Official Green Lantern News & Discussion Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey kinda have a stupid question but how can I write to Amanda Waller? Is it on the viral site?

Anyone else notice when Hal is behind the sun (I assume that's what it is, could be something else) that his left shoulder is bleeding? I just now caught that. :o

It was in the new trailer, towards the end. That scene looks pretty epic.

Last edited:
Is it the sun? I assumed it was some kind of crazy Parallax thing.

I don't really know. That's why it was a question. The only film that we have been discussing that hasn't bee in a list of trailers aired this weekend is XMFC and I wanted to know if that was one of the films he is upset about.

No...

Actually, I did get that X-Men trailer (meh) with Thor. I didn't get the GL one or the Conan one, which were the ones I was hoping to see.

Really, it doesn't bother me that much that I didn't get to see them (I've already watched them both online multiple times). What concerns me more is that GL isn't a proven brand and so it needs to be sold to a general audience that doesn't hop on the Internet on a daily basis to watch movie trailers. Some people only see trailers in theaters. So if my theater didn't play GL, it makes me wonder how many others didn't.

Granted, I have no stock in this movie's success. But if it's good (and honestly, even if it isn't) I want it to do well so that we'll see more GL onscreen, as well as other DC heroes besides Superman and Batman.

Some people got the GL trailer, some didn't. That's the way it plays out.

Anyone else notice that Sinestro is the only GL who has the ring on his left hand?

I knew lefties were evil!!!!

I watched Revenge of the Sith the other day, and it brought up a new worry for this film. CGI backgrounds, lack of real, physical sets. Do we know how much of this movie is gree screen and how many sets are real? There is just something so much better about real, constructed sets rather than just CGI backgrounds. I dunno what it is, lack of depth?

No...

Actually, I did get that X-Men trailer (meh) with Thor. I didn't get the GL one or the Conan one, which were the ones I was hoping to see.

Really, it doesn't bother me that much that I didn't get to see them (I've already watched them both online multiple times). What concerns me more is that GL isn't a proven brand and so it needs to be sold to a general audience that doesn't hop on the Internet on a daily basis to watch movie trailers. Some people only see trailers in theaters. So if my theater didn't play GL, it makes me wonder how many others didn't.

Granted, I have no stock in this movie's success. But if it's good (and honestly, even if it isn't) I want it to do well so that we'll see more GL onscreen, as well as other DC heroes besides Superman and Batman.

Whether it was marketed well enough or not is left to be seen, but what should be kept in mind is that the most effective marketing will come from the TV ad spots (as well as the Internet). That exposes the film to much more people than what would come from the theaters (we probably had less than 8 million people go to watch "Thor" this past weekend and not all of them got to see the "Green Lantern" trailer - about that many people watched the Lakers play the Dallas Maverics which did air a GL TV spot and that wasn't the only program that aired one). We still have less than 40 days to go an there is still more to happen. There is the MCM Expo in London at the end of this month, a few more weeks to show movie trailers and ad spots, a possible promotion with a fast food chain, and you never know, there may even be a TV special. We will have to see how this plays out in the end.

Last edited:
Anyone else notice that Sinestro is the only GL who has the ring on his left hand?

I knew lefties were evil!!!!

I watched Revenge of the Sith the other day, and it brought up a new worry for this film. CGI backgrounds, lack of real, physical sets. Do we know how much of this movie is gree screen and how many sets are real? There is just something so much better about real, constructed sets rather than just CGI backgrounds. I dunno what it is, lack of depth?
everything on earth is part set plus CGI backgrounds. Oah is full GI.

no let me change this. on Oah only Strong's and Reynold's heads are real. :lmao:

lol. Well we'll soon see. The Star Wars prequels had good SFX for the most part, especially Sith. But there is just something off about CGI backgrounds and all that. You can just tell it's flat and doesn't have the depth of a real, constructed set/stage.

Racist!!!111 :o

:D

But I do think it's cool that they actually made Sinestro left-handed, that's something people might not have noticed, but it's a nice lil' detail.

everything on earth is part set plus CGI backgrounds. Oah is full GI.

no let me change this. on Oah only Strong's and Reynold's heads are real. :lmao:

Geoffrey Rush and Michael Clarke Duncan actually have CGI voices on Oa.

Any word when the soundtrack for Gl will be out? Haven't heard much about it, definitely want to pick it up when it releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"