The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Wally is the funny one.

For me Wally West can't be the Flash without being Kid Flash first. That's a whole journey to be seen for me like Nightwing becoming Batman (which I kinda wish stuck for a little longer). If Wally is to be the star of a movie then Barry has to show up in a flashback to his origin or something. Overall I think Barry's story would be more interesting, even though Wally's the more interesting character. Wally I'd like to see pop up as a sidekick or in a Teen Titans movie or something.

Zoom can't kill Flash because it would lead to some paradox preventing him from becoming Zoom in the first place (stupid I know, but that's how they explain it in the comics).

The Wally as Flash franchise works well too. I think the obligatory scenes of practicing your newfound powers (in Flash's case, superspeed) would work well if you had someone to race with.

See, I would love this. That is innovative. A sidekick origin story instead. Flash already established and showing him the ropes would be great.

I know the movie is definitely going to be Barry Allen centric since DC has been shoving him down our throats but I still really like that idea. Practically a kids movie, really, with the teen learning that someone he respects is also his hero and then being taken under his wing.

I'd like to see a Flash movie that functions as a Barry Allen origin, includes Wally West, and shows them both the future via time travel, so they can see what they will become legacywise. That way, if it ends up being one and done, at least we've seen the dynamic.

right, because everything from the comics always gets brought to the screen, also all the characters are aware of their decades of continuity as they make their first appearance in film.

if anyone wanted to use that concept, just as with any other in an adaptation, they'd find a way to make it work

you just brought up something cool about the Flash that I just realized. With all the time-travel related hoopla and Earth 2 concepts introduced in the comics, the Flash is one of the comic book characters that is effective in depicting themes of metafiction.

For instance the idea of adaptations or retcons in long-running franchises can be addressed via the "changing the past through time travel" trope.

In addition, they can even throw in Barry's fanboyism oF Jay Garrick (or Wally's fanboyism over Barry) and actually acknowledge that a comic book superhero inspired them to become a superhero themselves.

That's some deep s***. Hopefully, WB can use some interesting concepts (sidekick base franchise, deep with the Flash movie rather than go through the safe route.

Yeah, something like this is going to need a heavy hitter writer/director or it could be the same person, even. This has to be someone experienced with this kind of thing and not afraid to go there like J.J. Abrams or a Steven Spielberg or James Cameron type. They played it safe with Green Lantern. That was a mistake. A Flash movie should go all out. This is definitely a character who's sci-fi roots should be embraced.

Hell, I kinda wish they'd try the series again because people aren't afraid to take risks like this on tv. Not as much as they are with movies, anyway. I hope this is the opposite of formulaic. People will get sick of superhero flicks pretty soon if they all resemble Spider-man (once again, thank you Green Lantern. I'm sorry. That movie just pisses me off).

Savage: A Spielberg directed superhero movie is like a wet dream.

He's apparently a pretty big Flash fan, though.

That would be amazing.

Spielberg's a pretty big Flash fan?!

Yes, a Spielberg directed Flash movie would be amazing. But that will never happen.

If he likes The Flash, how come he never did a film adaption? With the kind of power he has in Hollywood, it shouldn't be too hard. But hey, it took 25 years to do Tintin.

The only evidence I've seen of that is Leo using the name Barry Allen in Catch Me if You Can. But he also used Dr. Connors and Spielberg wasn't the writer. I'd like to see another indication he's a fan though.

^ Spielberg in the 90's had his own project more often than he had adaptations.

The Flash is a difficult character. There have been four versions of the story they'd use in a movie.

Particularly, I'd go for Barry Allen and focus on him, his journey and his discovery of the Speed Force and it's properties. The New 52's title has a lot of interesting concepts and characters that'd make for a good movie.

Aaron Paul for The Flash, yo.

tumblrlwezv934i31qkrbvi.jpg

I'd like to see a Flash movie that functions as a Barry Allen origin, includes Wally West, and shows them both the future via time travel, so they can see what they will become legacywise. That way, if it ends up being one and done, at least we've seen the dynamic.
that would be awesome

In addition, they can even throw in Barry's fanboyism oF Jay Garrick (or Wally's fanboyism over Barry) and actually acknowledge that a comic book superhero inspired them to become a superhero themselves.
this is mandatory imo

Aaron Paul is...an interesting choice for any Flash really. I see him more as a villain. The Trickster, Mirror Master, a young Captain Cold, that sort. I have trouble seeing him as a hero.

What if they make a Flash movie more Rogues oriented. Kind of like a supervillain heist film.

That's another way to make a Flash movie "unconventional." Plus, I've always wanted to watch a supervillain heist film. Especially with the Rogues and their somewhat unique chemistry amongst supervillains.

^ What's the point of a Flash movie that's not about the Flash?

Maybe a spin-off about the Rogues, if they're VERY popular.

By the way, the "supervillain heist movie" is being done. It's Nacho Vigalondo's Supercrooks, based on Mark Millar's mini-series.

Eh, using most of the Rogues as serious villains is tricky at best. The GA is willing to buy a lot, but you really don't want your audience asking "How did the Flash get hit by a boomerang? He just evacuated an entire hospital in the blink of an eye." Hiro got that on Heroes, and he at least had some good excuses at first.

That's a problem the Flash has in general: he has a great rogues gallery, but most of them would be horrid to adapt to the screen. Grodd is a talking gorilla, Mirror Master is a walking escapee from the silver age, most of the Rogues require Flash's cooperation to actually challenge the guy. . .

Best choices for a main villain are the Trickster, Abrakadabra, or one of the speedsters.

^ What's the point of a Flash movie that's not about the Flash?

Maybe a spin-off about the Rogues, if they're VERY popular.

By the way, the "supervillain heist movie" is being done. It's Nacho Vigalondo's Supercrooks, based on Mark Millar's mini-series.

I agree. But it's such a shame a supervillain heist concept is being wasted on something written by Mark Millar.

Mark Millar is a good writer. Did you read "Superior"?

Eh, using most of the Rogues as serious villains is tricky at best. The GA is willing to buy a lot, but you really don't want your audience asking "How did the Flash get hit by a boomerang? He just evacuated an entire hospital in the blink of an eye." Hiro got that on Heroes, and he at least had some good excuses at first.

That's a problem the Flash has in general: he has a great rogues gallery, but most of them would be horrid to adapt to the screen. Grodd is a talking gorilla, Mirror Master is a walking escapee from the silver age, most of the Rogues require Flash's cooperation to actually challenge the guy...

Best choices for a main villain are the Trickster, Abrakadabra, or one of the speedsters.
The Trickster, really? He's the weakest of the Rogues.

All the Rogues could be done in a movie, but they'd have to be rewriten. Their powers, enhanced. Their costumes, redesigned, and their motivations, rewriten, to allow them to actually want to kill the Flash instead of just stealing valuables and staying out of his way.

Captain Cold, by example. He has been reinvented by Francis Manapul as a metahuman that can freeze the molecules around his body, creating a "cold field" that slows down anything that comes too close. He can bring the Flash down to human level, or even make him moronic, in addition to stopping anything the Flash tries to throw at him from a distance. In addition to the other common portrayals of ice and cold manipulation.

Mirror Master. He's a teleporter. He can use any reflexive surface as a gateway in and out. Can you imagine that. He could have access to you from several places in your room. Not to mention he's armed with lasers that can burn through glass, and weapons that can blind you, make you lose control of your nervous system, and much more.

Weather Wizard. He controls all the weather that surrounds you at will. He can manipulate circunstances to such an extent that everything can kill you. He can open tornados inside your body, lower your body temperature until you die, or simply throw a lightning at you.

They're all VERY dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back