The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 85

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but... Joker's big post on the other page was spot on.

Re: above posts about "My cousin's roommate hated it!" "Well, my sister's bestie loved it!" not amounting to much, sure, that's true. But, when the critical score of the movie plummets into rotten, the movie makes the least amount of money for the series, the studio shifts the release by two full years and the star of the thing talks in-depth about the reaction and needing to improve... come on. All that proves enough.

poor_spidey_by_mauricioabril-d7j6oe9.jpg

I'm sorry, but... Joker's big post on the other page was spot on.

Re: above posts about "My cousin's roommate hated it!" "Well, my sister's bestie loved it!" not amounting to much, sure, that's true. But, when the critical score of the movie plummets into rotten, the movie makes the least amount of money for the series, the studio shifts the release by two full years and the star of the thing talks in-depth about the reaction and needing to improve... come on. All that proves enough.

THANK YOU :up:

And people keep seeing that god awful movie... and a ridiculous amount saw T4 which also sucked...

Right...so you're saying sucky movies can make money. We all know that. That's why you never judge a movie's quality by box office alone.

Sucky movies have fans. Turtles has the biggest nostalgia fandom of the year, hands down.

Oh come on, now you're changing argument tactics again by accusing all those likes of just being nostalgia votes? If you want to make stuff up then we could also say all the votes TASM 2 has are just from fans of Spider-Man simply because it's a Spider-Man associated product. See Spider-Man and hit like.

I mean you keep changing the rules for this Facebook argument of yours every time I disprove a point you're making, and this FB thing had no credibility to begin with anyway.

I definitely think amz 2 will easily get more likes than catwoman and green lantern. No contest.

We'll see. I don't fancy your chances with Green Lantern. The woeful TMNT movie already has it licked by a long way, and it has not even been released in the U.K. yet. Imagine how many more likes it will get once it comes out there.

You also have to realize theres a good chance sequels on facebook underperform in l"ikes" due to one major reason the others are just the characters name. Theres soooo many facebook fan pages its incredibly easy to see "like catwoman" and think its the character rather than the movie. "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is clearly the film and not to be confused with simply "spider-man"

There's a big honking Halle Berry Catwoman movie picture on the profile pic of the page. It even has Halle Berry's name on it lol. It's not hard to deduce it's about the Catwoman movie. Ditto for Green Lantern and TMNT.

Only an idiot would confuse those pages for something else other than the movie pages.

I don't know if I've ever ended/started a thread before.

Feels good, brah. :D

Wait Catwoman and Green Lantern has more Facebook likes then TASM2?

*checks Facebook

103875-chris-tucker-facepalm-gif-Frid-GSTI.gif

Wait Catwoman and Green Lantern has more Facebook likes then TASM2?

*checks Facebook

Yep. So does the new TMNT movie.

Now that's not me saying those movies are better or more popular than TASM 2. This is just me counteracting someone using FB likes as a defense for a movie in the first place.

I don't even know what to say. It's just to easy.

Only an idiot would confuse those pages for something else other than the movie pages.

.... and people are obviously that stupid. Lol the fact that many people could like catwoman proves that much at the very least.

Anywho like I said previously... the comparison of my original post wasnt about quality

I think you may have misinterpreted spidey-Boy, Joker.

I think what he's gettting at is that all the likes indicate is perhaps a fraction of those people enjoyed the film and perhaps, that may mean, that the film is not universally hated.

I mean, its an objective fact that more people rated the movie positively on RT then people who rated it negatively.

It's an objective fact that more critics rated it positively.

You can say, "yeah it wasn't recieved well due to BO", but in reality, again, the film hit 700+, its not as if people avoided it like the plague.

It's not as bad as it would appear on these forums, in fact, head over to the spider-man subreddit, (far more active users then us) and make a post about how bad TASM2 was, you'll be downvoted into oblivion.

Similar story on /tv/, you'd get lambasted for saying TASM2 was the worst movie ever.

SHH has higher standards I feel, if you hate the movie, you really hate it, if you love it, you really like it.

We're not the internet.

Yep. So does the new TMNT movie.

Now that's not me saying those movies are better or more popular than TASM 2. This is just me counteracting someone using FB likes as a defense for a movie in the first place.

Dude... for the last time you missed my point in that anyway... it was just simply about proof that it has alot of fans NOT THAT ITS FANTASTIC QUALITY

I think you may have misinterpreted spidey-Boy, Joker.

I think what he's gettting at is that all the likes indicate is perhaps a fraction of those people enjoyed the film and perhaps, that may mean, that the film is not universally hated.

I mean, its an objective fact that more people rated the movie positively on RT then people who rated it negatively.

You can say, "yeah it wasn't recieved well due to BO", but in reality, again, the film hit 700+, its not as if people avoided it like the plague.

It's not as bad as it would appear on these forums, in fact, head over to the spider-man subreddit, (far more active users then us) and make a post about how bad TASM2 was, you'll be downvoted into oblivion.

Similar story on /tv/, you'd get lambasted for saying TASM2 was the worst movie ever.

SHH has higher standards I feel, if you hate the movie, you really hate it, if you love it, you really like it.

We're not the internet.

THIS THIS THIS.

Thank you!!!

haterz gonna hate and twist everything they want to fuel that...

I wasn't accusing Joker of twisting anything!

I think he just may have misinterpreted your overall point in this case.

I wasn't accusing Joker of twisting anything!

I think he just may have misinterpreted your overall point in this case.

