The All-New One Universe RPG: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Additional to Bond, One mo' 'gin.

The ONE UNIVERSE RPG Application

Primary Character: Detective Chimp

List Of Essential NPC's (Vital To Your Story):

Effie Peters - Detective Chimp's secretary/Girl Friday

Effie assists Bobo through his cases during the day while she attends law school at night

Jake Lonnegan - Short-con grifter operating in Opal City

Jake is a long-time pro in the Opal City area and acts as an informant and occasional helper for Bobo when the job calls for it.

Sgt. Florence Marlowe - Squad Sergeant, Opal City PD

Sgt. Marlowe is a squad supervisor in OCPD's Major Crimes Squad and works/competes with Bobo on cases.

Anthony Di Pasqua - Opal City Mob Boss

One of the last of the old school mob bosses in America, Di Pasqua acts as antagonist and sometimes uneasy ally to Bobo and Effie

David Fitzwaller - Criminal Lawyer and Ambulance Chaser

Fitzwaller is a partner in the legal firm of Fitzwaller, Fitzwaller, Fitzwaller, Fitzwaller, and York. He sometimes employs Bobo and Effie as private investigators on his cases.

Your Main Storyline's Premise:

Detective Chimp solves crimes and tries to reconcile with living in a world he doesn't really belong.

Why Are You Applying For This Character?:
To have fun?

Please Provide A Short Sample Post Using Characters From Your Intended Storyline (At Least Two Paragraphs And A Single Line Of Dialogue):

Bobo T. Chimpanzee, better known to the world at large as Detective Chimp and DC to his friends, ignored the onlookers gawking at the chimp riding on the elevator. He wasn't ignoring them per say. He'd become used to the strange looks and uncomfortable questions after twenty plus years as a hyper-intelligence chimpanzee. That was why he had earbuds rooted firmly in his head and blasting Elvis Costello and holding a pair of index cards. One read "YES, I AM A TALKING CHIMPANZEE. DO NOT SPEAK TO ME UNLESS SPOKEN TO" while the other read "FUN FACT: CHIMP'S ARE 4X STRONGER THAN HUMANS, EVEN TALKING ONES."

His anti-social behavior was due to the fact that he was alone this morning. Normally, Effie acted as a perfect gatekeeper when it came to the obnoxious looks and questions that followed him everywhere. She was able to keep DC from actually having to talk to these people and explain himself, like in this world were people flew and bent steel beams with their minds the talking chimp was the real freak. DC was the first out the elevator when it opened up on the twelfth floor. He tucked the index cards into his jacket, along with the earbuds and his phone, and strolled past the receptionist before she could get the second Fitzwaller out of her mouth.

"'Fitzwaller and Associates,'," DC said as he walked into the corner office of David Fitzwaller. "That took two seconds to say, as opposed to the sixteen seconds it takes to get out 'Law Offices of Fitzwaller, Fitzwaller, Fitzwaller, Fitzwaller, & York.'"

"Tell that to my brothers and sisters," Fitzwaller said as he stood up, reaching across the desk to shake DC's hand. "My sister wanted to take her husband's last name, which would have made it 'Fitzwaller, York & Associates' and the rest of us didn't want to be just associates and Peggy doesn't want to go back to Fitzwaller so here we are."

"Here we are," DC nodded. "Which is where?"

"Where's that pretty little sidekick of yours?" Fitzwaller asked with a raised eyebrow.

"She's got class, unlike you."

"I'm wounded, DC. I'm the classiest guy I know."

DC's eyes darted around the room filled with cheesy advertisements of Fitzwaller's personal injury business. "Fitzwaller $how$ You Dollar$!" was written in green underneath Fitzwaller's face. Dollar signs were placed in his eyes.

"Yeah... classy. What's this about, Dave?"

"This right here."

Fitzwaller passed DC a manilla folder. He flipped it open and saw the mugshot of a young black man. Beneath the photo was a series of legal documents and police reports. An arrest report identified him as Kenneth Boyd, twenty-five years old, from the eastside of Opal City. The back sheets of paper showed Boyd's criminal history. There were three total pages, mostly drug charges but a few assaults with a deadly weapon and one attempted murder... back when he was fourteen.

"Nice guy," DC said after closing the file. "You trying to set me up, Dave? This guy needs a little more hair before I even consider it."

"Didn't know you were a necrophiliac, DC. Young Mr. Boyd here died early this morning."

"What's your interest in it?"

"Fitzwaller, Fitzwaller, and... everyone else were representing Mr. Boyd. He was arrested recently for, what else, drug dealing, and he was out on bail awaiting trial. It's not good business for our clients to get murdered and--"

"Knowing the OCPD like I do, they're going to soft ball this one," said DC. "A drug dealer dies and nobody really gives a $&*# about it."

Fitzwaller shrugged before nodding. "That's the long and short of it. Interested? We'll pay you well, DC, you know we always do."

DC stared at the photo of Boyd. Was he a scumbag? No doubt about that at all. But did that mean he deserved to die? DC drummed his fingers on the desk and finally nodded.

"I'll see what I can do."

For Reference, Post A Picture Of How Your Character's Going To Look:

bLeARsp.jpg

Primary Character: Peter Benjamin Parker a.k.a. the Amazing Spider-Man

List Of Essential NPC's:

Allies:
-Mary Jane Watson: Peter’s girlfriend and confidant.

Neutral:
-The Egyptian Gods: Extra-dimensional beings (similar to the Asgardians and the Olympians) who were considered as being divine long ago.

Antagonists:
-Philip Watson: Divorced Father of Mary Jane Watson and ex-professor of literature. Has colluded with Doctor Foster to sell an ancient Egyptian ring to Queen Bee.

-Doctor Foster: Professor of Egyptology and an archaeologist. Has colluded with Philip Watson to sell an ancient Egyptian ring to Queen Bee.

-Queen Bee (Beatriz): Queen of Bialya. Hired Philip Watson and Doctor Foster to sneak out an artifact from Egypt.

-Scorpion: Spider-Man villain.

-Shocker: Spider-Man villain.

