Official Green Lantern News & Discussion Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
people,deadline says that Green Lantern is tracking through the roof !!!.
in the article at deadline about super 8 not tracking that good they say that green lanter and cars 2 have much more awareness on them and at the end they say that tracking is through the roof.i think thats amazing news and movie is still 11 days away!!

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/sof...uper-8-plot-secrets-until-friday/#more-137684

Looks like they are getting their info via NY Mag's Vulture blog. They say that Green Lantern currently has 85% total awareness and 45% definite interest. If I understand this correctly, that means that out of the the population of moviegoers (around 214 million) 45% of them (96 million) are definitely interested in this movie. Whether this translates into all of them going to see the film is a slightly different story (some of them may opt to watch it on VoD or DVD). If all of them did go to see the film at an average ticket price of $7.89 this film could gross over $750 million (and that would be assuming that everyone went to see it once).

I am not watching those clips, the damn "From Page to Screen" book already spoiled enough for me.

Guys, just want to repeat, if you're going to discuss the content of what's in the released clips, please use Spoiler tags. Be respectful towards those who haven't watched them or don't want to. And especially towards those who won't get the movie for a couple of months.

Much appreciated. :up:

2 months? 2 months? i still am shocked that i get the movie in august. 1 week or 1 month....i could survive. but 2 months? .

• Puerto Rico: Jueves, 4 de agosto de 2011
  • Perú: Jueves, 11 de agosto de 2011
  • Argentina: Jueves, 11 de agosto de 2011
  • Chile: Jueves, 11 de agosto de 2011
  • México Viernes, 12 de agosto de 2011
  • Bolivia: Jueves, 18 de agosto de 2011
  • Colombia: Viernes, 19 de agosto de 2011
  • Panamá Viernes, 19 de agosto de 2011
  • Uruguay: Viernes, 19 de agosto de 2011
  • Venezuela: Viernes, 2 de septiembre de 2011
the problem is in all latin america, i have to wait until August 19 :csad:

At least you guys have dates. I'm from a Caribbean island and I have no idea when it will come. Let me give you an example, the movies that are showing at the cinema now are Rio and Fast Five. And Fast Five just opened last week. So that's... June 3rd. Thor still have not reached yet. Story of my life :csad:

Dude, you live in the Carribean, what more do you want?

In Brazil arrives August 17, a loooooooong time to wait...

In other news, Comic Prequels have his previews, with Kilowog and Tomar-re

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/06/07/green-lantern-prequel-comics-kilowog-tomar-re-preview/

glmpk-14.jpg

glmptr-14.jpg

Quick question
I'm getting the GL movie art book tomorrow, is it full of spoilers, I'm trying to steer clear of any footage, info etc

Quick question
I'm getting the GL movie art book tomorrow, is it full of spoilers, I'm trying to steer clear of any footage, info etc

That's what I've heard, most of those books do. So I'd just get it and not bother cracking it open until after the movie.

Quick question

Yes, there are spoilers in it. Nothing major but there are some spoilerish stuff. It's essentially the Set Visits that the journos went on in July.

kinda weird seeing an alien having the word "hell" in their vocabulary.

Brazil is also in August, and u can include it on this list.

How many downloads do you think it will have? WB is crazy to push the release 2 months after US.

kinda weird seeing an alien having the word "hell" in their vocabulary.

It would be foolish to not think that sentient beings would not have a place where people are banished to suffer as punishment. Whatever that place is, that would be hell and would translate in English as such.

I don't like that they attached the first trailer to the Emerald Knights DVD. They should've used the 3rd trailer...that would've been perfect.

I don't like that they attached the first trailer to the Emerald Knights DVD. They should've used the 3rd trailer...that would've been perfect.

Might have been what they had when the decided to press the discs.

You GL fans out there need to watch Emerald Knights. Its amazing, one of the best animated movies DC has ever made.

my copy of rise of the manhunters should be arriving any hour now.

I'm pretty excited! Gonna try and platinum it before the movie comes out. I wonder if there's online co-op?

Looks like they are getting their info via NY Mag's Vulture blog. They say that Green Lantern currently has 85% total awareness and 45% definite interest. If I understand this correctly, that means that out of the the population of moviegoers (around 214 million) 45% of them (96 million) are definitely interested in this movie. Whether this translates into all of them going to see the film is a slightly different story (some of them may opt to watch it on VoD or DVD). If all of them did go to see the film at an average ticket price of $7.89 this film could gross over $750 million (and that would be assuming that everyone went to see it once).
Do we know of other movies that had 45%definite interest and what their opening weekends were?
It might be fun to compare .

Do we know of other movies that had 45%definite interest and what their opening weekends were?
It might be fun to compare .

All I know is that the tracking data is used to predict eventual grosses. The film "Knight and Day" for example had very low tracking numbers that translated into an estimated less than $20 million opening weekend just weeks before it's release. As it turned out (even with Fox showing sneek previews of the film weeks before to jump star a buzz) the film still had a $20 million opening weekend and ended up grossing around $259 million world wide. I want to think that the studios believe that there is a lot of interest in this film and are just trying to lock in an audience with the film clips and trailers. I have a strong feeling this film will make more than what I crudely calculated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back