The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

After watching Eternals, the speedster VFX >

hopefully they add something new or similar...

I haven't watched the series, but that short feels like it worked with the tone of the series... but still... superman, I just..... they need to get their act together..... we know now Keaton is the Bruce Wayne moving forward... that's cool.... he mentors Batgirl... I like that angle and I am excited to see her world... this new super girl... I mean, would it have made more sense having her there floating, instead of superman... if indeed the rumours are true and she replaces Cavill...

I find this scene interesting... it works with those two... I can see the tone resonating more... either way, I am stoked to see Keaton, Batgirl.. The Batman, I'm intrigued with MBJ's work...

At this point, I would love them to reboot Superman that is in Reeves world, but not necessarily interact with 'The batman'. Said this before, I think Miles Teller would be a great shout for an updated version of the classic superman, ala Donnerverse, for the every day man.... in the sense we have unassuming office disguise, farm boy, then superman... changes in public behind a booth etc... I also like Aaron Taylor-Johnston.
I love Idris Elba, I want him in the movie with a significant role - I was thinking Lex, but I don't wanna see him as bad... I like him as Perry, but that's too cliche now.. I like the idea of him as Jonathon, but keeping him round as an integral part of the the upbringing. I actually like the idea of Clark not looking like his parents,. but embody them so well, it's like an obvious metaphor of being adopted, outcast etc and it can be clark being the different kid in class/church.. but the movie opens up a whole other aspect of American culture.. I often thought, what if the Kent's already had a child, how would that affect things... I do like the christ analogy for superman, Christian upbringing.
Anyways - totally off topic I know - but then the juxtaposition is MBJ of earth 2, if these two meet, the parallels and differences would be interesting to explore.

Actually, i like the idea of the merging universe at the end with batfleck sacrifice, that's something happened often in multiverse crisis stuff. So i'm curious to see how it will look like in movie. but i think it would have been more relevant if Bale replaced batfleck as a semi-retired batman in the end because they are the same age. Also we would have the three iconic Batman actors (without Adam West and Pattinson tho) in one movie. The incarnation at the end would be a merge of theses three incarnations (bale appearance, Keaton suit and batfleck history/memories). Bale would have a minor role (or a cameo) in Batgirl and that's it, baby. We don't need more (i don't think keaton will have more than that and i'm totally ok with this, flash will be his conclusion of the burton era and a send-off to batfleck).

Actually, i like the idea of the merging universe at the end with batfleck sacrifice, that's something happened often in multiverse crisis stuff. So i'm curious to see how it will look like in movie. but i think it would have been more relevant if Bale replaced batfleck as a semi-retired batman in the end because they are the same age. Also we would have the three iconic Batman actors (without Adam West and Pattinson tho) in one movie. The incarnation at the end would be a merge of theses three incarnations (bale appearance, Keaton suit and batfleck history/memories). Bale would have a minor role (or a cameo) in Batgirl and that's it, baby. We don't need more (i don't think keaton will have more than that and i'm totally ok with this, flash will be his conclusion of the burton era and a send-off to batfleck).

I think to bring bale back, only to kill him off, retire him, is redundant.

Do I want a Bale cameo, 100% - would it happen and work, your guess is as good as mine.

I kinda like the idea where they show us Bruce Wayne/Batman from universes we haven't even seen, like, imagine Hugh Jackman playing a version of Neal Adam's Batman... either way.. it's easy to lose focus.

I think the universes will merge as one, with a pocket universe where Batfleck Bruce lives with his father and Mother.

It's a weird one, imagine you discover the multiverse then you realize it will all merge and your life won't exist... but yet, it will, in some weird hybrid way..

He is back, isn't he?

FMaSvzQWQAA2UtY

flash back scenes... however if they do something moving forward - old man bruce... who knows... I don't want his reveal in flashpoint to be ruined by pap shots, behind the scenes stuff from batgirl..

I hope this isn't just a Flash in title movie with Batman centered stuff. I know Batman has an impact in Flashpoint but this is the first Flash solo movie please have it focus on him.

Seriously! That was WB/DC’s biggest problem only ever doing Superman and Batman in movies for so long. This is like a step back. Not the Flash movie I signed up for.

Yes. Or Batman No Way Home. Or at least Flashpoint. Still a lot we dunno about the movie yet but it’s billed as the first Flash solo film, which it’s clearly not.
What I was hoping for was a redo of the Flash tv show to make it more cinematic. What Muschietti did with It. But no.

Supposedly this is getting pushed back again (again) ((again)) (((again))) ((((again)))).

Yeah...

Deadline said:
Warner Bros made a slew of release-date moves for some high-profile movies today.

• DC League of Super-Pets moves from May 20 to July 29.
  • The Flash moves from November 4 to June 23, 2023.
  • Aquaman moves from December 16 to March 17, 2023.
  • Wonka moves from March 17, 2023, to December 15, 2023.
  • Shazam! Fury of the Gods moves up from June 2, 2023, to December 16, 2022
  • Meg 2: The Trench has been set for August, 4, 2023.

Deadline.com

I also got to see the DC in 2022 promo at the cinema, last Thursday, before The Batman. I guess they'll need to update that one.

Bummer. Of course, you know what group of ''fans'' are running around twitter claiming this is due to Zaslav and the upcoming merger. The fever induced fantasies will be even worse now.

Last edited:
Yeah...

Deadline.com

I also got to see the DC in 2022 promo at the cinema, last Thursday, before The Batman. I guess they'll need to update that one.

Still not as bad as Dark Phoenix's first trailer having the February 14 release date, and then it being delayed almost immediately after that.

I bet they’re going to have some big reshoots. Fans have responded very poorly to the rumored/lack of villains. I wouldn’t be surprised if they use the delay to beef up the threat, maybe even add in Reverse Flash. A Flashpoint story should have that character

Yeah this is very disappointing news. But sticking the landing for Flash is crucial, if they need time I say let them have it. If this movie fails, it would be really bad for a number of upcoming films.

Annoying, but it does make sense to give this Bat-adjacent movie some more space from The Batman.

Yeah, this delay I find concerning. Aquaman makes sense to me since Avatar 2 was right around the corner of Aquaman, so spacing it out makes sense. Black Adam also wasn't delayed that long. But this is like 7 months. I have to assume it is for heavy reshoots and issues with the movie. Maybe from poor tests or whatever. But I find this delay to be a red flag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"