List Of Non-Essential NPC's:

Allies:
-Spider-Man’s Allies

Foes:
-Spider-Man’s Rogues Gallery: Peter has a long list of enemies (some of which overlap with other Marvel characters). There is no way I could incorporate every single one into a single story arc. Please check above list for any Spider-Man villains I plan on using.

During the 13th century BCE, the Egyptian gods bestowed a mystical ring that was forged by Ptah and enchanted by Thoth upon Ramesses II. This magical ring was able to control arthropods and grant the wearer with superhuman powers related to said arthropods. However, as a precaution against unauthorized usage of the ring, Thoth included a curse that would transform the appearance of anyone other than the pharaoh who would use the ring to mirror the arthropod whose power the wearer is channeling. For centuries, this ring was lost to time, until it was recently uncovered in the modern age.

Beatriz, the Queen of Bialya, has heard of the legends about this mystical ring and wishes to have it in her possession. Since her regime has a strained relationship with the Republic of Egypt, Queen Bee could not count on Egypt giving her the right to excavate for the artifact with the intent of taking it back to her own country. Instead, she hired two Americans, Doctors Foster and Watson, to excavate for her and steal the artifact. Now stateside, Philip Watson forces his eldest daughter, Gayle, to hold onto the ring until they can complete the transaction with Queen Bee. Spooked by some news reports about the stolen ring, Gayle prematurely gifts the ring to her sister, MJ, while lying that it is just a glamorous ring instead of an ancient relic.

What trouble will this simple mistake bring upon Peter Parker? Will this ring provide an opportunity to MJ to experience the world Peter has been exposed to for years?

Read the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN to find out!

First of all, Spider-Man is hands down my favorite superhero of all time. My passion for the character since I started to like the character during my childhood makes it enjoyable for me to write about the character and my expansive knowledge of his history (both by reading the comics and wiki-binging) allows me to pull elements from past stories while inventing something new.

Secondly, I really like the concept of the Silver-Age Insect Queen (the one who uses the ring to transform into a half-human/half-arthropod). However, I am not quite as knowledgeable about Superman (and Lana Lang) as I am with Spider-Man, which I fear would hinder my ability to write the character(s). I am just fortunate enough that the Amalgam imprint introduced the idea of MJ being the Insect Queen. Which leads me to my third and final point.

Finally, I have actually tried this idea out once before on another forum. I was not particularly satisfied with my implementation of the idea, especially how MJ came into possession of the ancient Egyptian ring. However, I believe I have a better concept this time around.

Sample Post:

Right when Peter had finished tidying his apartment, he heard several knocks at his door. Since he was in the privacy of his own home, Peter used his arachnid agility to leap over his couch to answer the door promptly. When he opened the door, Peter found his girlfriend, Mary Jane, standing in the doorway. She had one hand planted on her hip, while the other was holding up a bag of Chinese take-out at eye level.

“I’ve brought the chow, Tiger,” MJ said as she let her inside Peter’s apartment. “I hope you got the venue ready.”

“When am I not prepared,” Peter reassured MJ while he took the Chinese food out of her hand and began unloading it in his kitchen. “The couch has been swept, the coffee table has been cleared of clutter, and the DVR is chock-full of recorded TV shows and movies. I cannot lie. That machine has single handedly saved me countless times from missing my favorite programs whenever a supervillain inconveniently does something stupid.”

MJ just rolled her eyes at Peter’s comment about his DVR as she spooned some fried rice, lo mein, and chicken onto her plate. While she was putting her food on her plate, Peter noticed that she was wearing a golden ring that had Egyptian symbols and hieroglyphs inscribed into it.

“So, who’s the lucky man?” Peter asked with a grin on his face. “Am I going have to go and beat someone up?”

“No, silly.” MJ shook her head and rolled her eyes at Peter before taking her plate and sitting down on the couch. “It was a gift from my sister that I just got today.”

“Oh, I didn’t know you were into that type of relationship.” Peter said with a laugh as he finished making his plate and began to walk over toward the couch.

“Peter!”

“I kid! I kid!”

5867828-0678941857-Bagle.jpg

Character:
Kara-El AKA Supergirl

List of Essential NPCs:
Emil Hamilton
Nasthalthia Luthor

List of Non-Essential NPCs:
Amadeus Cho
Cat Grant
Conner Kent
Kimiyo Hoshi
Kristen Wells
Matrix
Michael Henderson
Natasha Irons
'Power Girl'
Richard “Dick” Malverne
Valerie Myles
Wanda Five

Like I mentioned below, I never really get to tell my Kara stories and after discussing the possibility of Kara’s conflictions at a Metropolis Private School funded by Lex Luthor I think this could be a fine medium to develop these plots. However, I also want to RP as I go along which includes piggybacking on Superman plots and coming up with “problem of the week” issues for Kara to solve while the tension of the world builds.

I’ve wanted to work out the Supergirl stories I have had in my head for a few years now, but either I’m the unluckiest jerk around or I’ve just had bad timing. Whichever the case may be, I think this could be the best option to start her off without stepping on any of the toes of the prospective Superman player because at the end of the day Kara-El is one of my favorite characters in comic books.

In this version of Supergirl, I’ve looked back at my unfinished concepts from previous roleplays and transplanted them to a world that would probably make an interesting foil to the strong-willed, independent, and pragmatic interpretation of Kara’s character. Kara is still getting her feet wet as a superhero -- she’s only worn the cape for a little over a year, and a lot of responsibility is being pushed down on her from the superhero community, the friction with the government, and her civilian responsibilities as well. So essentially this is still a very “green” Supergirl; she doesn’t have the experience her peers have and as a result, hasn’t developed very much of a rogues gallery. The stories I’ve yet to write down are not exclusively superhero contests and I would like to represent more of the perspective of teenage adolescence, so it is by that measure I want to have Kara interact in her school setting with her friends and the mentality of wondering how far she can trust them with the identity she is keeping from them.

Please Provide A Short Sample Post Using Characters From Your Intended Storyline (At Least Two Paragraphs And A Single Line Of Dialogue):
TBD
llYsmfO.png

Last edited:

Primary Character: Peter Benjamin Parker a.k.a. the Amazing Spider-Man

List Of Essential NPC's:

Allies:
-Mary Jane Watson: Peter’s girlfriend and confidant.

