The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

I will leave the rest of the post alone cause ain't worth delving into. You have your opinion I have mine and neither is wrong or right at this point.

And option 3 may be on the table but that is most likely the nuclear option. They won't cancel unless they absolutely have to and right now they don't. If some of the awful stuff gets substantiated and he gets charged...then I think they do it. Right now smart money says no.

Well whether the rest of my post is worth responding to, is up to which ever posters decide to read it.

No one is obligated to respond to it nor, am I obligated to every point you or another poster makes .

This is forum so we're free to respond to what we want to.

As far as option 3, we'll see.
As I've before, the film is a year away and alot can happen.

What a mess.

bb22-big-brother22.gif

Releasing Batgirl and shelving Flash would make no sense as the Batgirl status quo is heavily informed by what the Flash does to the DCEU at the end. Unless, of course, like with Aquaman 2 they replace Keaton’s scenes with Affleck.

But apparently Batgirl has almost no connections to the DCEU and seems more than anything like it exists in the burtonverse. They could easily just say it’s a one off legacy sequel to the burton movies and be done with it

I don’t think adding Affleck into Batgirl would work at all because the entire aesthetic/batgirls suit/the batmobile/ etc are all tied to Burton

Well whether the rest of my post is worth responding to, is up to which ever posters decide to read it.

No one is obligated to respond to it nor, am I obligated to every point you or another poster makes .

This is forum so we're free to respond to what we want to.

As far as option 3, we'll see.
As I've before, the film is a year away and alot can happen.

I meant no disrespect I was just trying to say that we don't know. Sorry if I offended you I did not mean to I totally respect your posts.

It might be...but the test screening info has been out there since long before this situation got out of hand. I think it broke when They just had issues with alcohol. WBD are definitely re-using the info to try and spin but the positive test screenings did happen if certain posters and media types are to be believed.

And yeah test screenings in and of themselves mean little, but it is kind of nice to hear. We usually only hear about bad test screenings.

What if they came out and said:

"This movie cost too damn much to cancel but we can assure you all that Ezra is 1000% gone after this movie and we'll blackball them from Hollywood"

What would the reaction be?

Based on nothing but intuition i think its a safe bet that the movie is at minimum a fun inoffensive blockbuster. Andy Muschietti is a good filmmaker. He knows how to make a movie. Even though IT part 2 was slightly disappointing it was still a highly entertaining movie. I remember my theater was howling and cracking up throughout a lot of it (granted one could argue you dont want audiences laughing during a horror movie but I digress.)

I think Muschietti delivered a GOOD solid movie and WB knows it and they desperately want to save it somehow and have people see it. Sounds like it would be a tragic waste if Miller causes this to disappear.

I hope we can see it, i will be severely bummed if this is canned and my excitement for DC in general will pretty much be eradicated except for future seasons of Superman and Lois.

Last edited:
I could see the GA largely not knowing about lots of the Ezra stuff (assuming more doesn't boil over soon). It's anecdotal, but within my circle no one really knows anything about it. What I'm more concerned about is the critical reaction to the movie if they do release it. I could see a lot of critics tearing this apart because of the allegations, whether those criticisms are earned or not. A large, negative critical reaction could kill any chance this movie has at having decent legs.

All in all, what an awful situation.

Based on nothing but intuition i think its a safe bet that the movie is at minimum a fun inoffensive blockbuster. Andy Muschietti is a good filmmaker. He knows how to make a movie. Even though IT part 2 was slightly disappointing it was still a highly entertaining movie. I remember my theater was howling and cracking up throughout a lot of it (granted one could argue you dont want audiences laughing during a horror movie but I digress.)

I think Muschietti delivered a GOOD solid movie and WB knows it and they desperately want to save it somehow and have people see it. Sounds like it would be a tragic waste if Miller causes this to disappear.

I hope we can see it, i will be severely bummed if this is canned and my excitement for DC in general will pretty much be eradicated except for future seasons of Superman and Lois.

I have no doubt that the screenings were positive. But do I think this had the best test screening results ever or that audiences have never been so invested in a test screenings before in history? Hell no. That sounds like PR, hyperbolic garbage

I could see the GA largely not knowing about lots of the Ezra stuff (assuming more doesn't boil over soon). It's anecdotal, but within my circle no one really knows anything about it.
Same. No-one I know who isn't really into DC and DC movies has any idea who Ezra Miller is, at least not by name.

I have no doubt that the screenings were positive. But do I think this had the best test screening results ever or that audiences have never been so invested in a test screenings before in history? Hell no. That sounds like PR, hyperbolic garbage

Agreed, thats for sure hyperbolic. I think whoever that said that is just trying to juice the movie up. But all in all, all signs are pointing towards Muschietti having delivered one of the better DC movies in recent years.

What if they came out and said:

"This movie cost too damn much to cancel but we can assure you all that Ezra is 1000% gone after this movie and we'll blackball them from Hollywood"

What would the reaction be?

I think people would probably feel exactly the same except since you hung a lantern on it the people who have no real idea about any of this would then become active against the film. I think it would do more harm than good. (I am speaking financially of course)

BTW no one I know is talking about any of this either...even people who are DC haters. I don't doubt most of my friends know who Ezra is, but they don't seem to be as outraged about it as the internet fandom is. Kind of reminds me of the Gina Carano Di$ney+ situation where those that paid attention were upset, everyone else seemed in the dark and didn't much care.

And yeah whoever wrote the tweet about the screening obviously has an agenda to sell.

A week ago I'd rule out them canning this movie, but the fact they're actually considering it is a big deal. This movie will cost up to $300 million at least by now.

This certainly is a pickle for WB.
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

It's like having a ticking time bomb in your hands. Your trying to get rid of it but people are all around.

But apparently Batgirl has almost no connections to the DCEU and seems more than anything like it exists in the burtonverse. They could easily just say it’s a one off legacy sequel to the burton movies and be done with it

I don’t think adding Affleck into Batgirl would work at all because the entire aesthetic/batgirls suit/the batmobile/ etc are all tied to Burton
But Affleck’s Gordon(J.K. Simmons) is in the film. If one see’s the film without seeing The Flash and see that Gordon interacting with a Batman that wasn’t his previously they might be a bit confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"