss for me. ( not terrible but not great either )

The supporting cast is just OK. I would have preferred a couple A listers in some roles. Namely perry and Jonathan and martha.

We need some production shots, and definitely a better shot of the suit, some hints at a villain other than Lex, what's the score gonna be like, etc etc.
Build some excitement man.

Last edited:
I had through the roof expectations for SR.
I followed the production religiously. Even after the suit reveal I remained optimistic.
I was very disappointed with the final product.

Then MOS was announced. Zack said all the right things, so again my expectations were high. I wasn't AS disappointed in it as I was SR, but still somewhat disappointed.

So Now, I'm keeping my expectations lower.

And I'll be honnest, so far, Gunn hasn't really did anything for me to get excited over.
The suit reveal was a miss for me. ( not terrible but not great either )

The supporting cast is just OK. I would have preferred a couple A listers in some roles. Namely perry and Jonathan and martha.

We need some production shots, and definitely a better shot of the suit, some hints at a villain other than Lex, what's the score gonna be like, etc etc.
Build some excitement man.
Were you on the bluetights forum?

I doubt you'll remember but I was Kurvana. Funny enough on the same site was a Croatian dude that though I may have been Croatian because kurva is a slur word in Croat. We ended up becoming friends and made a band called Namrepus.
I do remember. Yup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"