The All-New One Universe RPG: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

You should add two more villains, to make the arc "Red Robin vs. Five Guys."

I wanted to put more, some of my other personal favorites, but decided to try and carve out a more precise arc. Otherwise, Condiment King would be the Batfamily's newest recruit.

I'm gonna try to post either tomorrow or Monday.

In terms of general vision, actual motivation to post, post quality and multimedia content, I feel like I hit my peak in the short lived DC Year One game Andy had two years ago. Which sucks because I just realized how long it's been successful these games have had vitality. I was actually really proud of myself for making "Next Chapter" buttons and having a song for every post.

I actually am working on assembling a proper soundtrack for working up my posts with and to accompany each scene.

You guys have any fancy crap you wanna try?

This particular go-round I'm just focusing on telling my Superman and Nightwing stories to completion, but in terms of 'fancy crap,' I've always wanted to do a Joker arc based around Dark Side of the Moon. Which I'll probably do in the next incarnation.

I also do have a vague soundtrack in mind, not for specific scenes, but just for the primary characters and their relationships.

Last edited:
Dark Side of The Moon? Don't think I've read that.

Different question, though: Where do Mark Waid and Grant Morrison rank in your personal hierarchy of Superman writers?

My character themes are pretty well and done, except for Shadowman. I'm approaching the Valiant stuff very carefully (so as to not suck).

Dark Side of The Moon? Don't think I've read that.

That's because it's a Pink Floyd album, not a comic :p

Misfit said:
Different question, though: Where do Mark Waid and Grant Morrison rank in your personal hierarchy of Superman writers?

In terms of one-shot stories, Waid and Morrison both rank really high; I make it a point to read Kingdom Come and All-Star Superman once a year, and I've gone through Birthright more times than I can count. In that sense, I'd say they're both about on par with Bronze-Age Alan Moore.

Unfortunately, I always kinda disappointed with Morrison's run on Action Comics, so in terms of writing long-term character arcs and setting up the character for the future, they rank a good bit lower. Top spot for me would go to Elliot S! Maggin, followed closely by Dan Jurgens.

Misfit said:
My character themes are pretty well and done, except for Shadowman. I'm approaching the Valiant stuff very carefully (so as to not suck).

Don't pressure yourself too much; one of the nice things about the pseudo-'ultimate' nature of this game is that there's really no wrong answer on your approach to the characters, so long as they at least somewhat resemble them.

My personal favorite Superman story has been Kurt Busiek's Secret Identity since the first time I'd ever read it, even though it's not quite in the same ballpark as the regular Superman fare, but I just can't stop adoring it's simplicity and grace. Otherwise, I really liked All-Star Superman, as pretty much everyone in the comic world has. Usually when I intend to read "something" Superman, I veer off into the realm of The Legion of Superheroes.

I do enjoy Busiek's Superman quite a bit. Another guy whose Supes I never thought I'd actually like but ended up really digging? Mark Millar.

I do enjoy Busiek's Superman quite a bit. Another guy whose Supes I never thought I'd actually like but ended up really digging? Mark Millar.

I don't recall reading anything Superman of his in the main continuities, and it's been years since I've read Red Son. I actually think I was something like fourteen, last time around. I'll have to check into that. Any recommended storylines in particular?

#GeoffJohnsBatmanIsTHEBatman

EDIT: Something like eight percent of the players here should be coming up on their first strike.

I don't recall reading anything Superman of his in the main continuities, and it's been years since I've read Red Son. I actually think I was something like fourteen, last time around. I'll have to check into that. Any recommended storylines in particular?

Millar's main-continuity stuff is good, but where he really got to shine was in the 'Superman Adventures' comic that spun off from the DCAU animated series. Particularly the Lex Luthor short "How Much Can One Man Hate?"

Anywho, back to the main topic, gonna have some more Supes and Nightwing up by Friday.

Cap is finally up. It's like half of the post I had originally done, but something is better than nothing.

Spider-Man is in the works and will be up tomorrow. Will hopefully have another post for each up this weekend too.