I hope so. But ive been here a while. People are quick as hell to jump on any tidbit that will let them rant longer about their distaste for the film and completely derail a thread by doing so

.... and people are obviously that stupid. Lol the fact that many people could like catwoman proves that much at the very least.

Anywho like I said previously... the comparison of my original post wasnt about quality

I think you're being way too much of a movie snob to call people stupid for liking a movie, even a bad movie. People can like movies for the guilty pleasure viewing. The kind of movies where it's so bad it's good kind of entertainment value.

But even if people legitimately like the movie, I wouldn't call them stupid for it. If they started saying it's a brilliant movie that's better than obviously better movies, then I'd question their I.Q.

Dude... for the last time you missed my point in that anyway... it was just simply about proof that it has alot of fans NOT THAT ITS FANTASTIC QUALITY

Ok, and I've proven that equally bad and worse movies have plenty of fans, too. In all cases I used more than TASM 2.

So the point is moot.

The audience score is dropping continually. Went down to 68% this week. Like I said in a previous post, I'm betting it will be in the 50's or lower next year at this rate.

You can say the same thing about a lot of weak movies. It still came out with a rotten critic score.

Again you can say that about a lot of bad movies.

Who here is calling it the worst movie ever?

Last edited:
I think you're being way too much of a movie snob to call people stupid for liking a movie, even a bad movie. People can like movies for the guilty pleasure viewing. The kind of movies where it's so bad it's good kind of entertainment value.

But even if people legitimately like the movie, I wouldn't call them stupid for it. If they started saying it's a brilliant movie that's better than obviously better movies, then I'd question their I.Q.

Ok, and I've proven that equally bad and worse movies have plenty of fans, too. In all cases I used more than TASM 2.

So the point is moot.

The audience score is dropping continually. Went down to 68% this week. Like I said in a previous post, I'm betting it will be in the 50's or lower next year at this rate.

You can say the same thing about a lot of weak movies. It still came out with a rotten critic score.

Again you can say that about a lot of bad movies.

Oh come on now... why so serious? Its friggin catwoman. The but of everyones joke on the hype... come on now joker

I understand that you can say that about a lot of bad movies Joker, I'm not trying to argue that TASM2 wasn't bad, (today ;)) just that its not as bleak as it seems here at SHH

I understand that you can say that about a lot of bad movies Joker, I'm not trying to argue that TASM2 wasn't bad, (today ;)) just that its not as bleak as it seems here at SHH

Its mediocre at worst... and at best. Its nowhere near the worst sh film. It nicely rests somewhere between best and worst easily.

Oh come on now... why so serious? Its friggin catwoman. The but of everyones joke on the hype... come on now joker

Batman and Robin is the butt of even more jokes than Catwoman, and I kid you not that movie has fans here, too. So does Catwoman.

I'm not saying I think Catwoman is a good movie, or even a good bad movie. I hate the bloody thing. But there are people who legitimately like and enjoy these movies and I'm not going to call them stupid for that. If they enjoy them then more power to them. Each to their own.

If they started saying they're better movies than obviously superior movies then I'd be seriously questioning their intelligence. It's one thing to like something for what it is, and it's another to think it's better than a superior product.

Fair enough, but I don't think the message from SHH is it's the worst movie ever. I can count on one hand the number of people I've seen say that.

Batman and Robin is the butt of even more jokes than Catwoman, and I kid you not that movie has fans here, too. So does Catwoman.

I'm not saying I think Catwoman is a good movie, or even a good bad movie. I hate the bloody thing. But there are people who legitimately like and enjoy these movies and I'm not going to call them stupid for that. If they enjoy them then more power to them. Each to their own.

If they started saying they're better movies than obviously superior movies then I'd be seriously questioning their intelligence. It's one thing to like something for what it is, and it's another to think it's better than a superior product.

Fair enough, but I don't think the message from SHH is it's the worst movie ever. I can count on one hand the number of people I've seen say that.

Sorry.. you're being a tad ridiculous.
Now you sound like you're sympathetic toward catwoman movie fans but not fans of this...

Im done with it. Im not arguing just for the sake of arguing like you seem to be buddy

TASM2 isn't exactly the movie people will be watching in 20 years as an example of cinematic brilliance, let's put it that way ;)

You're on the money Joker, about the "Stupid" comment.

Someone's intelligence isn't based on their opinion of a movie, in my humble opinion!

The fact that Andrew came out and commented about the studio's mishandling of the script is telling. Now I don't know about the script, and I am not a fan of Orci and Kurtzman, but if Andrew feels that the film suffered due to meddling in all stages of production, then something is seriously wrong.

I think I've been kind of a Negative Nancy on this thread lately because I've made negative comments about the film. However, I only criticize this series because I care a lot about its success. I want it to be better. Same goes for the DCCU and the MCU.

Sorry.. you're being a tad ridiculous.
Now you sound like you're sympathetic toward catwoman movie fans but not fans of this...

Im done with it. Im not arguing just for the sake of arguing like you seem to be buddy

That is absolutely ridiculous. Have I ever implied in any way that fans of these movies are stupid for liking them, like you just did with the fans of those movies? No. I would never do such a thing.

Aside from being totally disrespectful, I'd be in serious trouble with the Mods for doing such a thing, not to mention having the forum hating my guts for calling them stupid.

I would defend anyone's right to like any movie they want without being called stupid, no matter how bad it is.

Hey I just came back from dinner and- :wow:

Let them fight I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"