The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

So with maybe a recast Henry & Nora Allen, Iris, two Batmans, Supergirl, this is going to be another 4 hour movie?

I think Billy Campbell (The Rocketeer, Cardinal, Helix) should to play Henry Allen.

Lol not everyone is the protagonist. It all revolves around Flash making a decision then dealing with it. Sounds like a Flash film to me.

No one from It cast yet. Thought Chastain was gonna be Nora but I was wrong. James Ransone, Andy Bean, Jay Ryan could replace Crudup? McAvoy or Hader as Reverse Flash? Filming close to McAvoy if he’s in Scotland.
Javier Botet has been in all of Muschietti’s movies. Maybe he could be Plastic Man.

Lol not everyone is the protagonist. It all revolves around Flash making a decision then dealing with it. Sounds like a Flash film to me.
if that's the case, MOS needs to be called Lor - Em.

After all, he made the call and then we just see people dealing with the repercussions.

Lol what? The rest of that film is about whom they made the decision for: Kal El, Krypton, mankind, etc.

Flash makes the decision then has to deal with it directly by running through space & time. Kal El’s parents made the decision then died.

One of those things is not like the other.

No one from It cast yet. Thought Chastain was gonna be Nora but I was wrong. James Ransone, Andy Bean, Jay Ryan could replace Crudup? McAvoy or Hader as Reverse Flash? Filming close to McAvoy if he’s in Scotland.
Javier Botet has been in all of Muschietti’s movies. Maybe he could be Plastic Man.

I’ve been rallying for Hader to star in, write, and maybe even direct Plastic Man for years now. Lol it’s perfect imo.

Wow, I have not seen Maribel Verdu in anything since Y Tu Mamá También and that movie came out like 20 years ago. She still looks pretty

Sucks to hear about Billy Crudup though. Wonder who they will recast him with.

Yep. Keaton’s return as Batman is the only reason this got the green light from the studio.
It opens up sequels, as part of the deal... so yeah, for me, this is batman 3, it just so happens to connect to the DCEU and the only reason I am watching it.....

Lol what? The rest of that film is about whom they made the decision for: Kal El, Krypton, mankind, etc.

Flash makes the decision then has to deal with it directly by running through space & time. Kal El’s parents made the decision then died.

One of those things is not like the other.
...One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others

Yep. Keaton’s return as Batman is the only reason this got the green light from the studio.
Keaton's return is the only incentive for me to watch this movie :p Seriously

Could this be Baman III? Michael doesn't start until after his series is done so Batsy might not be as in it as much as we thought. Wah

There is a rumour that he becomes the DCU's Nick Fury, mentoring Batgirl in her HBOMax thing and starring in a Batman Beyond - so might that mean Batfleck dies?

Last edited:
I think Affleck certainly dies here. A more complete send off I suppose.

Affleck will likely start and bookend the film while Keaton will be support through the 2nd-3rd act. He’ll certainly help sell tickets, but it’s not his story.

Is there any indication to who the villain is yet?

Reverse Flash?

Flash speed force/reverse time theme is so good...hope they reuse it

Yeah that was a good scene. I just hope Muschietti does something about that run of his...

I wodner if ZSJL will have any effect on this - maybe provide inspiration to Muschietti?

I hope this doesn't fall prey to studio butchering...

Miller’s Barry Allen was actually good in Snyder’s JL. Just don’t have him constantly make jokes and everything will be fine.

Miller’s Barry Allen was actually good in Snyder’s JL. Just don’t have him constantly make jokes and everything will be fine.
A highlight, with the development of Cyborg. We hardly knew them in the Whedon cut - they were two peopel with superpowers who were... there

The focus was Batman, Wonder Woman and the revival of Superman. The difference is astounding

ZSJL is what it is, liking it better than the theatrical version. But its still the dark/dreary vibe that ppl didn’t like. WW and Aquaman fixed that. Flash has gotta go there too. Even if Miller is not as popular as Gadot and Momoa and less worthy. That concept of taking the Snyder out of the JL cast has been proven to work.

ZSJL is what it is, liking it better than the theatrical version. But its still the dark/dreary vibe that ppl didn’t like. WW and Aquaman fixed that. Flash has gotta go there too. Even if Miller is not as popular as Gadot and Momoa and less worthy. That concept of taking the Snyder out of the JL cast has been proven to work.
Yeah. It was a better, more cohesive work than the theatrical cut, and rather enjoyable with managed expectations, but still not what I would call the ideal Justice League film.

I’m not against Muschietti tipping his cap toward ZS if he so chooses, but I also don’t want him to feel beholden to all that.

Don't know what Whedon was thinking with all of the rambling, cringey, jokey dialogue he added for Ezra's Flash that made him come off like he was autistic. Turns out all of his "funniest" jokes and moments were already in Snyder's version.

In ZSJL, I thought he was even funnier and more natural, while showing some more personality. He added some comic relief without being the butt of every joke. He wasn't super annoying came off as being smarter and a worthy addition to the team. Plus, he actually had something major to do that displayed the true range of his powers, rather than just carrying people from one place to another.

I’m not against Muschietti tipping his cap toward ZS if he so chooses, but I also don’t want him to feel beholden to all that.
Yeah I would actually hope Muschietti deviates from JL the same way James Wan did and make it his own. More like It without the horror than ZSJL.
If Christina Hodson wrote the script then there’s reason to hope that is the case. She is like the Markus and McFeely (Marvel go-to scribes) of DC.
If its anything like Birds of Prey and she wrote that. More in line with Miller’s sense of humor. Another way they took an actor/character (Margot Robbie) out of the Snyderverse successfully. Speaking of, kinda weird that BoP is about Gotham City and Batman is MIA. But there are two Batmen in what is expected to be the first ever Flash solo film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"