The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Ryan Kwanten as Barry Allen / The Flash?

I'd certainly be happy with Kwanten. He's charismatic, his acting is solid, has the right look [not only is he blond but he's also an athlete; he looks like a runner and by extension, the running wouldnt be problem].

Yeah, I could go with that.

So what exactly is the status on this film?

I like Barry but honestly I prefer Wally's profession for a movie. I like the idea of Flash more as the everyman and Wally fits that mold better.

So the comics wiped out the marriage (and overall romance) of Barry and Iris (though they still know each other apparently) and Barry is dating Patty Spivot instead. If we do get Barry in the film - and it sounds like we are - should Iris be his cinematic love interest - since DC spent years saying she was his soul mate more less) - or should Patty be his love interest? Or should they get crazy and go all love triangle on us?

How about Ben Mckenzie from TNT's "southland" as Barry Allan?

double

Last edited:
Definitely Iris West. She works as she's on the scene of the crime, but in a different capacity than he is. Patty could work as a sort of secondary, incidental or obstructive romance. Kinda like the landlord's daughter in Spider-Man 2.

After wtaching SOURCE CODE, I definitly would like to see Duncan Jones directing the Flash movie.

And also Jake Gyllenhaal as Barry Allen, as I suggested before, as well as Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Iris West.

flashjakegyllenhaal.jpg
flashmaryelizabethwinstead.jpg

After wtaching SOURCE CODE, I definitly would like to see Duncan Jones directing the Flash movie.

And also Jake Gyllenhaal as Barry Allen, as I suggested before, as well as Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Iris West.

flashjakegyllenhaal.jpg

I like these picks.

flashjakegyllenhaal.jpg

I can accept that.

Winstead can look exactley like Iris West.

The_Flash_Rebirth_1_-_Iris_West-1.jpg
mew2-1.jpg

And she's a very good actress. So is Gyllenhaal.

How about Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy)?

There's a script. But they're iffy after Green Lantern didn't meet expectations. Maybe after TDKR or MOS.

I'm sure once TDKR makes them money they'll be willing to take a chance with the flash. They have to have a tentpole film anyways. That being said I think 2014 is the earliest we'd be looking at.

In that time berlanti and guggenhiem also have their green arrow tv show which may be able to get WB's confidence back in them if its well received.

I think in order to start having less predictable, successful superhero films you need to start differentiate them more than they are. Different colored tights and a new superpower I don't think will do the trick for too much longer. For the Flash, I think they could get a lot of mileage out of the "sidekick graduation" aspect of The Flash property.

I'm sure once TDKR makes them money they'll be willing to take a chance with the flash. They have to have a tentpole film anyways. That being said I think 2014 is the earliest we'd be looking at.

In that time berlanti and guggenhiem also have their green arrow tv show which may be able to get WB's confidence back in them if its well received.

I'm a really big Flash fan, but i really think that DC might try to just stick with The Man of Steel franchise if that works out OR try to somehow revive Green Lantern.

There's a script. But they're iffy after Green Lantern didn't meet expectations. Maybe after TDKR or MOS.

They're iffy about Flash after what happened to Green Lantern???? :dry:

Well gee, who's f**king fault was that? The script was deporable, and the executives were aware of it. They threw a mil here and there to try to make the problem go away.

^ Again, the Script was not bad, but they had to cut things because of the budget, and the story ended up disjointed.

^ Again, the Script was not bad, but they had to cut things because of the budget, and the story ended up disjointed.

No, it was bad. Why?

• The Hal Jordan character was poorly written. The audience never connected with him.
• The villains were a complete waste, especially Parallax. No impact was made.
• Carol was virtually non-existent, and that shouldn't be for the protagonist's love interest.
• A Space Opera? Where?

No, it was bad. Why?

• The Hal Jordan character was poorly written. The audience never connected with him.
• The villains were a complete waste, especially Parallax. No impact was made.
• Carol was virtually non-existent, and that shouldn't be for the protagonist's love interest.
• A Space Opera? Where?

• That's your opinion. Jordan was relatable to me, even though some of his character development was cut.

• Again, cuts related to budget. Both Parallax and Hector Hammond had much stronger character arcs originally.

• Rewrites. Though she was pretty present and entertaining.

• Opinions.

jordan was always gonna be hard to relate too he was an unlikeable *****e who was forced to be a hero he didnt become one on his own to fight off evil like say spiderman,dare devil,batman,iron man,x men,etc.

hard to relate to a guy who had to be forced to become a hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"