Official Green Lantern News & Discussion Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
:whatever:

You see the kind of *****e you are right?

Defending myself from someone who makes false claims against me while calling me a troll makes me a *****e?

Ok, sure I'm a *****e! Yay I guess

Doesn't change the fact that Green Lantern was a mess in both execution and marketing, causing it to be a critical and financial embarrassment. None of the ridiculous opinions you state can change that since the facts spell it out plain and simple.

Staring off part #10 with a bang, I see. :D

Defending myself from someone who makes false claims against me while calling me a troll makes me a *****e?

Ok, sure I'm a *****e! Yay I guess

Doesn't change the fact that Green Lantern was a mess in both execution and marketing, causing it to be a critical and financial embarrassment. None of the ridiculous opinions you state can change that since the facts spell it out plain and simple.

Nah, you have been trolling and essentially telling people "you're wrong, I'm right and your opinions are ******ed" for a couple days now. Anyone that disagrees with you on the film is ******ed, anyone that disagrees with anything you claim that you know as an "insider" in some fashion you essentially claim is ******ed or delusional.

Hell, right here you've claimed my opinions are "ridiculous" dismissing essentially anything I have said or will say simply because you disagree with what I have to say. No one, myself included, is claiming this film is a either a financial or critical success. Hell, despite how much I enjoyed the film I have stated some of the things I would like to see changed in a sequel and I mentioned some of those ideas in the rest of my post responding to your gripes about being flagged as a troll after you have, you know, trolled like a prick.

I'd probably rate this film on par with the average of audiences that said they liked it, 3.5/5. But that's not really the point here is it? You have an incessant need to be "right" and to be the only person who has an opinion that matters because you are allegedly "informed" and because you "know more" about movies than well... anyone here or at other sites that happen to report any tidbit that you don't have information on, or who have opinions that differ from yours. Your appeal to your own authority, is quite frankly ridiculous. And it doesn't help you that you've been acting like an ******* about it for 3 or 4 days now.

Maybe they should stop....then reboot years from now with the original costume.....

jhtsat.jpg

2qmzvb4.jpg

It wouldn't have to be CG, and maybe they could even do it as a 40's period-piece.

Maybe they should stop....then reboot years from now with the original costume.....

jhtsat.jpg

2qmzvb4.jpg

It wouldn't have to be CG, and maybe they could even do it as a 40's period-piece.
Actually,I wouldnt have a problem with that idea.

Actually,I wouldnt have a problem with that idea.

Then if there's a sequel, set it in present day, with the next GL (Rayner if the first was Jordan, or whichever) and the newer suit...then Stewart for the third and set it in the future.

The original Script set up a Alan Scott Spin-Off. And it would have been awesome. There is even a door to use Lord Malvolio in that.

Then if there's a sequel, set it in present day, with the next GL (Rayner if the first was Jordan, or whichever) and the newer suit...then Stewart for the third and set it in the future.

I find sequels with alternating green lanterns after every movie to be very uninteresting. If you connect with one person but then switch him out with somebody so soon else makes it pointless after only one movie.

I was hoping that this trilogy WB was planning had Hal Jordan for three movies and him passing the ring onto Rayner or Stewart at the end.

I find sequels with alternating green lanterns after every movie to be very uninteresting. If you connect with one person but then switch him out with somebody so soon else makes it pointless after only one movie.

I was hoping that this trilogy WB was planning had Hal Jordan for three movies and him passing the ring onto Rayner or Stewart at the end.

Ryan Reynolds had said he'd loved to do that in an interview.

Ryan Reynolds had said he'd loved to do that in an interview.

Another reason to feel bad for him...the guy tried his best but there just wasn't much for him to work with

I pictured the trilogy in my head with
-1st movie him becoming the hero and accepting the responsibility
-2nd movie him training with Sinestro and building their relationship while also chronicling the fall of Sinestro
-3rd movie Sinestro Corps War with Hal doing something that causes him to pass on the ring to Rayner/Stewart; him going back to Earth to Carol

-not asking for another trilogy when the ring is passed on but for it to mean that the Green Lantern story is ongoing

That's why you would move the installments through time/different eras...highlighting the idea of the corps more and the history/legacy they have.

That's why you would move the installments through time/different eras...highlighting the idea of the corps more and the history/legacy they have.

I see what you mean but I'm just saying if there's a new Lantern every movie; wouldn't it just be an origin story over and over. Unless you just jump right in with whomever and they already have the ring; but then I would find it hard to care about them without knowing them. It seems your talking about an anthology which does sound very interesting.

