The Official Green Lantern Review Thread - Part 5

wow worst movie? some of these comments are too harsh. well at least you have all forgotten batman & robin i assume...so good for you guys. if green lantern was the worst movie you've seen, you've been spoiled.

Just watched this again, hoping to like it better. Nope still sucked lol

Just watched this for the first time. Not close the quality of most of the other superhero films released in the past 7-8 years. I liked it better than The Dark Knight, Elektra, Wolverine Origins, and both Hulk movies though. I'd give it a 6/10. Reynolds is likeable, but it just didn't sit the right way.

I liked it better than The Dark Knight.

tumblr_m6q495IKMM1r3xvvx.gif

Hahahahahahaha, what is that gif from? That's amazing. :woot:

I loved Heath Ledger as the Joker, don't get me wrong. (Saw the avatar, so I wanted to get that out of the way). Actually, I loved the entire opening scene until Batman showed up.

I don't even know why I don't like it - it's one of those things that just doesn't click for me. I get SUPER annoyed by Batman's voice.. similar to how they portrayed Janice's voice in the sitcom FRIENDS. It just annoys me to no end. That's not the only reason I don't like it, but it's the only reason I can put my finger on exactly.

The weirdest thing? I loved Batman Begins.

And before someone calls me a DC/Batman basher --- Batman & Robin from the 60's is my favourite thing of life. I laugh for hours on end about those episodes/movie.

Hahahahahahaha, what is that gif from? That's amazing. :woot:

I loved Heath Ledger as the Joker, don't get me wrong. (Saw the avatar, so I wanted to get that out of the way). Actually, I loved the entire opening scene until Batman showed up.

I don't even know why I don't like it - it's one of those things that just doesn't click for me. I get SUPER annoyed by Batman's voice.. similar to how they portrayed Janice's voice in the sitcom FRIENDS. It just annoys me to no end. That's not the only reason I don't like it, but it's the only reason I can put my finger on exactly.

The weirdest thing? I loved Batman Begins.

And before someone calls me a DC/Batman basher --- Batman & Robin from the 60's is my favourite thing of life. I laugh for hours on end about those episodes/movie.

To each their own I suppose, the Batman voice is just a little bit more amped up in TDK than it is in Batman Begins. I remember the "DO I LOOK LIKE A COP!?" caught me off guard the first time I saw the movie at the show in 2005 but I've grown to love it. It's one of my favorite aspects of the character. The Joker was great and is one of my favorite fictional characters but of course, he's number two to Batman for me.

I just remember going into Green Lantern not expecting too much, but I didn't expect to be hating it as much as I did. I think I even had a better time watching Howard the Duck. No, I know I did. The only comic book movie I remember being that annoyed by after I had seen it recently was the Spirit a couple years back. That movie is garbage. Green Lantern was 10% less garbage than that IMO.

Oh and I don't know where the .gif is from. I always see it around the internets, heh.

An episode of Supernatural where they're on a Japanese gameshow about hitting people in the nuts. But being a Supernatural fanboy aside, the subject at hand here, I'm in the same boat about expecting too much. Then I watched it again knowing what to expect this time and...I think I hated it even more. It's just not good as a movie and certainly not as a comic book movie. The whole thing felt forced and contrived. Those are cliche words to use at this point but it really felt like a movie that tried to capture what worked for every other comic book movie and failed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"