The Official Green Lantern Review Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't even f**king know Sinestro!

You think I'd care about some random *****e riding my ass so much that I'd quit before I'd really gotten started?
No, because dealing with *****es is a pretty regular thing. You'd think that, as Hal was such a *****e himself towards the beginning, he'd have a stronger backbone and not run away with his tail between his legs.

So Hal has one training session, fails, goes home and sulks a bit, gets some pep talks from Carol, then all of a sudden is worthy enough as a GL to save an entire planet?

And people thought Thor's character journey was forced and hackneyed? lol

Actually he didn’t get the pep talk still later in the film, nah he runs home after quiting and well just uses the ring at his leisure (although it was to save people), he doesn’t get the pep talk until after she discovers who he is.

No, because dealing with *****es is a pretty regular thing. You'd think that, as Hal was such a *****e himself towards the beginning, he'd have a stronger backbone and not run away with his tail between his legs.

Like a *****e.

Hal acted like a little b**ch in that scene and it seemed completely out of character to what was presented earlier in the film.

Actually he didn’t get the pep talk still later in the film, nah he runs home after quiting and well just uses the ring at his leisure (although it was to save people), he doesn’t get the pep talk until after she discovers who he is.
The script was not good.

No, it was dumb as nails and do you even see him quit?
Just seems one moment he was on Oa the next he is back on Earth doing his thing, for all I knew he just came back down to settle some affairs he had.

This movie is drastically incomplete, and we can't hope for it to be rectified in a directors cut because most of what is missing would of happened in Oa and directors seldom cut out millions of dollars worth of CG footage.

Yes we do, we see him mumble so weak ass speech about how Sinestro is right and he isn’t cut out for this. Cant remember the exact quote but I know a quitters speech and that certainly was one.

Yes we do, we see him mumble so weak ass speech about how Sinestro is right and he isn’t cut out for this. Cant remember the exact quote but I know a quitters speech and that certainly was one.
He did say something. And he was doing some pretty impressive s**t before Sinestro pwd him but one word from a guy he doesn't know causes him to leave???

If it was some serious event and Sinestro's words I could understand but it isn't.

Honestly the biggest travesty about this movie is the additional scene at the end. [blackout]Sinestro has absolutely no arc in this film and to have his descent into villainy tossed in without first exploring him as a character is one of the worst things I've ever seen in a blockbuster[/blackout]

how can you show 7 years of training? i think they showed enough in BB

He did say something. And he was doing some pretty impressive s**t before Sinestro pwd him but one word from a guy he doesn't know causes him to leave???

If it was some serious event and Sinestro's words I could understand but it isn't.

Thing is Hal is meant to have an iron will and be a badass, I mean didn’t old school Hal at one point will himself not to die. That’s some Chuck Norris level of badass right there.

Honestly the biggest travesty about this movie is the additional scene at the end. [blackout]Sinestro has absolutely no arc in this film and to have his descent into villainy tossed in without first exploring him as a character is one of the worst things I've ever seen in a blockbuster[/blackout]

I'm gonna have to agree with you, even though it was epic to watch. They would have to do some backpedaling if a sequel is going to have a decent script.

showing and not telling
Batman Begins wrote the book on it.
lol I like BB and no I'm not comparing BB to GL but I always was mildly annoyed at how much the "fear" theme was screamed every single second of the movie.

Sooooo true. That was ridiculous.

Oh yah, somehow that is worse.

Hey, his name is Sinestro, that's background enough right? :whatever:

Wait hold the phone here, there was a scene after the credits? As soon as that movie was over, I was up and out.

Thing is Hal is meant to have an iron will and be a badass, I mean didn’t old school Hal at one point will himself not to die. That’s some Chuck Norris level of badass right there.
I only read the Paralax arc.

Best part of the movie today was the Captain America trailer which preceded it. :cap:

Whoa whoa whoa hold the f'kin phone, you got a Captain America trailer? I didn't get that:cmad:! I heard rumors about that but when I didn't get it I thought they were just rumors. Did you go to the 3d or 2d showing? If it was only with 3d I'm going to be super pissed. I had heard that the movie did not live up to expectations but I thought that if I got the Captain America trailer it would be alright. Today is just not my day. BTW was the trailer awesome; I bet it was awesome; please tell me it was awesome I need this.

Yea that is ridiculous. Totally skipping Sinestro's development as a character and his relationship to Hal in favour of a sequel bait after credit scene is the most ******ed thing ever.

What they should have done is what they did in First Flight. Have Sinestro take Hal on a few missions to earn his stripes. Show them become friends. Then show Sinestro's homeworld, ruled with an iron fist, hinting towards his turn in future movies.

Wasn't even after the credits, unless there was another one after.
There was the primary credits and before they got to all the best grip and standings and whatever else is involved in making a film they had a little scene for a movie that might never get made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"