The Official Green Lantern Review Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are exaggerating way to much.

Green Lantern is a clear 7,5/8 movie. Much better than Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Thor, Superman Returns, DareDevil, etc.
I find it hilarious that you lump Thor in with the rest of those ****fests.

I find it funny that people has a problem with the quick training in GL but not a problem with the quick training in BB...

The difference is that in BB, it's inferred that he trained for longer than what was shown. He didn't get to be a badass after a 10-minute sparring session.

SuperDaniel said:
It was few minutes by movie time but obviously not a few minutes in Oa. Time as you know, is pretty vague in movies...
What was vague about it taking years for Wayne? The part where it was supposed to take years....or the part where it was supposed to take...like...years?

No way is GL better than Thor. I hate to be that guy to bring in the Marvel/DC feud but Thor was on par with Spider-Man 2, Batman Begins, and Iron Man----not SR, DD, and GR.

I am a DC fan and I agree although I think BB was slightly better.

I keep seeing DD being part of films being known as"worse"comic-book movies!.....Even the Director's Cut is worse?(I feel there's a pretty da**big difference in quality for D'sC to the TC)

The Directors Cut of Daredevil is actually a great film. It still has that awful playground fight scene though.

Most complaints i've seen of it are nothing more than "Afflect is a *****e!" or "Farrell is a *****e!".

It was few minutes by movie time but obviously not a few minutes in Oa. Time as you know, is pretty vague in movies...

No it was a few minutes in the movie, Hal gets started with training with Kilowog and then enter Sinestro to kick his ass and then Hal runs home. We don’t leave Oa neither does the scenery change its all in one stroke suggesting it all happened in the same time frame.

Am I the only one who thought that it was dumb that Hal quit being GL just because Sinestro didn't think that he would be good?

No scene in GL made me hate the movie like what it happened in FC. That was terrible and unnecessary and basically just a reflection of how racist America is. And I'm not even black...

I mean, did it really had to be the ONLY black guy in the movie??!?

While it didn't ruin the movie for me, I understand your point. I wasn't even thinking on racial terms, but I thought it was lame how they brought in this kid and he didn't do anything except get killed.

So Hal has one training session, fails, goes home and sulks a bit, gets some pep talks from Carol, then all of a sudden is worthy enough as a GL to save an entire planet?

And people thought Thor's character journey was forced and hackneyed? lol

I love how fanboys will consistently defend any steamer, I've seen it with Ghost Rider, I've seen it with FF and I'll see it again no doubt.

It's like they have a vested interest in defending something that is obviously flawed, as if the movie had anything to do with them personally and an insult to the movie is an insult to them.

I really don't get people sometimes, it gets pretty sad to witness.

Am I the only one who thought that it was dumb that Hal quit being GL just because Sinestro didn't think that he would be good?
I don't think there's anyone who doesn't think that's dumb.

Ohhh poooor baby. Let's all shed a tear for SatEL... Gee, it's not like it was all over these boards you frequent that this movie sucked. Listen to the reviews next time.

Yes because I should always listen to other peoples opinions as opposed to forming my own. Lesson learned, thank you your very kind.:yay:

While it didn't ruin the movie for me, I understand your point. I wasn't even thinking on racial terms, but I thought it was lame how they brought in this kid and he didn't do anything except get killed.

He tried to save Angel's life, sacrificing his own in the process. Went out like a hero imo.

Plus, I bet he's not actually dead. They cut away before he died on purpose. Then you have to take into account his power.

He didn't even f**king know Sinestro!

You think I'd care about some random *****e riding my ass so much that I'd quit before I'd really gotten started?

No, it was dumb as nails and do you even see him quit?
Just seems one moment he was on Oa the next he is back on Earth doing his thing, for all I knew he just came back down to settle some affairs he had.

This movie is drastically incomplete, and we can't hope for it to be rectified in a directors cut because most of what is missing would of happened in Oa and directors seldom cut out millions of dollars worth of CG footage.

Are some of you guys seriously comparing that 1 minute training scene in GL to the training in BB?? Where Bruce Wayne goes around the world, spends years in Prison, Climbs freaking mountains, Trains with Ra's Al Ghul and ninjas for various scenes and there's even sword fighting on a frozen lake.

You guys are clearly joking.

Lol Already had that discussion a good few pages back with Ladyvader.

I love how fanboys will consistently defend any steamer, I've seen it with Ghost Rider, I've seen it with FF and I'll see it again no doubt.

It's like they have a vested interest in defending something that is obviously flawed, as if the movie had anything to do with them personally and an insult to the movie is an insult to them.

I really don't get people sometimes, it gets pretty sad to witness.

It's called love. :O We all do it to some degree.

People are exaggerating way to much.

Green Lantern is a clear 7,5/8 movie. Much better than Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Thor, Superman Returns, DareDevil, etc.
i read a lot of your post about Superman Returns. and now you writte that some here are exaggerating about GL? :yay:

come on.opinions. you didnt like SR and they dont like GL . be fair :cwink::woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"