I had a lot of fun writing this post. Scarecrow is actually one of my favorite Bat-villains, just in case none of you had figured that out over the years. Can't find a good png logo of Red Robin that wasn't broken in some way, so I just owned it and accepted his namesake.

I had a lot of fun writing this post. Scarecrow is actually one of my favorite Bat-villains, just in case none of you had figured that out over the years. Can't find a good png logo of Red Robin that wasn't broken in some way, so I just owned it and accepted his namesake.

Here ya go:

Batman should be back up and running by the weekend, if not before.

Sorry, I know I dropped the ball. I especially feel bad because it felt like I was on a hot streak for those first three posts, and pretty typically of me, I got sidetracked with other things. But you'll hear no excuses from me.

The Dark Knight will rise again... and this time, it'll be without the help of a british dude putting on an old man voice.

Bane_TDKR3.jpg

Last edited:
Just wanted to mention that y'all are kicking ass.

Posts should be up tonight. Spider-Man at the very least will go up.

First day off in a week and I'm gonna write a post.

Okay, sorry. Yesterday ended up with a family engagement that lasted way longer than I expected. I'll have a Cap post up tonight

WVP0ncc.png

Character Application

The ONE UNIVERSE RPG Application

Primary Character: Commander James Bond, 007

Backstory

• July, 1940. The world is at war and British PM Winston Churchill creates the Special Operations Executive. Designed to commit espionage and sabotage behind enemy lines, the SOE are known as the Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare.
  • The SOE serve alongside the Invaders and Howling Commandos during the war. Unlike the other groups, SOE operatives often act alone in their missions. Among their number are aristocrat Lord James Montgomery Falsworth, metahuman Brian Braddock, adventurer Allan Quartermain, and future actor/heavy metal vocalist Christopher Lee.
  • After the Götterdämmerung destroys Nazi Germany, and the Empire of Japan is consumed in atomic fire, World War II ends. The SOE is officially disbanded. What the SOE was is soon reformed into a new, covert operations unit inside the Secret Intelligence Service (MI6) designed to act in the same spirit as the old agency. Single operatives, the best the British Empire has to offer, are dispatched across the world to take part in the secret battles of the Cold War. On paper, it is known by the tame Overseas Development Group. To those in the know, it's the 00 section.
  • The 50's and 60's see the height of the 00 section's covert notoriety. After dismantling the Soviet spy ring SMERSH, operatives cross paths several times with terrorist group SPECTRE, foiling countless world domination plots by leader Ernst Stavro Blofeld. Blofeld would finally die in 1969, killed by a 00 operative.
  • The 70's and 80's saw a lull in operations. Soviet detente and controversies by American intelligence services caused a reduction in the 00 section's budget. This continued into the 90's after the Soviet Union's collapse.
  • 9/11 and 7/7 brought a new enemy to the forefront of the world. Terrorism. Alongside radical religious terrorism, the old terrorist groups HYDRA and SPECTRE began to reemerge. This war with a shadowy enemy would be fought in the shadows. After years on the sidelines, the 00's were back in the game.
  • Commander James Bond, a Royal Navy Intelligence Officer is recruited to join the 00 section in 2014. After a grueling year-long training regiment, he passes with flying colors and is given the codename 007.

List Of Essential NPC's (Vital To Your Story):

"M" Sir Miles Mallory - Head of the 00 section. Bond's boss.
Lieutenant Eve Moneypenny - M's personal assistant.
Q - 00 section's armorer and technical genius.
Major Tara Chace - 006, a skilled army sniper and operative
Captain John Steed - 004, a longtime 00 operative, partnered with 005
Dr. Emma Peel - 005, a longtime 00 operative, partnered with 004
Peter Wisdom - 008, a mutant and the newest 00 operative
Mycroft Holmes - MI6 Intelligence analyst
Professor James Moriarty - Mathematics professor and head of SPECTRE
Sergi Kravenoff - Manhunter, SPECTRE's #4

Please Provide A Short Sample Post Using Characters From Your Intended Storyline (At Least Two Paragraphs And A Single Line Of Dialogue):

Switzerland
0343 Local Time

Baron Wolfgang von Strucker ran across the tarmac towards a waiting chopper. Two heavily armed HYDRA bodyguards ran by his side. Gunfire filled in the air in sharp, staccato bursts. An explosion from somewhere beneath the ground rocked him as he hurried towards his getaway vehicle. Strucker cursed under his breath and ruminated on the events of the last few hours.

