The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray he's not only there for Fantastic Beasts.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Power Girl then! :woot:
:hmr:

DilDTrEU0AEeQ1U.jpg

Ezra is at Comic Con.
Yesssssssss!

I pray he's not only there for Fantastic Beasts.
That’s probably all it is honestly.

Goddamnit:funny:

I mean, I have to imagine Flash will be next after WW84 and Joker wrap up. So I could see Ezra and the directors coming out and saying a few things about what they've got planned.

But you never know.

I mean, I have to imagine Flash will be next after WW84 and Joker wrap up. So I could see Ezra and the directors coming out and saying a few things about what they've got planned.

I'd like to think so.

But you never know.
Well...

My hopes are up and it’s all on you Sawyer:o

Well...

My hopes are up and it’s all on you Sawyer:o

Then I guess I better restrain myself from telling you about the SDCC screening of the Batman movie Matt Reeves has been shooting in secret. :o

I am just surprised that there haven't been any new developments on The Flash solo film especially after Comic Con after press was done for Aquaman, Wonder Woman 84 and Shazam

One of the directors did say they could be on track for 2020 if all goes well. There's no need for WB to rush out a potential slate of stuff again and it potentially not come to pass down the line. If Flash is indeed for 2020, they've got Comic Con 2019 to make announcements. This was for Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Aquaman, as the immediate next films in DC's lineup.

Stuff like Flash, Birds of Prey, The Batman, and so on, they aren't out in either 2018 or 2019, so there wouldn't be a major need to say something we don't already know.

BOF said Flash is not even greenlighted yet, maybe it's like one of the Harley projects or Joker, you have to get up to speed and be ready to enter production, before they "announce" it

BOF said Flash is not even greenlighted yet, maybe it's like one of the Harley projects or Joker, you have to get up to speed and be ready to enter production, before they "announce" it

Why we listening to BOF?:o

I'd be okay with that.

Okay

I’m gonna need details :woot:

In his twitter he said "I'm right" after the pic of Freddy holding Sup's bullet was released, meltdown #1

Then yesterday his trailers article goes metldown #2

The only issue I have with this production is the seemingly overt nod and potential connection to MAN OF STEEL and BATMAN v SUPERMAN. Yes, one could acquire movie props like issues of TIME and a Batfleck-Batarang (set on a pedestal, mind you), so I’m personally hoping that how thing thing turns out.

We’ll see.

and a day later meltdown #3

Yes, SHAZAM! is Part of the DC on Film Universe (and Makes it Less Special)
https://batman-on-film.com/3479/opinion_shazam_byjett_072218/

Poor soul

https://pursuenews.com/the-flash-movie-reportedly-begins-filming-next-year-in-february-location-revealed/

Director John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein may start rolling the cameras soon for The Flash movie. After a long delay, the solo project is finally ready to begin production and seems to be going according to the studios’ plan for a 2020 release.

According to Production Weekly’s recent listing, The Flash movie will start principal photography next year in February. Furthermore, production is set to take place in Atlanta.

It was earlier reported that DC film Birds of Prey is also scouting for places and one of the locations mentioned was Atlanta for an early 2019 shoot. If true, both BOP and The Flash movie would begin production at the same time and place.

There is not much information available on The Flash project. Though ‘Flashpoint’ was dropped as the title of the movie, its comic storyline could still be adapted. But actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who would play as Thomas Wayne version of Batman if the movie adapts the Flashpoint story believes that the makers don’t have the same plans as Zack Snyder did and that they are heading in a different direction.

“When Zack Snyder was involved with the DC universe more, I think there was a real possibility,” said Morgan talking about Flashpoint with MTV’s Josh Horowitz. “But now that he’s kind of stepped away a little bit I’ve heard different things that Flashpoint might not be going in that direction. It will be more of an origin story for Flash.”

Currently, the only confirmed cast members are Ezra Miller reprising as The Flash, Kiersey Clemons as Iris West and Billy Crudup reprising his role as Barry’s Father, Henry Allen. More casting announcements are likely to come our way in the following months since early reports did indicate multiple villains for the movie.

As mentioned before, Zack Snyder also seems to be on board as a producer. Other names such as Alex Gartner, Geoff Johns, Dan Mazer, Richard Suckle, Deborah Snyder, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, Jon Berg and Denise Di Novi are also listed as producers for the project. The Flash does not have a release date assigned yet. But even the directors have stated that if everything goes well the movie would come out sometime around 2020.

But actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who would play as Thomas Wayne version of Batman if the movie adapts the Flashpoint story believes that the makers don’t have the same plans as Zack Snyder did and that they are heading in a different direction.

“When Zack Snyder was involved with the DC universe more, I think there was a real possibility,” said Morgan talking about Flashpoint with MTV’s Josh Horowitz. “But now that he’s kind of stepped away a little bit I’ve heard different things that Flashpoint might not be going in that direction. It will be more of an origin story for Flash.”

Such a shame we won't see JDM as 'Bat-Thom' but I can see why they've likely moved away from FP - at least for the foreseeable future. Maybe one day the time will be right... *sigh*

I'm guessing Flash will be Summer 2020, most likely mid July

I really hope that’s true.
We should start getting some casting news soon if it is :D

Ezra Miller deserves this, as much as Jason Momoa if not more. Ezra really captures The Flash IMO and while some thought he was just an over-the-top punchline in JUSTICE LEAGUE, there were some inklings of real emotional depth that Ezra can really tap into. I saw it in his scene with Billy Crudup (Henry Allen).

And I'm glad he'll have a solo movie to himself to explore that and won't have a superhero ensemble eating up screentime like Flashpoint would've involved. I'm open to Ray Fisher's Cyborg showing up, though.

Ezra Miller deserves this, as much as Jason Momoa if not more. Ezra really captures The Flash IMO and while some thought he was just an over-the-top punchline in JUSTICE LEAGUE, there were some inklings of real emotional depth that Ezra can really tap into. I saw it in his scene with Billy Crudup (Henry Allen).

And I'm glad he'll have a solo movie to himself to explore that and won't have a superhero ensemble eating up screentime like Flashpoint would've involved. I'm open to Ray Fisher's Cyborg showing up, though.

He didn't capture the Flash at all. Not Barry, not Wally...

He didn't capture the Flash at all. Not Barry, not Wally...

Yeah, I have to agree. I liked Ezra's performance as a performance and I found him entertaining. But he wasn't Barry Allen (or even Wally) to me. As much as I like him as an actor, and whilst I'm not signing petitions for him to be replaced, if he were to be replaced it wouldn't ruin my day.

Yeah, I have to agree. I liked Ezra's performance as a performance and I found him entertaining. But he wasn't Barry Allen (or even Wally) to me. As much as I like him as an actor, and whilst I'm not signing petitions for him to be replaced, if he were to be replaced it wouldn't ruin my day.

Pretty much where I'm at with it. They need to make a lot of changes to his character in the solo movie for it to work and not give me and the entire audience a headache

Pretty much where I'm at with it. They need to make a lot of changes to his character in the solo movie for it to work and not give me and the entire audience a headache

Yes I'd definitely like to see some changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"