Neutral:
-The Egyptian Gods: Extra-dimensional beings (similar to the Asgardians and the Olympians) who were considered as being divine long ago.

Antagonists:
-Philip Watson: Divorced Father of Mary Jane Watson and ex-professor of literature. Has colluded with Doctor Foster to sell an ancient Egyptian ring to Queen Bee.

-Doctor Foster: Professor of Egyptology and an archaeologist. Has colluded with Philip Watson to sell an ancient Egyptian ring to Queen Bee.

-Queen Bee (Beatriz): Queen of Bialya. Hired Philip Watson and Doctor Foster to sneak out an artifact from Egypt.

-Scorpion: Spider-Man villain.

-Shocker: Spider-Man villain.

List Of Non-Essential NPC's:

Allies:
-Spider-Man’s Allies

Foes:
-Spider-Man’s Rogues Gallery: Peter has a long list of enemies (some of which overlap with other Marvel characters). There is no way I could incorporate every single one into a single story arc. Please check above list for any Spider-Man villains I plan on using.

During the 13th century BCE, the Egyptian gods bestowed a mystical ring that was forged by Ptah and enchanted by Thoth upon Ramesses II. This magical ring was able to control arthropods and grant the wearer with superhuman powers related to said arthropods. However, as a precaution against unauthorized usage of the ring, Thoth included a curse that would transform the appearance of anyone other than the pharaoh who would use the ring to mirror the arthropod whose power the wearer is channeling. For centuries, this ring was lost to time, until it was recently uncovered in the modern age.

Beatriz, the Queen of Bialya, has heard of the legends about this mystical ring and wishes to have it in her possession. Since her regime has a strained relationship with the Republic of Egypt, Queen Bee could not count on Egypt giving her the right to excavate for the artifact with the intent of taking it back to her own country. Instead, she hired two Americans, Doctors Foster and Watson, to excavate for her and steal the artifact. Now stateside, Philip Watson forces his eldest daughter, Gayle, to hold onto the ring until they can complete the transaction with Queen Bee. Spooked by some news reports about the stolen ring, Gayle prematurely gifts the ring to her sister, MJ, while lying that it is just a glamorous ring instead of an ancient relic.

What trouble will this simple mistake bring upon Peter Parker? Will this ring provide an opportunity to MJ to experience the world Peter has been exposed to for years?

Read the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN to find out!

First of all, Spider-Man is hands down my favorite superhero of all time. My passion for the character since I started to like the character during my childhood makes it enjoyable for me to write about the character and my expansive knowledge of his history (both by reading the comics and wiki-binging) allows me to pull elements from past stories while inventing something new.

Secondly, I really like the concept of the Silver-Age Insect Queen (the one who uses the ring to transform into a half-human/half-arthropod). However, I am not quite as knowledgeable about Superman (and Lana Lang) as I am with Spider-Man, which I fear would hinder my ability to write the character(s). I am just fortunate enough that the Amalgam imprint introduced the idea of MJ being the Insect Queen. Which leads me to my third and final point.

Finally, I have actually tried this idea out once before on another forum. I was not particularly satisfied with my implementation of the idea, especially how MJ came into possession of the ancient Egyptian ring. However, I believe I have a better concept this time around.

Sample Post:

Right when Peter had finished tidying his apartment, he heard several knocks at his door. Since he was in the privacy of his own home, Peter used his arachnid agility to leap over his couch to answer the door promptly. When he opened the door, Peter found his girlfriend, Mary Jane, standing in the doorway. She had one hand planted on her hip, while the other was holding up a bag of Chinese take-out at eye level.

“I’ve brought the chow, Tiger,” MJ said as she let her inside Peter’s apartment. “I hope you got the venue ready.”

“When am I not prepared,” Peter reassured MJ while he took the Chinese food out of her hand and began unloading it in his kitchen. “The couch has been swept, the coffee table has been cleared of clutter, and the DVR is chock-full of recorded TV shows and movies. I cannot lie. That machine has single handedly saved me countless times from missing my favorite programs whenever a supervillain inconveniently does something stupid.”

MJ just rolled her eyes at Peter’s comment about his DVR as she spooned some fried rice, lo mein, and chicken onto her plate. While she was putting her food on her plate, Peter noticed that she was wearing a golden ring that had Egyptian symbols and hieroglyphs inscribed into it.

“So, who’s the lucky man?” Peter asked with a grin on his face. “Am I going have to go and beat someone up?”

“No, silly.” MJ shook her head and rolled her eyes at Peter before taking her plate and sitting down on the couch. “It was a gift from my sister that I just got today.”

“Oh, I didn’t know you were into that type of relationship.” Peter said with a laugh as he finished making his plate and began to walk over toward the couch.

“Peter!”

“I kid! I kid!”

5867828-0678941857-Bagle.jpg

tumblr_mdaolf4oq31qhx2lv.jpg

For both you and Byrd's Detective Chimp app.

And with that, I think that it's time that I bow out as a player. I haven't been particularly active in the last two months, my drive to tell the story I was gonna tell with Batman died down quite considerably, and I missed the window I even gave myself to earn him back. I was going to relent in announcing it until I could offer it to a replacement, but hell, it wouldn't be exactly fair of me to hog up something I really technically lost a long time ago. So, I'm making it formally official: Batman is now up for grabs.

I'll probably apply for another character at some point down the line, maybe even in the near future, but I'm not in the headspace for it now. As it stands, I'll still be around to judge applications and approve stuff. But my time as The Caped Crusader is probably done for a good long while.

That said, Carnage, feel free to utilize Batman for your storyline while there's still a gap between players. Given the circumstances of it, I'm sure the next Bruce won't mind.

Aw, that's a shame Bats. Ever since you moved UDC to RPG (for a short time) I've always thought reading your interpretations of Bruce Wayne as thought-provoking and entertaining. I hope one day you can find the energy to finish the stories you want to tell. If you feel it appropriate, for my second POV I might try to continue on the Batman Legacy. In fact, I think that is what I find myself inspired to do given this sudden news. This could be fun to continue and interpret another writer's work. With that said, should the time come I would be glad to pass the reins on should Batman (the player) desire to carry on.

