Official Green Lantern News & Discussion Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit on the short side for what's supposed to be a space epic.

"Star Wars Episode IV" was 121 minutes. In fact, none of the Star Wars films were more than 142 minutes. For that matter 145 minutes is longer than any of the Star Trek Films (Star Trek: The Movie was epic and was only 132 minutes) or 2001 a space Odyssey (that one was 141 minutes). What are you talking about?

A bit on the short side for what's supposed to be a space epic.

Yeah, I agree. Sometimes these places get runtimes wrong--and though I wouldn't count on that being the case here, it would be nice to be surprised.

About 40 minutes of that runtime in these flicks is usually before the hero even gets his powers or becomes the character. The GL origin happens a little more fast paced, it's not gradual because he suddenly has this whole fraternity of aliens helping him through it.

"Star Wars Episode IV" was 121 minutes. In fact, none of the Star Wars films were more than 142 minutes. For that matter 145 minutes is longer than any of the Star Trek Films (Star Trek: The Movie was epic and was only 132 minutes) or 2001 a space Odyssey (that one was 141 minutes). What are you talking about?

You do realize there is a difference between 1 hour and 45 minutes and 145 minutes right? :dry:

:doh::awesome:

Imagine if dnno1 fell victim to the "How many lights are there?" question. Lol.

:awesome::woot:

Well, like I mentioned earlier, Thor was an hour and 50, so it can be done so long as it's engaging.

Dnno1 was born to be funny by being dead serious about certain things that aren't true.

"Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan" was epic and was only 113 minutes long. Even "Star Trek: The search for Spock" was a space opera and it was only 105 minutes. Who determines what the length of a space epic is supposed to be anyway?

Well, like I mentioned earlier, Thor was an hour and 50, so it can be done so long as it's engaging.

Did you like the exclusive clip? How did it look? I refuse to believe that the movie is 105 minutes since the show times for the movie on Cineplex's website don't sound right.

7:00pm, 10:00pm. That is a little too spread out.

I though Thor could use more development. It was so fast-paced it felt somewhat unsatisfying.

I'd like a running time similar to Star Trek.

I liked Thor as a whole but it didn't feel that big in scope for me. Espcecially since every set in the film
feels strangely isolated and empty.

Did anyone watch Letterman last night? They showed a new TV spot which I've been unable to find online. It ends with Sinestro saying to Hal, "good luck, Green Lantern". Has anyone else seen it and/or been able to find it?

Disappointing if so.

Yeah, I was hoping it was at least a 2 hours long film. We'll see soon enough I guess.

If it's 1:45 then I would also hope that it is at least a tightly woven paced film that still keeps us on our toes but doesn't move too damn fast.

Last edited:
Did anyone watch Letterman last night? They showed a new TV spot which I've been unable to find online. It ends with Sinestro saying to Hal, "good luck, Green Lantern". Has anyone else seen it and/or been able to find it?

Hmm....I wonder if it is a pre cursor to Sinestro turning or if Sinestro is wishing him luck on stopping Hammond and or Parallax? Interesting.

I think I just saw the same one on Nick at Nite. I was about to post on here that I saw a new TV spot but this seems like the same one. There were a couple of other new shots as well. I think from the second trailer when you hear his voiceover speaking to the guardians "help me save my planet" it shows his face as he says it in the TV spot. I'd like to see it again as well

Now Box Office Mojo is saying that the movie is 1hr and 45 minutes.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=greenlantern.htm

I'm cool with this as long as it's good.

Come on man, you're kidding right? :csad:

Math is not our strong suit. We're geeks, not nerds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"