The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Horner mean the script for Amazing Spider-Man 2 was terrible? How did he know it was terrible? Or did he start scoring the movie and later quit?

He said he didn't want to do it because it was so bad, so he must have read the script first and saw how terrible it was.

But if zimmer had less time to work on it how did he make a score that nocked horners out of the ball park?

He didn't.

I see. Well, sorry about that then. I really did think you meant unattractive as in ugly.

You're forgiven. Just do not have a go at someone for something trivial like that in future.

Actually, it's just you two I like having digs at. :)

At least you admit you like to cause arguments. If you get banned for admitting that in public don't blame me.

You're forgiven. Just do not have a go at someone for something trivial like that in future.

Wouln't call it 'having a go', tbh. Not this certain time, anyway. Your reply really did feel sort of like you were disagreeing with something we were almost on the same page about.

But whatever, water under the bridge.

At least you admit you like to cause arguments. If you get banned for admitting that in public don't blame me.

I'd just like to explain myself, here.

Chaseter was putting down an entire fanbase for liking something he didn't, essentially. I thought it was bad sport, so I called him out on it. I think it's a form of discrimination, which I'll do everything to stop, whether it be among my friends, or on an internet forum.

What can I say, I don't like bullying. If the mods don't like me sticking up for other people? So be it, ban me.

Edit: I have no more energy for this and it's putting me in a bad mood, so I'll just let it this end it with that.

675223895_30917.gif

Last edited:
I'll be using it when I grow tired of arguments. It cheers me up. :up:

Thought of something a few days ago.

ASM 1: Peter's face is badly bruised by a bunch of hoodlums.
ASM 2: Peter gets hit by a police car, no problem.

Just watched this again, the first time I saw it I didn't like it, it felt overly long, the Harry stuff felt forced, Electro (or more do as Max) was cheesy and the FX were like a video game. The second time out well I enjoyed it a lot more, it's still not a great film by any stretch and is still not as good as the first one. However, I enjoyed it a lot more. Max/Electro was still cheesy and the FX were still video games but this time it didn't bother me. I will say this time the Harry subplot worked a lot more for me (Green Goblin stuff was still rushed mind) and the film flew by.

On some positives that I had originally the opening scenes and the ending scene were both awesome, felt that way the first time and feel that way now. The Spider-Man theme by Zimmer is still Amazing (pun intended) and probably my favourite thing about the whole movie (along with Andrew Garfield).

I'd change my rating to a solid 7/10.

8/10 after 3 viewings- The positives far outweigh the negatives.

I'd give it at least it's better than Batman & Robin, mostly. And that's being generous.

My brother finally got around to watching it the today and I watched it with him. He's a bit more forgiving for the movie than I am, but we agree it was pretty bad.

I got some ratings for the movie from my family and one of my friends.
My own: 4/10
My brother: 4/10
My mom: 6/10
My uncle: 3/10
My friend: 5/10
My friend's girlfriend: 7/10

3-7 range seems pretty mixed to me. No one found it downright awful, but no one found it particularly good either.

Last edited:
I'd give it at least it's better than Batman & Robin, mostly. And that's being generous.
A lot of people call this the Batman & Robin of the Spider-Man franchise, but I think Batman Forever is a better comparison. To me, B&R is completely unwatchable with little to no redeeming qualities. TASM2 has a decent amount of enjoyable elements to it and ultimately give it a 5/10... for each scene I like, there's a scene I really hate.

A lot of people call this the Batman & Robin of the Spider-Man franchise, but I think Batman Forever is a better comparison. To me, B&R is completely unwatchable with little to no redeeming qualities. TASM2 has a decent amount of enjoyable elements to it and ultimately give it a 5/10... for each scene I like, there's a scene I really hate.

I think it's right down the middle of being the Batman Forever/Batman & Robin of the Spider-man franchise, maybe leaning slightly towards Forever. Like you said: for each scene I liked, there is a scene (or two) I hate. Unfortunately for me, I hate most of the scenes in the movie.

You know what I hate about TASM2? It was filmed entirely in New York and it did not feel a bit like New York at all. For instance, it took several viewings just to notice that Peter and Gwen Stacey were walking on the NYC High Line on their date. They start off in Union Square and suddenly it cuts to the High Line without an establishing shot or anything. There was no "New York spirit" that the Raimi's films had, and even though that sometimes came off as corny, Raimi did an excellent job at capturing the feel of being in NYC. There was a spark, as if NYC was a character in of itself, and I think that's missing in these new movies.

Just think to that city montage in Spider-Man (2002) where people are being interviewed about Spider-Man. "He puts his hands up, ropes come out, and he swings on the ropes like a spider web." Between lines like that and the guy singing on the subway, it really felt like I was visiting Manhattan while watching that film. Not to mention that Raimi's films were mainly shot in LA and only a short amount of time was spent in NYC.

4/10

That's being very generous.

The positives far outweigh the negatives.
I'm not great with number ratings but I can definitely agree with this. :up: I was legitimately shocked when I read the reviews after seeing the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"