Official Green Lantern News & Discussion Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw an exclusive clip on AOTS with Jordan and Kilowog briefing him on what he's expecting from him.
Kilowog uses his ring to create a construct of a sun that almost sucks Hal into it, who involuntarily uses his ring to create a spike with a rope attached to it that keeps him from getting sucked into it.

Hmmm, I assumed that shot was near the end of the film...

Dnno1 was born to be funny by being dead serious about certain things that aren't true.
dnno1 is a joke account. It's hard to tell because he sticks to his shtick really well but every once in a while he slips up a little.

I was thinking, or hoping it would run closer to Campbell's other movies. Average is about 128 minutes.

I think I just saw the same one on Nick at Nite. I was about to post on here that I saw a new TV spot but this seems like the same one. There were a couple of other new shots as well. I think from the second trailer when you hear his voiceover speaking to the guardians "help me save my planet" it shows his face as he says it in the TV spot. I'd like to see it again as well

Yep, that's the one I saw.

MCD is so fit for Kilowog. Plus Geoffery Rush as Tomar Re is just :awesome:

I think I'm gonna pass on watching the new clip, if it pops up anywhere. I've seen so much footage already.

Thor was only like an hour and 50, wasn't it?

It's an hour and 55 minutes, yes. (About 5-8 minutes is end credits.) As someone not that familiar with the comics, I found Thor well paced and unrushed. Since GL has a less complicated origin story, I honestly can't see a problem with a film roughly Thor's length.

As long as it's well-paced and entertaining, it doesn't need to be 2 hours long or longer if the story doesn't require it. There aren't nearly as many story beats like Green Lantern: First Flight had to hit, let alone it was 45 minutes shorter than the live-action film.

Plus Geoff Johns helped guide the film during pre-production, so it shouldn't be bad at all.

I though Thor could use more development. It was so fast-paced it felt somewhat unsatisfying.

Im fell exactly the same about Thor. And about GL runtime, maybe the movie will be more of 2 hours.If you see both Nolan's Batman and Superman Returns, they time are between 2 hours and 2 h and 40m. I guess the GL movie will be 2h and 15m.

Last edited:
I can coz it was listed as June 16 until a week ago. They changed the released date four weeks before the film was meant to be released, four ****ing weeks. FFS I'm getting Captain American before it now. I swear they want people to download the bloody thing. I could stand a week or two, but 2 months?

Brazil is also getting it in August, because of the limited number of 3D theaters.

I m suffering the same problem, but i want to see the film in a theater because a torrent-download film dont bring the same quality of the big screen and this movie looks soo epic to be apreciated in that way. Infortunaly, waiting sucks, i have to wait GL in August and Super 8 in september :cmad: , but what i've seen the results will pay the wait

Im fell exactly the same about Thor. And about GL runtime, maybe the movie will be more of 2 hours.If you see both Nolan's Batman and Superman Returns, they time are between 2 hours and 2 h and 40m. I guess the GL movie will be 2h and 15m.

It's established on BOM and on Fandango that GL is 1 hour and 45 minutes long. We're going to have to get used to it, and hope that the movie doesn't suffer for it.

It's established on BOM and on Fandango that GL is 1 hour and 45 minutes long. We're going to have to get used to it, and hope that the movie doesn't suffer for it.

Whoa, i dont have heard about that... hmm, i dont know if im worry about that, but i dont wanna see the same problems of Thor again.Hope they use the time screen with wise.

Has it been said how much of time takes place in space, and how much time takes place on Earth?

Awesome. MCD really seems to be into the character and the mythos. Also seems like a really cool guy all around.

That setting looks really barren and off. The scene itself is great, but the sony really dropped the ball with the visuals. I'd hate to think how things would have gone if the runtime wasn't short.

It'll probably look better on the big screen than a youtube video, though. :D Iunno, I think the effects look pretty good.

I think the visuals look fantastic. :o:up:

Good lord, I hope Warner Bros gets either ILM or Weta to do the CGI for the sequel.

Kilowag's facial expressions are very artificial looking and kind of off-putting.

yeah, the facial animations was awkward. and i wish michael clark duncan did a little more than talk like michael clark duncan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"