Anyhow, here's the CS.

Character:
Bruce Wayne AKA The Batman

List of Essential NPCs:
Lazarus

Alfred Pennyworth
Antonio Diego
Damian al Ghul / Damian Wayne
Lucius Fox
James Gordon
Julia Pennyworth
Katherine Webb
Maxwell Lord
Nyssa al Ghul
Sasha Bordeaux
Victoria Vale
and pretty much everyone in Gotham City

I would like to keep going with the ‘Lazarus’ plot to carry on the continuity in the best way I can, but after that it’ll carry on and I’ll utilize ideas I’ve never got to run through before like the return of Azrael, a string of murders that leads to a supernatural situation in Gotham, more League of Assassins shenanigans, and the passing of Alfred to name a few.

Try to do Batman justice. Keyword: Try.

With that in mind, in the nature of this universe what I have in mind is whilst continuing what Batman (the player) started, is a mixed interpretation of my last few previous attempts. Ultimately, I just want a reason to stay active and as a principal character I can be focused and involved with that pretty much will allow me to do so. Worst case, Andy will smack me around.

It has almost been nearly sixteen years since I started this mission I have sworn myself to. So why is it that I feel like I’ve accomplished so little here in Gotham?

My crusade against the shadow of darkness in the city feels hollow as I can recount every victory of mine and answer with an equally dangerous consequence of said victory. Sure, I dismantled Carmine Falcone’s hold over Gotham, but was it worth opening a criminal vacuum that only brought more dangerous replacements in that absence of Falcone’s order? Dismantling that empire of his only left an open door in the criminal underworld and it was such a door that people eagerly approached; for Falcone’s incarceration he was replaced by people like Zucco, Mandragora, Dimitriov, and Valestra. These people were far more violent and public about their methods— this much I know as I can still recall the blatant murder of Franco Bertinelli by a Mandragora assassin, and I remember when Zucco disrupted the truce of the crime families of Gotham and descended the streets into a mob war that took too many lives even with my interception.

Then came waves of psychopaths criminal masterminds like The Penguin and The Scarecrow; the former still eluding my justice to this day. But worst of all, my appearance… this mythlore associated with my vigilante identity has gone on to either inspire or entertain the likes of psychopaths like The Joker, Killer Moth, and countless others which brings me to only question if I’m doing more harm to Gotham rather than a ripple of positive change. If I am to blame for these psychopaths, how do I go out there and look the citizens of Gotham and not blink in a fit of moral dilemma? What if I’m not the cure I thought I was, but a much harsher disease?

If I am not the cure I thought I was… the damage is already done and all I can do is serve who I can before what I created engulfs Gotham in a never ending flame of destruction… perhaps this is what Tarantula meant years ago when he told me about the greatest curse that superheroes & vigilantes have that they can never escape from.

“Information compiled.”

The words flicker on one of the sub-monitors of the batcomputer. The development of Brother Eye has progressed to the next stage.

It’ll take some time, but I have a very valid and finished blueprint to present to the Justice League – it will, of course, take some time convincing them we need to keep track of our enemies through whatever means neccesary, but with the help of some consultation by Lucius Fox, I think I have what we need to keep a better look at world crisises.

There is, of course, still much to do with the project such as upgrading Brother Eye’s artificial intelligence so it can be of better use outside of a glorified traffic observation system for Gotham City. The one person I’ve shared in information about this ‘lookout project’ is Alfred, but he’s not sure what to make of it; probably due to the fact that he is from another era entirely where all of this seems like science fiction to him. But given the invasions of aliens, the growth of criminal presence, and the ingenuity of people like Lex Luthor… we need to have a back-up plan in place and we need security that can handle the issue. I also think it’s about time we do light expansion of our membership of the Justice League as I doubt we can juggle everything too long even with initiatives like The Avengers out there protecting the public; but how long will it be until SHIELD declares us a threat and this supposed metahuman arms race endangers us all? How long until they try to divide us? It's a matter I know I need to talk to Clark about, especially considering the big blue boy scout is supposed to be our fearless leader, yet everyone on the league leans on me for matters that aren’t punching things at mach ten.

I can hear the clapping of footsteps in the batcave, the sounds is familiar and easily recognizable. My fingers don’t leave the keyboard as I speak out.

“Alfred.”

“It appears that you have been invited to New York City by Maxwell Lord for an attendance this weekend.”

I’m not a fan of the glib man-child. My eyes narrow as I scroll through some information about The Cathedral Murders case.

“Not interested.”

“You will be.”

I pause, brow raised. I will be? He has my attention. There’s only a small number of things that could get me out to New York City on supposedly short notice, and to think this could be an occasion that overrules the importance of my work in Gotham is at least interesting.

“I’m listening.”

A sly chuckle leaves Alfred as he stands next to me, looking up at the computer monitor.

“The attendance is for a charity occasion due to the insurance spike of superhero-related incidents in residential areas. I believe he has basically so gregariously implied that you, Luthor, Queen, and others as cowards if you do not attend; not that you care about that segment. Perhaps you will be more interested about this—”

Alfred tosses down a photograph of a familiar face that I instantly recognize—one of the men who trained me, and a deranged psychopath who serves Ra’s al Ghul. His name is Antonio Diego. But I know him more personally as the assassin known as Bane.

“—this was taken by one of my contacts who I tasked with keeping an eye on any appearances of your POI dossiers from your files. It was one of your requests after the previous incident.”

I haven’t heard of activity about the League of Assassins in a few years… they have been disturbingly quiet. This is very important, considering the last time they appeared… almost cost several people their lives at a near-riot at Robinson Park and before that they tried to poison and sabotage Gotham’s infrastructure. Despite New York City not being my interest or my problem, there is one thing I know.

The League of Assassins is my responsibility.
HCuZeXS.png

Last edited:
That's sad to hear, Batman. I hope you can muster up your writing muse in the near future!

I also will try to get a Spider-Man post up tomorrow. I have been reading through the IC the past few days (I mean, it is only 2 pages). Really good stuff so far.

