The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

We’ll see. You never know with WB.

Except you do. It wasn't like they greenlit it blindly like they did with all of Snyder films. It was greenlit after being released on hbo max and theaters and after the reviews.

The WW3 announcement was PR in the face of all the negative backlash

WW3 got the greenlight the second Patty agreed to let WW84 go on MAX

Except you do. It wasn't like they greenlit it blindly like they did with all of Snyder films. It was greenlit after being released on hbo max and theaters and after the reviews.
WB is notorious for announcing things that don’t come to pass… where have you been? WB announcing a movie =/= the movie will happen. Like I said, we’ll see what happens. WW84 is one of the worst CBMs in recent years, I won’t be surprised either way. Acting like WW3 is a sure thing is very hasty.

Stop its happening. There isn't much chatter cause and it's making a stupid Star Wars film but HBO Max saved her. If that film had been released in theaters WW3 would be in trouble but it did fine on Max.

Ww3 definitely needs a course correction back to the tone of the first one and less 84. I still have no idea what they were thinking with 84. Like the poster above said I didn't hate but man was i baffled.

Ww3 definitely needs a course correction back to the tone of the first one and less 84. I still have no idea what they were thinking with 84. Like the poster above said I didn't hate but man was i baffled.
Maybe the Flashpoint will erase WW84 from having happened! :funny:

They were thinking we could go the Marvel route and people would accept it. It's like JL:TC or GL it's not bad but it's not great it's just there. Although I will admit I did like GL.

I dont think that is it, because I doubt Patty wanted to make it anything like a Marvel film. Remember she had total control of that film because WW did so well. WB didn't even force her to course correct it when the test audiences had many of the same issues we all did when we saw it. If the studio was the issue she would have thrown them under the bus when she threw a hissy fit about HBO Max. (which she should have been thanking her stars for cause that film tanks in week 2 in theaters if normally released) Especially after she got a Star Wars gig she could afford to go public if WB was the problem.

I think she wanted to tell a lighthearted story that was kind of like a longer version of the 70s show...meaning charming and rather ridiculous. (I mean come on it is a rock that grants wishes and she talks Max Lord out of finishing his mission) She also seemed rather nostalgic for the 80s and there was a large gap between WW and BvS so she picked that time period. In theory it works, it was a time of great fun and mass excess while also very colorful and kitchy. The problem wasn't the time period, it was the weak ass way she did Cheetah, the entire Steve Trevor story and the lame ending. You know, like a TV show.

There was good parts, but not enough to salvage the film.

personally i really liked how WW84 ended. i'm just sick of superhero climaxes end with hero and villain endlessly punching each other.

I think she wanted to tell a lighthearted story that was kind of like a longer version of the 70s show...meaning charming and rather ridiculous.
I think that's true. And of course we got the
Lynda Carter cameo.

I think that's true. And of course we got the
Lynda Carter cameo.

Yeah which felt rather...forced.

I didn't mind the end as much in retrospect...except for the lameness of Cheetah. If WW had fought Cheetah in a real fight and then you had the ending with Max it probably works better. Having the Cheetah fight basically be a Mike Tyson fight in the 80s and then have her give a cartoony speech to win the day was just too much cheese in a film that was already beyond cheesy.

I thought Chris Pine’s unconvincing ‘man out of time’ performance was the worst part of the movie.

The more left unsaid about the stupid Steve Trevor story the better. It is nice that Patty loves Chris Pine so much but yikes that storyline was bad.

I like Pine, and I get that he was there to represent Diana giving up something that she wanted more than anything, but he still felt tacked-on and really pretty superfluous.

It would be wild if Muschietti was doing dark multiverse stuff in this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"