I see what you mean but I'm just saying if there's a new Lantern every movie; wouldn't it just be an origin story over and over. Unless you just jump right in with whomever and they already have the ring; but then I would find it hard to care about them without knowing them. It seems your talking about an anthology which does sound very interesting.

I don't think they'd have to do a whole origin each time, just start each one with a short prologue introducing the new lantern and where he comes from. But yeah, maybe a bit too sprawling and ambitious for just three films. I always liked the idea of spanning many decades, or even centuries in a story...not necessarily with a time traveler, though.

Problem is, Alan Scott isn't a GLC Green Lantern. His ring and lantern/battery are made of the Starheart which somehow split off from the Oan central power battery but isn't strictly connected. So any movie featuring him would necessarily be almost entirely separate from Green Lantern and the Green Lantern Corps and Oa.

You know, whatever problems one might have with this movie I just don't see the reasoning in endlessly slagging on it as nearly everyone with the exception of perhaps a few of the film reviewers that slagged on it(like the Rolling Stone guy) recognizes the potential for Green Lantern as a franchise. Most of the complaints about this movie seem to revolve around wasting said potential and rushing the elements that would have made for it to be an epic space opera superhero franchise.

That said, why not root for it to get the necessary numbers for WB to move forward with a sequel while your criticisms, and that of the critics and whomever, are out there and hope WB picks up on what seems to have gone wrong and correct their course with the next installment. Thus resulting in a sequel that could potentially make the first film look better, as well as enable the franchise to go into the stuff that we all want to see from GL on screen. Heck, if a sequel were to go ahead and become what it should become... that could result in the first film being revisted, anything that was filmed a cut and never put through the post-production process could be added to give it a smoother flow and greater development for some characters and stories if they add to it.

I don't know, it just seems to me that the best course of action for fans of GL who think this thing has real potential at cinematic gold to pull for it to make the minimum necessary to convince WB that they should go forward and make the epic space opera that fans are clamouring for.

Problem is, Alan Scott isn't a GLC Green Lantern. His ring and lantern/battery are made of the Starheart which somehow split off from the Oan central power battery but isn't strictly connected. So any movie featuring him would necessarily be almost entirely separate from Green Lantern and the Green Lantern Corps and Oa.

You know, whatever problems one might have with this movie I just don't see the reasoning in endlessly slagging on it as nearly everyone with the exception of perhaps a few of the film reviewers that slagged on it(like the Rolling Stone guy) recognizes the potential for Green Lantern as a franchise. Most of the complaints about this movie seem to revolve around wasting said potential and rushing the elements that would have made for it to be an epic space opera superhero franchise.

That said, why not root for it to get the necessary numbers for WB to move forward with a sequel while your criticisms, and that of the critics and whomever, are out there and hope WB picks up on what seems to have gone wrong and correct their course with the next installment. Thus resulting in a sequel that could potentially make the first film look better, as well as enable the franchise to go into the stuff that we all want to see from GL on screen. Heck, if a sequel were to go ahead and become what it should become... that could result in the first film being revisted, anything that was filmed a cut and never put through the post-production process could be added to give it a smoother flow and greater development for some characters and stories if they add to it.

I don't know, it just seems to me that the best course of action for fans of GL who think this thing has real potential at cinematic gold to pull for it to make the minimum necessary to convince WB that they should go forward and make the epic space opera that fans are clamouring for.

I love your optimism but the problem (for me at least) with going forward with a sequel and hoping it will be epic as we know it can be is that the characterization is so poorly done. There is no base to build on.

To do the Sinestro Corp Wars for the sequel would be a mistake because having him and Hal fight would be similar to two random dudes you don't know wrestling each other. We need to see the Sinestro and Hal bond during the sequel and Sinestro fall from his perch as leader of the Corps.

So in a third film when they duke it out it will have greater impact because of how they got there. A second film has to have Hal form relationships with the rest of the Lanterns so we care what happens to them.

This is all speculation since its not looking likely at this point we'll get a sequel.

That wasn't biased at all.

Went to see it again after work today, and it's still not as bad as people make it out to be. People being "reviewers." It had a pretty decent sized crowd, and they laughed at the humor and shut up during the action scenes.

Went to see it again after work today, and it's still not as bad as people make it out to be. People being "reviewers." It had a pretty decent sized crowd, and they laughed at the humor and shut up during the action scenes.

Hearing and seeing the same complaints out of regular people as I have the critics.

Guess it depends on your crowd. This was basically suburban/urban families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"