That said, Carnage, feel free to utilize Batman for your storyline while there's still a gap between players. Given the circumstances of it, I'm sure the next Bruce won't mind.

Gowi, I'll be PMing you about this.

Aw, that's a shame Bats. Ever since you moved UDC to RPG (for a short time) I've always thought reading your interpretations of Bruce Wayne as thought-provoking and entertaining. I hope one day you can find the energy to finish the stories you want to tell. If you feel it appropriate, for my second POV I might try to continue on the Batman Legacy. In fact, I think that is what I find myself inspired to do given this sudden news. This could be fun to continue and interpret another writer's work. With that said, should the time come I would be glad to pass the reins on should Batman (the player) desire to carry on.

Anyhow, here's the CS.

Character:
Bruce Wayne AKA The Batman

List of Essential NPCs:
Alfred Pennyworth
Antonio Diego
Damian al Ghul
Lazarus
Maxwell Lord
Victoria Vale

Lucius Fox
James Gordon
Julia Pennyworth
Katherine Webb
Sasha Bordeaux
and pretty much everyone in Gotham City

I would like to keep going with the ‘Lazarus’ plot to carry on the continuity in the best way I can, but after that it’ll carry on and I’ll utilize ideas I’ve never got to run through before like the return of Azrael, a string of murders that leads to a supernatural situation in Gotham, more League of Assassins shenanigans, and the passing of Alfred to name a few.

Try to do Batman justice. Keyword: Try.

With that in mind, in the nature of this universe what I have in mind is whilst continuing what Batman (the player) started, is a mixed interpretation of my last few previous attempts. Ultimately, I just want a reason to stay active and as a principal character I can be focused and involved with that pretty much will allow me to do so. Worst case, Andy will smack me around.

It has almost been nearly sixteen years since I started this mission I have sworn myself to. So why is it that I feel like I’ve accomplished so little here in Gotham?

My crusade against the shadow of darkness in the city feels hollow as I can recount every victory of mine and answer with an equally dangerous consequence of said victory. Sure, I dismantled Carmine Falcone’s hold over Gotham, but was it worth opening a criminal vacuum that only brought more dangerous replacements in that absence of Falcone’s order? Dismantling that empire of his only left an open door in the criminal underworld and it was such a door that people eagerly approached; for Falcone’s incarceration he was replaced by people like Zucco, Mandragora, Dimitriov, and Valestra. These people were far more violent and public about their methods— this much I know as I can still recall the blatant murder of Franco Bertinelli by a Mandragora assassin, and I remember when Zucco disrupted the truce of the crime families of Gotham and descended the streets into a mob war that took too many lives even with my interception.

Then came waves of psychopaths criminal masterminds like The Penguin and The Scarecrow; the former still eluding my justice to this day. But worst of all, my appearance… this mythlore associated with my vigilante identity has gone on to either inspire or entertain the likes of psychopaths like The Joker, Killer Moth, and countless others which brings me to only question if I’m doing more harm to Gotham rather than a ripple of positive change. If I am to blame for these psychopaths, how do I go out there and look the citizens of Gotham and not blink in a fit of moral dilemma? What if I’m not the cure I thought I was, but a much harsher disease?

If I am not the cure I thought I was… the damage is already done and all I can do is serve who I can before what I created engulfs Gotham in a never ending flame of destruction… perhaps this is what Tarantula meant years ago when he told me about the greatest curse that superheroes & vigilantes have that they can never escape from.

“Information compiled.”

The words flicker on one of the sub-monitors of the batcomputer. The development of Brother Eye has progressed to the next stage.

It’ll take some time, but I have a very valid and finished blueprint to present to the Justice League – it will, of course, take some time convincing them we need to keep track of our enemies through whatever means neccesary, but with the help of some consultation by Lucius Fox, I think I have what we need to keep a better look at world crisises.

There is, of course, still much to do with the project such as upgrading Brother Eye’s artificial intelligence so it can be of better use outside of a glorified traffic observation system for Gotham City. The one person I’ve shared in information about this ‘lookout project’ is Alfred, but he’s not sure what to make of it; probably due to the fact that he is from another era entirely where all of this seems like science fiction to him. But given the invasions of aliens, the growth of criminal presence, and the ingenuity of people like Lex Luthor… we need to have a back-up plan in place and we need security that can handle the issue. I also think it’s about time we do light expansion of our membership of the Justice League as I doubt we can juggle everything too long even with initiatives like The Avengers out there protecting the public; but how long will it be until SHIELD declares us a threat and this supposed metahuman arms race endangers us all? How long until they try to divide us? It's a matter I know I need to talk to Clark about, especially considering the big blue boy scout is supposed to be our fearless leader, yet everyone on the league leans on me for matters that aren’t punching things at mach ten.

I can hear the clapping of footsteps in the batcave, the sounds is familiar and easily recognizable. My fingers don’t leave the keyboard as I speak out.

“Alfred.”

“It appears that you have been invited to New York City by Maxwell Lord for an attendance this weekend.”

I’m not a fan of the glib man-child. My eyes narrow as I scroll through some information about The Cathedral Murders case.

“Not interested.”

“You will be.”

I pause, brow raised. I will be? He has my attention. There’s only a small number of things that could get me out to New York City on supposedly short notice, and to think this could be an occasion that overrules the importance of my work in Gotham is at least interesting.

“I’m listening.”

A sly chuckle leaves Alfred as he stands next to me, looking up at the computer monitor.

“The attendance is for a charity occasion due to the insurance spike of superhero-related incidents in residential areas. I believe he has basically so gregariously implied that you, Luthor, Queen, and others as cowards if you do not attend; not that you care about that segment. Perhaps you will be more interested about this—”

Alfred tosses down a photograph of a familiar face that I instantly recognize—one of the men who trained me, and a deranged psychopath who serves Ra’s al Ghul. His name is Antonio Diego. But I know him more personally as the assassin known as Bane.

“—this was taken by one of my contacts who I tasked with keeping an eye on any appearances of your POI dossiers from your files. It was one of your requests after the previous incident.”

