The All-Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 7

LOL they probably removed 3 seconds of a shot, stop the hysteria. Filmmakers edit out little bits for rating all the time

or you know, leave UK, apparently. Strange that UK demanded cut when USA didn't

You're probably right and it'll be a few seconds, I was assuming scene meant something substantial. I'm just a little twitchy over deleted DCEU scene

I don't think the US has the 12A rating, which means anyone under 12 can see the film as long as they're accompanied by an adult.
It was actually brought in because the first Spider-man film was rated 12 and lots of people we're annoyed they couldn't take their kids to see it.

You're probably right and it'll be a few seconds, I was assuming scene meant something substantial. I'm just a little twitchy over deleted DCEU scene

I don't think the US has the 12A rating, which means anyone under 12 can see the film as long as they're accompanied by an adult.
It was actually brought in because the first Spider-man film was rated 12 and lots of people we're annoyed they couldn't take their kids to see it.

The changes before were by the studio, though. This is just small alteration to secure a lower rating.

In the states I dont think it is that implausible though I am not betting on it. The people who are going to see MPR opening weekend for the most part arent the people who would be seeing Aquaman opening weekend. Most of the opening week people (and the Amazon Prime people) are the comic fans and action movie fans. Families will see it en masse later on imho.

I think the Wrap is overshooting mind you but I think Deadline is underselling both Aquaman and Mary Poppins Returns. That seems to be the case most often these days (not always though) as tracking seems to come in lower than the actual numbers. I bet MPR's first week (which is what Deadline discussed) is higher than $70 million and I see Aquaman having better numbers than that as well. It is going to be interesting to see how it is reported when they come out because MPR is opening early so it will have the 5 day as opposed to Aquaman which will have the normal 3 day opening. (if I read right) That could be interesting if the totals become close.

Bumblebee really should have moved. They are losing a ton of money because of it.

In the states I dont think it is that implausible though I am not betting on it. The people who are going to see MPR opening weekend for the most part arent the people who would be seeing Aquaman opening weekend. Most of the opening week people (and the Amazon Prime people) are the comic fans and action movie fans. Families will see it en masse later on imho.

I think the Wrap is overshooting mind you but I think Deadline is underselling both Aquaman and Mary Poppins Returns. That seems to be the case most often these days (not always though) as tracking seems to come in lower than the actual numbers. I bet MPR's first week (which is what Deadline discussed) is higher than $70 million and I see Aquaman having better numbers than that as well. It is going to be interesting to see how it is reported when they come out because MPR is opening early so it will have the 5 day as opposed to Aquaman which will have the normal 3 day opening. (if I read right) That could be interesting if the totals become close.

Bumblebee really should have moved. They are losing a ton of money because of it.
Welp the deadline article just updated!

It's now expected to make 100 million over its christmas weekened:
‘Aquaman’ Eyes $100M Christmas Stretch Haul; ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ $70M+ – Early Tracking

This is the second time in a matter of a couple hours this article has updated and both times the projection has risen for aquaman baby!!! :)

Yowzers. As I said in the BO thread they must have had some incomplete data because this change is rather large. That would be a huge coup for Aquaman.

Welp the deadline article just updated!

It's now expected to make 100 million over its christmas weekened:
‘Aquaman’ Eyes $100M Christmas Stretch Haul; ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ $70M+ – Early Tracking

This is the second time in a matter of a couple hours this article has updated and both times the projection has risen for aquaman baby!!! :)
Wow wee, as we speak.
Still a hard number, want it to happen. Maybe the very recent tracking and insider info are encouraging to reduce the impossibility.
Good reviews and early WOM are the push that it need.

Well, just read comments from this video.

Featuring but not limited too:

"Now look Ive been straight my whole life. And then Jason Momoa happened.
- YouTuber A

"I am a straight male but this guy looks better than all the girls i've seen."
- YouTuber B

"Well.. I didn’t plan on being gay today."
- YouTuber C

""I am a straight male but this guy looks better than all the girls i've seen." OH MY GOD :funny:

WBweBEp.jpg

"Skylar Grey has recorded an original song for the superhero movie Aquaman. The track, entitled Everything I Need, is written by Grey and Elliott Taylor and is featured in the movie directed by James Wan and stars Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Patrick Wilson, Dolph Lundgren, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Nicole Kidman, Ludi Lin and Temuera Morrison. A soundtrack album, which also includes the film’s original score composed by Rupert Gregson-Williams, is set to be released on December 14 by WaterTower Music. Check back on this page for updates. The movie, which tells the origin story of half-human, half-Atlantean Arthur Curry, will debut in theaters nationwide on December 21 by Warner Bros. Pictures"

No idea who this is :D

Also FYC is up lol Aquaman | For Your Consideration

She did a song for Wan's Fast and the Furious movie. That's probably how they know each other.

The visuals look great, I just hope it doesn't look crowded with everything going on.

Wasn't a fan of the underwater scenes in JL, Wan seems to be doing a lot better job.

65 million over 3 Days isn’t that great but we are still over 3 weeks out so no cause for concern.

I’m just hoping it crosses around 700M worldwide when all is said and done. 5 years ago that thought would’ve been crazy for Aquaman since we saw how MOS struggled to get at 670M

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"