The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - Part 87

I won't go by reviews of the different movies, Sam Raimi's Spider-Man is better than the Amazing Spider-Man, and Spider-Man 3 is better than the Amazing Spider-Man 2, that's the outcome I got from watching all five movies again this year with a more critical view.
the amazing films are hated by those who only care about spider-man in mcu. they will even rewrite history by saying first amazing spider-man film was failure and universal hated in 2012 which isn't true at all.
The movies are hated by people who love the first two Raimi Spidey films as well, including the ones who are not fond of MCU Spidey.

I see a lot of 616 Peter in this one.

I won't go by reviews of the different movies, Sam Raimi's Spider-Man is better than the Amazing Spider-Man, and Spider-Man 3 is better than the Amazing Spider-Man 2, that's the outcome I got from watching all five movies again this year with a more critical view.
The movies are hated by people who love the first two Raimi Spidey films as well, including the ones who are not fond of MCU Spidey.

I see a lot of 616 Peter in this one.

well i thought most spider-ma 1 and 2 lovers liked mcu spidey.it was said only those who liked amazing films or amazing 1 didn't like homecoming.

I will forever maintain spider-man 3 is worse than amazing 2.though i will say i would take spider-man 3 over homecoming.

while I like amazing 1 more than spidey 1 i can respect those who think that.

they are defently 616 elements in garfield version of peter.

I must be the only fan who likes all six Spidey films.
There are others like you, right now I don't want to be one of them.

Over all I do with Spider-Man 3 easly being the weaknest and amazing Spider-Man 2 being crazy crazy underrated.
I agree with the second part. It's a decent movie that gets a lot of harsh flack.

Recent pic

andrew-garfield-attends-the-american-associates-of-the-national-gala-picture-id930706524

As much as I love and defend these movies (Peter is still not a jerk for being afraid and hesitant of giving his friend blood, most people would probably hesitate in giving their blood anyway), I will have to address this little thing:

Why did they not write to each other for all these years? And nothing in their conversation goes like this: "I'm sorry to hear about your father", or anything of that kind.

Yeah, Garfield they made him go overboard in the other direction after listening to the criticism's about Tobey's lack of quippiness (which I never got the problem with, he makes jokes, he isn't mute like the Nicholas Hammond version). He was so reckless with the jokes and his actions in the Amazing movies, like the cartoonish jokes while the Rhino is driving trucks all over traffic. Tom strikes the balance the best probably, though.
"You can call me amazing, you can call me webhead, just never call me late for dinner. Get it?"
"Not a shaker? Are you a hugger? Not a hugger."
And they said they worked with stand up comedians to make the jokes sharper in this one.

Aside from that thing he wasn't bad in jokes, and not really that reckless in action.

As much as I love and defend these movies (Peter is still not a jerk for being afraid and hesitant of giving his friend blood, most people would probably hesitate in giving their blood anyway), I will have to address this little thing:

Why did they not write to each other for all these years?

Maybe the filmmakers were thinking that was the case and worked with the relationship between ultimate Peter and Eddie (that does seem a big influence, both their friendship and their parents' having collaborated on something). Or just that the fans would be happy to see Harry regardless of the circumstances.

Maybe the filmmakers were thinking that was the case and worked with the relationship between ultimate Peter and Eddie (that does seem a big influence, both their friendship and their parents' having collaborated on something). Or just that the fans would be happy to see Harry regardless of the circumstances.
Possible.

No it was on purpose since Disney owns the merch rights to spidey and sold exclusive toys at the Disney store so they gave promotion to Disney. It’s a way of also saying your gonna be mine soon

Over all I do with Spider-Man 3 easly being the weaknest and amazing Spider-Man 2 being crazy crazy underrated.
I've always enjoyed ASM2. Over the past 4 years, I've tried to pick it apart and see why people hated it, but funnily enough, I think I like it even more. Especially when you compare it to the dumpster fire that was BvS (Both cuts).

Call me crazy, but I think Sony should bring back Garfield as an antagonist for Hardy's Brock/Venom. I feel Spiderverse has successfully introduced the concept of the multiverse and different versions of Parker, so it's an easier concept for fans to digest.

I'm now the opposite. The first time I watched it, with bad expectations, I enjoyed it. Now I just can't watch it again. Nothing there grabs my attention and holds my interest.

Call me crazy, but I think Sony should bring back Garfield as an antagonist for Hardy's Brock/Venom. I feel Spiderverse has successfully introduced the concept of the multiverse and different versions of Parker, so it's an easier concept for fans to digest.

I thought of that myself. I don’t really want to see that version of Venom in the MCU, but the idea of Garfield getting to do one more and make a trilogy, plus like you stated using this as a way to pave the way for a Multi-verse with different versions does sound pretty cool. :up:

I'd rather see a new Spider-Man than see Garfield ever in the role again. Not a fan.

Agreed. Also, why confuse the audience further by seeing yet another Spider-Man they already saw in prior movies when Tom Holland is still active in the MCU? At least a new person in the role can show this is a new universe and would have less of a chance at alienating/confusing the audience.

I don't think the audience will be confused. Into the Spider-Verse deals directly with this concept and is doing just fine.

I think Hardy Venom should go toe to toe with an adult Spider-Man. Garfield could fill that role :hehe:
He doesn't need to face a webhead at this point, they went past the need for that.

I don't think the audience will be confused. Into the Spider-Verse deals directly with this concept and is doing just fine.
Into the Spider-Verse came from the start setting up different worlds and different spiders from the gate. The scrapped guy returning for a movie entirely disconnected from MCU as they have their take on Spider-Man will feel random and disjointed.

He doesn't need to face a webhead at this point, they went past the need for that.

Into the Spider-Verse came from the start setting up different worlds and different spiders from the gate. The scrapped guy returning for a movie entirely disconnected from MCU as they have their take on Spider-Man will feel random and disjointed.

I dunno man, I think it can be finessed pretty seamlessly. I’ll acknowledge my bias though. I’m a fan of Garfield’s Spidey and just think this Venom fits better in that zany world than with the MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"