I haven’t heard of activity about the League of Assassins in a few years… they have been disturbingly quiet. This is very important, considering the last time they appeared… almost cost several people their lives at a near-riot at Robinson Park and before that they tried to poison and sabotage Gotham’s infrastructure. Despite New York City not being my interest or my problem, there is one thing I know.

The League of Assassins is my responsibility.
HCuZeXS.png

The cowl's in good hands.

tumblr_mdaolf4oq31qhx2lv.jpg

Also, do feel free to do what you wish as far as Lazarus and his identity is concerned. While I'm not continuing that storyline in this game, it is something I might pick up later on down the road, so I leave you with as much creative license to interpret what I left there as you need.

I mean, if you want to throw some Lazarus notes to my PM box (like what evidence he left behind, for example), I might see about incorporating what I can.

Last edited:
Working on a post now, but it is apparently five in the morning so it may have to wait. At some point, once that is done I will have to write a sample for Kara and get on with it.

EDIT: Evidently, I can't sleep. This is going to be a rough day. Hopefully it can be a creative one as well.

Last edited:
Great posts, Byrd and Ded. Looking forward to the next chapters.

Work was a bit more busy today than I was expecting. Cap post will be up tomorrow

I've outlined a few of my Batman posts in advance, it's just about flowing them together. Bit different than MB's design, but I think I could make my take on things interesting all the same. Maybe a post will be done in a few hours -- hoping to do so, at any rate.

Edit:
I'm actually going to withdraw this application. Looking back on it, no one's really reinvented a concept to this degree and so I don't think it matches with the theme of the rest of the RPG.

I'll develop some new ideas and post up a different application once I have something solid.

Last edited:
Well, I look forward to what you have in mind.

Last edited:
Going to post my WIP here, I'll let you know when it's ready for review. Figure it'll be a bit easier to work on here than in PMs.
~ ~ ~

THE ONE UNIVERSE RPG APPLICATION

IXuUWbR.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Waves are but water. Wind but air. And though lightning be fire...still it must answer thunder's call. "

hMpKcrI.jpg

THOR ODISON ♦ IMMORTAL ♦ MALE ♦ HEROIC

___STORYLINE PREMISE_________________________________________________________________
♦ Plot A:
♦ Plot B:
♦ Plot C:
♦ Plot D:
___ESSENTIAL NPCS____________________________________________________________________
♦ Artur Zaarko, the Tomorrow Man:
___NON-ESSENTIAL NPCS________________________________________________________________
♦ Lady Sif:
♦ Fandral, Hogun & Volstagg - The Warriors Three:
♦ Phillip, Son of Coul: An Agent of the organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D., alley and friend to the Odinson.
♦ Diana of Themyscria:
♦ Orion of New Genesis:
___MOTIVATION BEHIND APPLICATION_____________________________________________________
I've always wanted to play Thor, and while I've never quite figured out how to approach him, Thor is a very versatile character. Immortal and capable of going toe to toe with figures like Superman, Thor can dabble in both Earth and the Cosmic playgrounds.

Some potential ideas have included Thor fighting alongside Wonder Woman during either of the World Wars, the ideas of an Ares and Loki team up causing the two heroes to join forces is incredibly enticing. Even Circe and Enchantress or Circe and Loki would be a writer's wet dream. Thor can also ally himself with characters such as the Guardians of the Galaxy or even a Green Lantern.
___SAMPLE POST________________________________________________________________________
SOMETIME IN A DISTANT FUTURE...

The world was torn apart, Midgard had been ravaged by war and conquerors repeatedly within the last decade. War was nothing new to the fourth realm, however even with all its heroes, Midgard had not been ready for the might of the Coluan, Vril Drox. Drox, more commonly known as Brainiac, had come to this realm to add to his collection, harvesting some of Midgard's most notable cities and heroes. Disappearing into the cosmos, Midgard was left defenseless to the following parade of conquerors, the worst of which was the mutant known only as Apocalypse.

In an attempt to defeat the would be ruler, a biological weapon was developed known as the Transmode Virus. The aim was to inject Apocalypse with a techno organic material which would allow S.H.I.E.L.D. to take control of the mutant's mind and body. However the virus fell in Apocalypse's hands and with it, he corrupted the planet itself, warping the fourth realm into a hybrid of organic material and technology.

Many innocent lives were loss in what was coined the 'Harvesting', those who couldn't fight or resist were simply turned into drones, little more than humanoid machines acting as labour for Apocalypse and his Horsemen. But there were those who were immune, the virus having no effect on their bodies. These people banded together, forming a resistance while they sought a way to reverse the effects of the virus.

"On your six." The radio crackled to life in the rugged armored transport as Steve Trevor is brought out of that daze brought on by the long drive through the Nevada Wasteland. Metallic sand shifted constantly as the limited life given to the sand by the Transmode Virus caused it to act in a state most would consider alive.

"Roger." Came Steve's reply as Jon Stewart felt a small sigh of relief. The Wasteland belonged to one of Apocalypse's most cruel Horsemen, the Amazonian formerly known as Wonder Woman.

Last edited:
Primary Character:
Alexander Aaron // Phobos

Ares (John Aaron), the god of war whom the Romans worshipped as Mars. He has led countless armies through innumerable campaigns, sewing death and destruction since time immemorial. He sacked Themyscira, crushed the Persians at Marathon, and salted the earth where Carthage once stood. Disillusioned with the gods and modern warfare -- long-range stand-off weapons and nuclear warheads -- he has assumed a mortal life as a construction worker in order to raise his son in peace.

Carter Ghazikhanian, a young mutant with telepathic and telekinetic abilities. The son of Anne Ghazikhanian and Alexander’s best friend.

Palaemon (Prince Melicertes of Boeotas), originally the youngest son of a Boeotian king, Melicertes and his mother, Io, were pursued by Hera and cast themselves into the sea to try and escape her murderous wrath. They were transformed into gods by Zeus, with Palaemon becoming the god of harbors and safe passage. He was also the tribute for the Isthmian Games, which in turn inspired the Ancient Olympics that gave way to the modern Olympic Games. Alexander’s friend (and the only god of Olympus that is Alexander’s age).

Aella, a young Amazon of Themyscira and a total, uh, “witch.”

