Tenoch Huerta is Namor

So excited to finally get Namor and the visuals they’ve chosen for him take that excitement up another level.

I hope the credits say:

NAMOR WILL RETURN IN AVENGERS: THE KANG DYNASTY.

I do wonder where is his neXt film appearance?

I hope the credits say:

NAMOR WILL RETURN IN AVENGERS: THE KANG DYNASTY.

I do wonder where is his neXt film appearance?
I want him integrated into the wider MCU as soon as possible. Hope he is in both of the announced Avengers films too. Not sure where else he could be showing up yet.

I hope that, after the movie is over, Namor is in a place where he can readily serve as either a protagonist *or* an antagonist in any given future appearance.

Still bummed Evans won't come back

Would love to see an Invaders Disney+ series

I hope that, after the movie is over, Namor is in a place where he can readily serve as either a protagonist *or* an antagonist in any given future appearance.
Fantastic Four
Black Panther 3
Avengers: The Kang Dynasty
Avengers: Secret Wars
Shang-Chi 2

Those are the movies he could appear and it would feel natural. I mentioned Shang-Chi because of the sea creature in the first movie.

Sadly, Namor/Talokan was the weakest part of the movie to me. Having Talokan go to war with Wakanda was badly thought out and makes no sense.

Sadly, Namor/Talokan was the weakest part of the movie to me. Having Talokan go to war with Wakanda was badly thought out and makes no sense.
Marvel Studios should have just given Namor a solo movie even if they can't release it in theaters. They have Disney+.

Namor has made a thunderous entrance into the MCU last night in twitter he was trending with over 25k postings when I went to bed. He appears to be the single most talked about character from the movie. I loved him and what he did in the movie was shocking I wasn't expecting it and it made me sad didn't want that to happen but it packed an emotional punch.

the thing I hated though was the explanation for how they became an under water species. I'm sorry that was just super lame and unoriginal.
I hear a few others struggling with the conflict between Namor and Wakanda that worked well for me and wasn't an issue, again how they all became water people seems problematic.

so I if I do what they did all those thousands of years ago does that mean I'll instantly transform into that species? Weak!! This is my singles strongest complaint about the movie. (Maybe I'll add that to the review thread too since all my comments were positive)

Marvel likely felt they had to change Atlantis and the Atlanteans because of Aquaman.

Marvel likely felt they had to change Atlantis and the Atlanteans because of Aquaman.
Marvel Studios could have used Atlantis even before the first Aquaman movie.

But people would stillshow up if Atlantis/Namor remind them of Aquaman.

Marvel Studios could have used Atlantis even before the first Aquaman movie.

But people would stillshow up if Atlantis/Namor remind them of Aquaman.

Maybe but it feels like they wanted to differentiate this underwater culture.

My complaint isn't that change I'm good with that, love that actually. It's how they became underwater people I'm an X-men guy so that's my specialty not so much Namor so I don't know his peoples origins in the book. But eating something then becoming them is a horrible way-- not going into details so I do t spoil anything. But having it explained so that anyone can do that then *BAM ur a swimmer for life seemed weak.

Can't anyone just become one doing what they did right now-- maybe I missed something and maybe that's comic accurate either way thought it was dumb!

but don't get it twisted I LOVED Namor! He's a highlight!! No complaints with the story just the origin part of it.

Well yes, a lot of what they did with Talokan and Namor was contrived and the whole conflict with Wakanda was equally contrived.

Well yes, a lot of what they did with Talokan and Namor was contrived and the whole conflict with Wakanda was equally contrived.
It's the director's fault here.

I remember he asked Feige to reserve Namor for this film. :dry:

Namor stay trending now with 65k tweets per hour!! Half the internet is thirsting for him, the other half demanding an announcement for his solo movie!! He's definitely a hit with audiences -- think there's no disputing that!

i thought everything about namor, talocan and his people was magnificent. i loved the origin change and loved how they were portrayed.

him floating down to his throne was one of the most bada$$ things in the mcu.

Kukulkan...the Feather Serpent God...I just loved Namor this whole film and seeing his origin in flashback sequences I was intrigued

Namor has made a thunderous entrance into the MCU last night in twitter he was trending with over 25k postings when I went to bed. He appears to be the single most talked about character from the movie. I loved him and what he did in the movie was shocking I wasn't expecting it and it made me sad didn't want that to happen but it packed an emotional punch.

the thing I hated though was the explanation for how they became an under water species. I'm sorry that was just super lame and unoriginal.
I hear a few others struggling with the conflict between Namor and Wakanda that worked well for me and wasn't an issue, again how they all became water people seems problematic.

so I if I do what they did all those thousands of years ago does that mean I'll instantly transform into that species? Weak!! This is my singles strongest complaint about the movie. (Maybe I'll add that to the review thread too since all my comments were positive)

Um. . . what?

Setting aside for a second that this all happened hundreds of years ago, *not* thousands of years ago. How, exactly, is it weird that "vibranium-powered magic plant connected to a god" could be used to create a human subspecies? It was a very direct riff on how the Wakandans create the Black Panther. Sure, they transformed their whole populace rather than one single leader, but it was in answer to different circumstances and a different prayer. And also served a clear function in terms of "This is how the 'Atlanteans' are a threat given their tech deficit vs the Wakandans": the Wakandans have better tech overall, the Tlalokans have baseline superior physical stats.

Um. . . what?

Setting aside for a second that this all happened hundreds of years ago, *not* thousands of years ago. How, exactly, is it weird that "vibranium-powered magic plant connected to a god" could be used to create a human subspecies? It was a very direct riff on how the Wakandans create the Black Panther. Sure, they transformed their whole populace rather than one single leader, but it was in answer to different circumstances and a different prayer. And also served a clear function in terms of "This is how the 'Atlanteans' are a threat given their tech deficit vs the Wakandans": the Wakandans have better tech overall, the Tlalokans have baseline superior physical stats.
U misunderstood. I'm fine if it was implied that the gods made this happen-- I think I missed that!! I really just thought the "did that one thing" then poof the next day they are underwater people. And I thought well if I do that today then poof tomorrow will be an underwater person? That was throwing me off-- just seemed to easy to be one of them and if that's easy we can all just do that one thing and join their civilization. But I guess ur telling me that gods played a role-- I missed that but if that's the case that's better cuz then it's at the discretion of that god so not every can do it. I like that much better--- just missed that connection. Thanks for clearing that up. Tried being vague to avoid major spoilers ...

Will be hard for me to ever like Namor as a character after this movie. He's a sociopath.

I appreciate what Tenoch attempted to do with his reinterpretation of Namor. Unfortunately the MCU version of Namor is vastly different from the comics.

This version of the character comes across way too sympathetic in his objective than that of the arrogant self-centered prick he's known to be in the comics.

He wasn't a villain in this particular sense nor a Anti-hero. He was just a King looking out for the well-being of his people from the world at large.

If Namor is too get a stand-alone film, I'm very interested to see where they take the character and his society.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"