Official Green Lantern News & Discussion Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched all of the clips (though it was tempting) but I think they should put to rest any worries people had about Reynolds. He IS Hal Jordan. And Lively looks like she's doing well here too. I love that her flight code name is Sapphire. I thought that was slick.

That "To Infinity and Beyond" line is gonna come back to bite Hal in the ass when he realized the REAL Buzz Lightyear is in the Corps.

Yeah lively doesn't look so great in the trailers, but she does fine in the actual movie.

Please watch the spoilers...
I appreaciate that ,because I didnt watch any of the clips and several people here are obviously using dialogue from the 'In the Brightest day" clip
PLEASE use spoiler tags to discuss ANY clips .

JOIN THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS

(Picture of silhouette of Hal and corps members)

DO YOU HAVE THE WILL
Awesome t shirt that I will be wearing to the midnight premiere...and I didn't watch 1 clip.

hehe, watched the "Welcome you here" clip... lol, i think im gonna stay away from that site until i see the movie next week

i clicked on the vids but they never played

It looks like
the paralax fight scene is going to be Green Lantern's "Spiderman vs. Doc Ock"

Like any good Lantern, my willpower is strong. I want to keep some things a surprise for the 17th.

Same here. Rarely has a movie been ruined for me after I check this stuff out, but Iron Man certainly was, and I want to ensure this one doesn't turn out like that when I watch it in full.

He does, but he doesnt look as sophisticated as a top level scientist would be.
And what do they look like? They're top level scientists because of how smart they are, not the way they groom themselves.

That Parallax scene got me all giddy. That's the first time I was really feeling it, like GL had begun. [BLACKOUT]I mean, to see Hal in action. His fight moves and constructs were intense but also playful and funny.[/BLACKOUT]

And again, I don't feel bad watching all the clips since I have to wait until August!

JAK®;20530629 said:
And what do they look like? They're top level scientists because of how smart they are, not the way they groom themselves.

Exactly. There are scientists who look odd and shabby.

I think film is gonna have a huge opening weekend. This film will be successful.

Exactly. There are scientists who look odd and shabby.
Case in point;

albert-einstein-1951.jpg

I was so impressed with those clips. The doubt has gone away. I can't wait, though I have to (two months longer than the States, but hey).

Some of my favourite parts:

I love the green light fading from Abin Sur too. Very sad.

Seeing more Earth scenes gives a good balance to the CGI.

I loved the green light over Oa when the Corps recite the Oath.

I love the different sounds the Lantern makes when it first "ignites" in Hal's apartment.

Carol Ferris scenes looked good, including the jet flying.

I got a thrill seeing Amanda Waller, it made me think of the Justice League, and the entire DC Universe.

My main goal is to not watch the clips too many times, just enough to hold me out until August.

How awesome the constructs work in the film. One of my worries was if the constructs would look kind of goofy and silly when they were popping up. But that battle with Hal and Parallax had me literally dropping my jaw. The way Hal just shot one construct out after the next and the creativity of them all.

I know, right? [BLACKOUT]Hal just keeps going and going, it was unrelenting. I was laughing.[/BLACKOUT]

Did anyone get emotional while watching Abin Sur pass the torch and pass away? I thought that it was well done. :csad:

I like Hal even more because he wanted to take Abin Sur to the
hospital

Did anyone get emotional while watching Abin Sur pass the torch and pass away? I thought that it was well done. :csad:

I like Hal even more because he wanted to take Abin Sur to the
hospital

It was and [BLACKOUT]in scenes like that you do like Hal more because we see that he is more than just snappy one-liners.[/BLACKOUT]

Guys, just want to repeat, if you're going to discuss the content of what's in the released clips, please use Spoiler tags. Be respectful towards those who haven't watched them or don't want to. And especially towards those who won't get the movie for a couple of months.

Much appreciated. :up:

2 months? 2 months? i still am shocked that i get the movie in august. 1 week or 1 month....i could survive. but 2 months?

why god why me? i am not from the jungle. i am not expecting a theater in the desert.

Terrible clips. Mainly no. 8. I think a lot of people in Europe will die because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"