List Of Non-Essential NPC's (Open To Widespread Use And Play):
The Gods of Olympus
Zeus, the king of the gods of Greco-Roman mythology, he cast down the titans in order to bring about the Age of Gods and then authored its decline by putting events into motion that would lead to the Age of Man. Ares’ father, the father of many illegitimate children, and also Alexander’s grandfather.

Hera, queen of the gods and the goddess of marriage. Her jealousy and wrath for her husband’s indiscretions are legendary. Ares’ mother and Alexander’s grandmother.

Eris, goddess of chaos and discord. Ares’ sister and Alexander’s aunt.

Eros, also known as Cupid, the son of a liaison between Ares and Aphrodite, making him one of Alexander’s half-brothers. The god of sexual love and desire, he is something of a loose cannon with his “love guns.”

Deimos, the god of terror, another son of Ares and Aphrodite, and half-brother to Alexander. He was with his father at Carthage and the sacking of Themyscira.

Hephaestus, also known as Vulcan, the god of fire and the forge. He supplies weapons to the Amazons of Themyscira in exchange for the lives of any male offspring born to them, and is aided in the smithy by the Cyclops Pyracmon.

Pan, the satyr god of shepherds and their flocks. His infatuation with Dionysus and the Bacchae has led to his becoming lustful and hedonistic, with an increasingly sadistic twist to his humor and amusements. Often mistaken for Satan. The patron of Ibac. It is from Pan that the word ‘panic’ is derived.

Rogue’s Gallery
The Crow-Children (Adder, Goat, Scorpion, and Spider). The result of a very drunken night for Ares that resulted in five Amazons of Themyscira becoming pregnant, making them Alexander’s half-brothers. They can manipulate emotion, incite fear and paranoia, and invade the rational mind on both an individual and massive scale, such as that of a city block.

Lamia, once a mortal woman, a queen and mother. She helped to care for a young Dionysus and, for her charity, Hera brutally murdered both of her children. In her rage and bloody thirst for revenge, she cursed all mothers. The mortal she once was became twisted and evil, until she became the Lamia -- a demonic monster who murdered and feeds upon the bodies of the children of others.

Ibac (Stanley Printwhistle), a lowlife thug of meager talent or skill. He made a deal with the devil (actually Pan) that allows him to invoke the power of Ivan the Terrible, Cesare Borgia, Atilla the Hun, and Caligula through the word “Ibac.” Thus, like Captain Marvel, Jr., Ibac is incapable of saying his own name with reverting back to his mortal form.

Circe (Donna Milton), an immortal sorceress who has been a plague upon mankind since time immemorial.

In a sleepy little town in the New England area of America, the god of war has laid down the implements of destruction for the weapons of creation -- living as a construction worker and raising a child as a single dad in coastal suburbia.

If that sounds familiar, its because its not the first time.

The first time, Ares turned his back on the gods of Olympus and Zeus orchestrated the kidnapping of Alexander so to “inspire” his wayward son to come back to Olympus. Not so save Alexander, but to save them all from the threat of Amatsu-Mikaboshi. Instead, Amatsu-Mikaboshi kidnapped Alexander, brutally murdered Zeus, and then unleashed Alexander as the newly awakened god of fear upon his own father; resulting in Ares’ death at Alexander’s hand. Ares was later resurrected and nearly killed Alexander, and ultimately defeated Amatsu-Mikaboshi.

Not the most successful foray into parenting. But, through the cycle of death and rebirth, both Ares and Alexander both have a second chance at a life without interference from gods or fates or prophecies.

...well, it’s a nice idea anyway...

A Plot: “Alexander Aaron and the Solar Thief” [Main Theme ]
The bow of Apollo has been stolen. Pyracmon, the Cyclops working in the forge, has brought witness against Ares for this crime and the gods have taken action for fear that Ares could use this artifact as a weapon of mass destruction -- bringing famine that would incite panic and war and death on a scale not seen since the Second World War.

Alexander, under the care of Zeus and watchful eye of Hera, must find a way to prove his father’s innocence, find the bow of Apollo, and stop whomever may be bringing all life on Earth to the brink of extinction.

B Plot: “Fear Itself” [ Main Theme ]
Racism and economic fears have always existed as elements in society, but in the current political climate things seem to be worsening. The “alt right” group known as the Friends of Humanity has seen a blossom in activity, credibility, and membership. Rational people seem to be giving sway to irrational notions that spark fear. Fear sparks hatred. Hatred sparks violence.

But, is this just human nature? Or is there something evil lurking in the hearts of men? Alexander must embrace his destiny as the god of fear is he is to discern the truth behind the lies.

C Plot: “The Rape of Ganymede” [Main Theme ]
The media is often accused of fear mongering, and nothing grabs the attention like a headline about child serial murders. But when one of Alexander’s friends becomes a statistic on that list, this is no longer a case for the adults to handle.

D Plot: “Passing Through Gethsemane” [ Main Theme ]
Embracing his identity as Phobos, Alexander voyages into the Underworld in order to mount the rescue of a friend...

Why Are You Applying For This Character?
First and foremost, he’s a B-lister. Mains are rarely my interest, but what’s unique about Alexander Aaron in the context of a One Universe setting is the rich lore of Green Mythology that is interwoven in both DC and Marvel. Both very different, but recognizable. So the appeal of this character to me is that his story neatly bridges both aspects of DC and Marvel, invoking elements familiar to Wonder Woman and Thor, as well as Captain Marvel and Nick Fury. I think it’s a fantastic opportunity to expand on both mythologies in a way that is complimentary to both universes, while telling a compelling and timeless story about a young demi-god as a classical protagonist.

HAPPY HARBOR, RHODE ISLAND
Benedict Arnold Elementary School

The last hour before summer vacation is not for the faint of heart.

It was the last hour of the last day of third grade. When summer was over, they’d be fourth graders. But no one was thinking about that. Everyone was thinking about that moment, now less than an hour away. The anxiety was palpable.

Or maybe it was just him.

The boy in the back corner with the mop of dirty blonde hair that was cropped into a messy bowl cut. He looked like any other kid in the class, except for his eyes. His teachers described those as his being an “old soul.” And, from a certain point of view, they were kind of right about that.