A single man.

One man all by himself was responsible for all this chaos. It was mind boggling. If he were like those costumed crazies that lived in America, that would be one thing. But by all reports he was an ordinary man. Armed with a few weapons and gadgets, this man had stormed Strucker's mountainside compound, filled with HYDRA agents and the finest weapons on the market.

He barked orders at the HYDRA goons in German as they climbed into the chopper. A minute later they were airborne, the compound fading away as they flew into the night. Strucker let out a sigh of relief and breathed deeply. From far away he heard another explosion. It was incredibly loud, a very powerful one coming from the compound that by now had to be rubble thanks to that one man.

Strucker's head snapped up when he heard the alerts and alarms coming from the helicopter's console panel. A look of panic flashed on the pilot's face as he read the display.

"Baron, etwas ist auf dem weg zu uns!"

"Was ist es?," Strucker asked with a furrowed brow. "Eine rakete?

Before the pilot could answer, a dark figure rocketed past the chopper and looped back around. The small figure flew towards the helicopter at breakneck pace. The pilot cursed and tried to evade, but the figure easily corrected and tore into the chopper.

Strucker yelled and screamed as the helicopter went into tailspin. Alarms and warnings blared from inside the cockpit. The entire world spun and spun and spun and the ground got closer and closer and closer.

With a sharp thump, the damaged chopper stopped its descent. Strucker looked through the dark at a figure who held the nose of the helicopter in its hands. They wore the same onyx colored suit of armor. It was HYDRA's latest weapon. A rough prototype of the Stark style suit of armor, and their only working design. All the research for the suit had been in the compound that just went up in flames.

"Stark," Strucker hissed.

"Wrong."

The faceplate of the armor opened up. The man inside the protective suit looked at the group of disheveled villains with cold blue eyes and a sardonic smirk.

"It's Bond. James Bond.

For Reference, Post A Picture Of How Your Character's Going To Look:
See above

WVP0ncc.png

Character Application

The ONE UNIVERSE RPG Application

Primary Character: Commander James Bond, 007

Backstory

• July, 1940. The world is at war and British PM Winston Churchill creates the Special Operations Executive. Designed to commit espionage and sabotage behind enemy lines, the SOE are known as the Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare.
  • The SOE serve alongside the Invaders and Howling Commandos during the war. Unlike the other groups, SOE operatives often act alone in their missions. Among their number are aristocrat Lord James Montgomery Falsworth, metahuman Brian Braddock, adventurer Allan Quartermain, and future actor/heavy metal vocalist Christopher Lee.
  • After the Götterdämmerung destroys Nazi Germany, and the Empire of Japan is consumed in atomic fire, World War II ends. The SOE is officially disbanded. What the SOE was is soon reformed into a new, covert operations unit inside the Secret Intelligence Service (MI6) designed to act in the same spirit as the old agency. Single operatives, the best the British Empire has to offer, are dispatched across the world to take part in the secret battles of the Cold War. On paper, it is known by the tame Overseas Development Group. To those in the know, it's the 00 section.
  • The 50's and 60's see the height of the 00 section's covert notoriety. After dismantling the Soviet spy ring SMERSH, operatives cross paths several times with terrorist group SPECTRE, foiling countless world domination plots by leader Ernst Stavro Blofeld. Blofeld would finally die in 1969, killed by a 00 operative.
  • The 70's and 80's saw a lull in operations. Soviet detente and controversies by American intelligence services caused a reduction in the 00 section's budget. This continued into the 90's after the Soviet Union's collapse.
  • 9/11 and 7/7 brought a new enemy to the forefront of the world. Terrorism. Alongside radical religious terrorism, the old terrorist groups HYDRA and SPECTRE began to reemerge. This war with a shadowy enemy would be fought in the shadows. After years on the sidelines, the 00's were back in the game.
  • Commander James Bond, a Royal Navy Intelligence Officer is recruited to join the 00 section in 2014. After a grueling year-long training regiment, he passes with flying colors and is given the codename 007.