Everyone had something they were afraid of. Something they never talked about. Ginny Wesley, at the front of the classroom, was afraid of the dark, and worried her friends would think her just a little kid if they knew. Next to Ginny, Lola Hernandez couldn’t swim. She was afraid of water. And Carter, the boy next to him, was a mutant and was afraid that people would find out. Now, Carter didn’t look like a mutant, but what was a mutant supposed to look like? Everyone just seemed to want to believe they were these freakish creatures, but Carter was just another kid.

Like he was just another kid. Except he wasn’t, he was the god of fear. And that’s how he knew what everyone was afraid of. It wasn’t that he meant to pry, he just... knew.

Those fears subsided a moment, as the bell rang and they found themselves liberated from their standing as third graders. Now, they were free. They weren’t anything. They were no longer third graders, but they hadn’t yet become fourth graders. They were just kids for the summer.

“Dude, I thought that bell would never ring.” Carter brushed up against him as the two boys walked side-by-side through the halls, wading through the packs of kindergarten and first graders and dwarfed by the giants who were graduating to middle school.

Like salmon swimming upstream, the pair were moving against the tide. As other children migrated toward the exits, these two were moving toward the school nurse’s office. That was where Carter’s mom worked. She was the school nurse, and she usually gave him a ride home since his dad didn’t get off work until later. Most days.

“Did you see Gumball last night?” the mop-headed demigod began, as the pair rounded the entrance into the open door of the nurse’s office. As he spoke, he caught a glimpse of Miss Annie there.

But there was someone else.

“It was totally...” As he spoke, the boy’s head turned to glance up at the other adult in the room. That gaze then widened, as the boy was taken aback. The god of fear left the statement unsaid, as surprise gave way to recognition.

Zeus.

The god of thunder was standing not two feet away from him. In a Hawaiian shirt and a pair of frayed shorts that both seemed faded from age.

“Oh, here they are now.” Miss Annie broke the silence. Gesturing toward the two boys, she introduced the one next to the demigod. “This is my son, Carter.”

Kneeling down, the bearded immortal gave a muffled grunt. Aged bones could be heard to pop as the man tried to get down to the boy’s level. “Hello, Carter,” the king of the gods remarked, in a surprisingly friendly way. “My name is Mister Aaron. I’m Alexander’s grandfather.”

Alexander’s jaw went slack, falling open slightly, even though neither Miss Annie or Carter seemed aware of the danger they were in.

“Did Mister John really have a mohawk when he was younger?”

Carter had just blurted that aloud. He hadn’t believed any of the stories that Alexander’s dad told about what he called “sewing wild oats.” What sewing had to do with oats, or with mohawks, was beyond either Carter or Alexander. But then, most of the time, adults just made no sense at all.

“Alex, your grandfather was just telling me the most amusing story about your father.”

Placing a hand on either boy’s shoulder, the deceptively old-looking man gave a grunted as he rose back to his full height. “And that was the last time we visited Corfu,” Zeus noted, clearly intended as the punchline to whatever story he’d earlier been telling.

Miss Annie gave a laugh, while Carter and Alexander just exchanged a look. Both were lost and confused, but for widely different reasons. Carter was just unsure of the joke, while Alexander was quite uncertain just why the god of all Olympus was even here.

And... did his dad know?

phobos_app.png

Last edited:
Post and character sheet coming tomorrow, as well as more info for you, Gowi

Primary Character: Leonardo

-Raphael
-Michelangelo
-Donatello
-Splinter
-Casey Jones
-April O'Neil
-Hellboy
-Abe Sapien

List Of Non-Essential NPC's (Open To Widespread Use And Play):

Lots of different things here, but I don't think any are gonna step on anyone's toes

Shredder is dead and Krang is defeated. The Turtles have moved on to working for SHADE, defending New York against monsters and demons who manage to make it to our world. Leonardo, the leader of the turtles is tiring of the fight, wanting to live the normal life he always wanted. But something is coming that threatens the very fabric of reality, and only him and his brothers can stop it.

I've always wanted to tell a big, weird story with the TMNT, and this kind of game is my chance. Things are gonna get weird. Real weird.

The tentacled creature scrambled out of the sludge covering the flower of the sewer. It flopped this way and that as its mass of grasping appendages propelled it up to the ceiling. Black, foul-smelling goo slid off of it, splashing into the water below. Leonardo steeled the blade in his hand, keeping a keen eye on the creature.

"Donnie, what the hell are we looking at?" he asked his brother, who was back at headquarters.

"Uhhh..." as Donnie stalled for time, Leo heard him flipping through pages of one of the many occult books the brothers now owned.

A tentacle shot out of the pulsing mass, and was cut out of the air by Raphael's sai. He then shouted, "Not a lot of time, Donnie!"

"I'm going as fast as I can!" he responded in a panic. "What does it smell like?"

Michelangelo batted a tentacle away from himself, "It's a tentacle monster that lives in the sewer, don! What do you think it smells like!?"

The monster fell off the ceiling of the sewer and rolled through Leonardo, who began cutting through the waves of worms that began rumbling his way. Black blood splashed against his skin, the smell stinging his nostrils. The monster continued to come towards him, seemingly regrowing limbs instantaneously.

"I think it's the Spawn of Yig!" Donnie yelled. "There's a beak in the middle. Stab it and it should die!"

Leo didn't wait to try and find it. He stabbed wildly into the creature in order to stop it. Eventually, the creature recoiled in pain, shuddered, and fell to the ground motionless.

"Well, that wasn't too bad," Raph sighed.

"Uh-oh," Donnie's voice came back over the comms.

"Uh-oh? What do you mean uh-oh?" Leo shot back.

"You only killed the first form...it's got two more."

"I swear, we live in a video game," Mikey grumbled.

leonardostatue8_zpsjsccxtee.jpg

Nightwing post coming tomorrow, as most of my writing time today became 'sitting around at the DMV because they wouldn't let me get two things done without having to get back in line for the second one' time.

Leonardo and Phobos are both APPROVED.

I'm also extending approval powers to Andy, since he's alot more active than I am and the wait will likely be shorter. Apologies that it took so long, Bounce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"