List Of Essential NPC's (Vital To Your Story):

"M" Sir Miles Mallory - Head of the 00 section. Bond's boss.
Lieutenant Eve Moneypenny - M's personal assistant.
Q - 00 section's armorer and technical genius.
Major Tara Chace - 006, a skilled army sniper and operative
Captain John Steed - 004, a longtime 00 operative, partnered with 005
Dr. Emma Peel - 005, a longtime 00 operative, partnered with 004
Peter Wisdom - 008, a mutant and the newest 00 operative
Mycroft Holmes - MI6 Intelligence analyst
Professor James Moriarty - Mathematics professor and head of SPECTRE
Sergi Kravenoff - Manhunter, SPECTRE's #4

Please Provide A Short Sample Post Using Characters From Your Intended Storyline (At Least Two Paragraphs And A Single Line Of Dialogue):

Switzerland
0343 Local Time

Baron Wolfgang von Strucker ran across the tarmac towards a waiting chopper. Two heavily armed HYDRA bodyguards ran by his side. Gunfire filled in the air in sharp, staccato bursts. An explosion from somewhere beneath the ground rocked him as he hurried towards his getaway vehicle. Strucker cursed under his breath and ruminated on the events of the last few hours.

A single man.

One man all by himself was responsible for all this chaos. It was mind boggling. If he were like those costumed crazies that lived in America, that would be one thing. But by all reports he was an ordinary man. Armed with a few weapons and gadgets, this man had stormed Strucker's mountainside compound, filled with HYDRA agents and the finest weapons on the market.

He barked orders at the HYDRA goons in German as they climbed into the chopper. A minute later they were airborne, the compound fading away as they flew into the night. Strucker let out a sigh of relief and breathed deeply. From far away he heard another explosion. It was incredibly loud, a very powerful one coming from the compound that by now had to be rubble thanks to that one man.

Strucker's head snapped up when he heard the alerts and alarms coming from the helicopter's console panel. A look of panic flashed on the pilot's face as he read the display.

"Baron, etwas ist auf dem weg zu uns!"

"Was ist es?," Strucker asked with a furrowed brow. "Eine rakete?

Before the pilot could answer, a dark figure rocketed past the chopper and looped back around. The small figure flew towards the helicopter at breakneck pace. The pilot cursed and tried to evade, but the figure easily corrected and tore into the chopper.

Strucker yelled and screamed as the helicopter went into tailspin. Alarms and warnings blared from inside the cockpit. The entire world spun and spun and spun and the ground got closer and closer and closer.

With a sharp thump, the damaged chopper stopped its descent. Strucker looked through the dark at a figure who held the nose of the helicopter in its hands. They wore the same onyx colored suit of armor. It was HYDRA's latest weapon. A rough prototype of the Stark style suit of armor, and their only working design. All the research for the suit had been in the compound that just went up in flames.

"Stark," Strucker hissed.

"Wrong."

The faceplate of the armor opened up. The man inside the protective suit looked at the group of disheveled villains with cold blue eyes and a sardonic smirk.

"It's Bond. James Bond.

For Reference, Post A Picture Of How Your Character's Going To Look:
See above

tumblr_mdaolf4oq31qhx2lv.jpg

I'm dropping Spidey but have something else percolating. Just need to see if I can form it into anything substantial

I am considering picking up Spider-Man (since Carnage dropped him). How much of Carnage's concept must I keep? I almost have my application complete, but I just wanted to find out how much canon must I follow.

I'm going to stick with the post-teenage/pre-marriage Spider-Man (along with MJ being the love interest). My concept can account for Miles Morales and the Teen Titans if it is necessary for me to keep them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"